Forums » General Gaming

Witcher 4 confirmed?

• 205 posts
    August 30, 2017 12:27 PM EDT

Been browsing some gaming sites recently and I came upon this article. It says that CD Project RED confirmed Witcher 4. I played Witcher 3 for more then 450 hours and I got very excited when I saw the article. Sadly, the devs said that Geralts story is over and will include a new protagonist. Will it be Ciri or a member of another Witcher school. I even heard talks about an entire trilogy centered around the early days of Vesemirs Witcher life. What do you think about it? Will it be placed in another part of the Witcher world or the same? Who will be the new protagonst? Comment below.

This post was edited by DeltaFox at August 30, 2017 12:27 PM EDT
    • 487 posts
    August 30, 2017 12:45 PM EDT

Vesemir 4 lyfe! Bloody love that guy, like a badass uncle. He'd probably be my main choice for a protagonist, sometime earlier in his life, although I don't think he has the same love interests that make the game interesting. The two other Witchers in the Witcher 3, forgot the names, could be canditates as well. But at the same time someone from the lesser known Witcher schools could also be interesting, maybe a young lad trying to give the School of the Serpent a new name, recalim their old honour.

• August 30, 2017 9:18 PM EDT

Hell yeah, I could survive with dealing with the Witcher 4 (though, I would prefer that we wait until 2020 or so, give them plenty of time to make it). But I vote for Ciri. There are other characters somewhere, but Ciri. Enough said, Ciri. 

• 692 posts
    August 31, 2017 9:58 AM EDT

Colour me excited...

I don't really care whether Geralt is involved or not (I would imagine he'd be in flashbacks or something, even if they go with a new protagonist) because its 'the world' that is the REAL star of The Witcher games.

Given that Cyberpunk 2077 hasn't even got a firm release date (at least 2018 from what we know) I don't imagine we'll see Witcher 4 until at least 2020

Wil we get The Witcher 4 before Elder Scrolls 6, I wonder :p 

• 205 posts
    August 31, 2017 11:40 AM EDT

I think we'll get a new Fallout before TES 6. :)

• 487 posts
    August 31, 2017 12:41 PM EDT

Dragonborn1921 said:

Hell yeah, I could survive with dealing with the Witcher 4 (though, I would prefer that we wait until 2020 or so, give them plenty of time to make it). But I vote for Ciri. There are other characters somewhere, but Ciri. Enough said, Ciri. 

I feel like the only person who really isn't fussed about Ciri. I mean its kinda cool how she's some anomaly and is also good with magic and is the daughter of a king, but I just feel a little underwhelmed by her character. To be fair I wouldn't mind if she was the protagonist, and that does seem like the most likely course, but I wonder what the gaemaply will be like given tha twomen can't be Witchers?

• 144 posts
    November 11, 2017 11:19 AM EST

Thinking about picking up Witcher 3 Complete edition for some extended gaming time. Anyone have a rec for a total newbie? Are there good sites/resource apps out there to guide a fresh start a little?