Forums » Fallout

Creation Club

• 215 posts
    August 29, 2017 5:08 PM EDT

Just wondering what the thoughts are about the Creation Club that went live in "beta" format today.  Oh, and killed SKSE for it.  The CC for Skyrim will hit in September.

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2017 5:23 PM EDT

It looks a whole lot like overpriced crap that not even PS4 players will pay for. It's about...$5 for Enclave armor. Five real moneys for one set of power armor. Noooooooooope. I'm not convinced. 

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 6:25 PM EDT

I mean it is just in beta right now, so I really can't say much except I hope more and better stuff gets added.

• 215 posts
    August 29, 2017 6:27 PM EDT

I'm just pissed that it broke SKSE.  LOL

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 6:30 PM EDT

I don't play on PC so that doesn't bug me, but I can understand.

• 1441 posts
    August 29, 2017 7:32 PM EDT

Interested, wish it had more per pack

• 1467 posts
    August 29, 2017 7:55 PM EDT

I haven't fully checked it all out but why does it ruin SKSE? I am weirded out about how they still managed to fuck over PS4 users with this one...I mean, why can Xbox and PC users transfer credit to each other but PS4 users can't? I mean, it just doesn't make a lick of sense and feels like it's part of a giant conspiracy to fuck over PS4 players yet again.

I'll wait to see if they deliver anything actually interesting to PS4, but really I don't see the point in marketing this to PC and Xbox at all...Why would you guys need it when 100 people have made better mods than whatever is going to be posted. 

• 215 posts
    August 29, 2017 8:01 PM EDT

The update for CC is a new version.  F4SE is now out of date (sorry, I call both SkExt for Skyrim and FO4 the same thing out of habit...lol)  But the CC for Skyrim comes out next month and SKSE isn't up to date yet as far as I know for the SE release.

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 8:11 PM EDT

It isn't Bethesda screwing over the PS4 it is Sony themselves. Also, Xbox and Windows, the program running on most PCs are made by Microsoft who see it as a great way to double profit.

• 1441 posts
    August 30, 2017 11:06 AM EDT

The mods I see look on fleek

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:43 PM EDT

So what happens if someone creates a mod that does the same thing as a paid mod? This is why I fucking hate this idea. Bethesda is likely to market the best mods out there. I'd encourage a boycott on any of the shit they sell in the CC.

• 1441 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:46 PM EDT

Rogue said:

So what happens if someone creates a mod that does the same thing as a paid mod? This is why I fucking hate this idea. Bethesda is likely to market the best mods out there. I'd encourage a boycott on any of the shit they sell in the CC.

A. Its mini-DLC. And B. It allows us PS4 players to have mods that allow custom assets

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:49 PM EDT

Chris said:

Rogue said:

A. Its mini-DLC. And B. It allows us PS4 players to have mods that allow custom assets

A. Doesn't really answer the question at all.

B. Fair enough

• 224 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:54 PM EDT

Rogue said:

Nothing. There is both a free version of the Hellfire Power Armor and paid one, but the free one is better. So you would still be allowed to make free mods. Creation Club is basically big time modders getting paid by Bethesda to make mods for them. Plus, they can milk PS4 users for more money unlike Xbox One and PC *prepares flame shield*

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:55 PM EDT

Pickle Rick said:

Rogue said:

Nothing. There is both a free version of the Hellfire Power Armor and paid one, but the free one is better. So you would still be allowed to make free mods. Creation Club is basically big time modders getting paid by Bethesda to make mods for them. Plus, they can milk PS4 users for more money unlike Xbox One and PC *prepares flame shield*

This is true

• 284 posts
    August 30, 2017 4:41 PM EDT

I still don't like the whole concept of the CC. I will support it if they only allow huge DLC like mods, like Enderal and Falskaar to be made. That I would pay for. Not for a pair of fucking boots.

• 1441 posts
    August 30, 2017 6:26 PM EDT

DeltaFox said:

I still don't like the whole concept of the CC. I will support it if they only allow huge DLC like mods, like Enderal and Falskaar to be made. That I would pay for. Not for a pair of fucking boots.

or mini quests like for the Chinese Stealth Armor, or a modular backpack

• 70 posts
    August 31, 2017 2:38 AM EDT

Im not really sold on it yet. If they bring stuff like Undeath or like DeltaFox said Falskaar and Enderal than maybe. Just hoping its not like Oh pay 5$ for Mudcrab Armor -.- 

• 224 posts
    August 31, 2017 10:32 AM EDT

I think this video sums up the feelings of Creation Club.

This post was edited by David at August 31, 2017 10:47 AM EDT
    • 1441 posts
    August 31, 2017 10:43 AM EDT

Pickle Rick said:

I think this video sums up the feelings of Creation Club.

Its not showing up

• 224 posts
    August 31, 2017 10:48 AM EDT

Fixed the video. Thanks Chris.

• 404 posts
    August 31, 2017 10:54 AM EDT

Sony should have allowed modding in the first place

• 743 posts
    August 31, 2017 11:02 AM EDT

The only thing I'll buy is a DLC size mod that's at least as good of quality as Bethesda's own DLC.

• 404 posts
    August 31, 2017 11:09 AM EDT

Rogue said:

The only thing I'll buy is a DLC size mod that's at least as good of quality as Bethesda's own DLC.

http://tes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Skyrim:_DLC_Mods

• 743 posts
    August 31, 2017 11:16 AM EDT

Shy Knight of the Shovel said:

Rogue said:

http://tes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Skyrim:_DLC_Mods

We don't even have half of these mods on Xbox, so I imagine PS4 has none of them. I don't see many of these being ported to console, so I'm not really getting my hopes up for them.