Forums » General Gaming

Bethesda: Game of Thrones Leak

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2017 10:50 AM EDT

According to a Youtuber by the name of TheEpicNate315, a title called "Bethesda: Game of Thrones" has been leaked by Target in one of his videos. I don't know if this was common knowledge or not (definitely wasn't to me) but Bethesda had apparently had talks with prominent HBO figures over creating a Skyrim style Westeros game. Open world, create your own adventure, type of playthrough.

As Nate states in his video, this is quite curious considering a company as large as Target leaked it. It would also be fitting as we know nothing on one of Bethesda's 2018 IP's, which may I mention, is also the year Game of Thrones Season 8 is supposed to come out if everything goes right. Hype train much?

So what are your thoughts on the matter? I'm getting fucking goosebumps just typing this out. The season finale alone has me hyped for this possibility. I can honestly say that I would likely play a game similar to the TES formula but set in Westeros for more hours than Skyrim, which is saying a fuck ton in and of itself. My favorite show in the style of my favorite game. Damn!

Anyways, please give some thoughts on this. Am I crazy for saying that I'd play this game more than Skyrim? Are you hyped for this or think it's a terrible idea? Give us some opinions!

This post was edited by Rogue at August 29, 2017 10:52 AM EDT
    • 1441 posts
    August 29, 2017 10:53 AM EDT

It would be like the GOT conversion mod canonized, glorious 

• 585 posts
    August 29, 2017 11:00 AM EDT

Just found out about this! I mean the source is unreliable at best, they could just be doing it to gain attention and make money and all that gubbins, but I choose to believe dammit. I wonder if it'll do a Telltale and just set it in the world, and ignore events, or if it'll be placed in a certain point in the timeline (or maybe you can choose, or time goes on and the story progresses regardless of the character, which would be awesome). Yeah, this is basically to awesome to comprehend, and I bet I'll have loads of fun speculating about it.

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2017 11:03 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Just found out about this! I mean the source is unreliable at best, they could just be doing it to gain attention and make money and all that gubbins, but I choose to believe dammit. I wonder if it'll do a Telltale and just set it in the world, and ignore events, or if it'll be placed in a certain point in the timeline (or maybe you can choose, or time goes on and the story progresses regardless of the character, which would be awesome). Yeah, this is basically to awesome to comprehend, and I bet I'll have loads of fun speculating about it.

I just can't see a store like Target doing something like that. Maybe I'm just biased and really want to see the game happen.

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 12:11 PM EDT

The new season of GoT doesn't come out till 2019, which...you know is cool I guess. *internally dies a little*

This seems like a great idea, but I am not going to jump on the hype just yet because I would almost bet it would just be a Skyrim clone and I don't want that. I want a GoT game, not Skyrim with GoT elements. So really I am in the middle about this game I am excited about it if it turns out the be legit, but on the same side, I am leery of it because it would just Skyrim with GoT.

Also, why do you the Lannister banner on here, and yet have the Stark one as your pic? You sending confusing messages here, mate.

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2017 12:20 PM EDT

Pickle Rick said:

The new season of GoT doesn't come out till 2019, which...you know is cool I guess. *internally dies a little*

This seems like a great idea, but I am not going to jump on the hype just yet because I would almost bet it would just be a Skyrim clone and I don't want that. I want a GoT game, not Skyrim with GoT elements. So really I am in the middle about this game I am excited about it if it turns out the be legit, but on the same side, I am leery of it because it would just Skyrim with GoT.

Also, why do you the Lannister banner on here, and yet have the Stark one as your pic? You sending confusing messages here, mate.

I've heard 2019 if filming gets delayed, but fall 2018 if everything goes over smoothly. Also, I believe in house diversity on the Vault as I don't want to be microaggressive towards other house fans. Please, someone, give me a trophy for being diverse in house representation. 

#Allhousesmatter #Diverse #Nomicroagressionsonmywatch

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 12:34 PM EDT

Rogue said:

Pickle Rick said:

I've heard 2019 if filming gets delayed, but fall 2018 if everything goes over smoothly. Also, I believe in house diversity on the Vault as I don't want to be microaggressive towards other house fans. Please, someone, give me a trophy for being diverse in house representation. 

#Allhousesmatter #Diverse #Nomicroagressionsonmywatch

It will more than likely be 2019. I can't even respond to the rest because it made me laugh way too much.

• 585 posts
    August 29, 2017 1:55 PM EDT

Rogue said:

I just can't see a store like Target doing something like that. Maybe I'm just biased and really want to see the game happen.

What wut? 'Target' is a shop? Is it like HMV or something?

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 1:57 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Rogue said:

What wut? 'Target' is a shop? Is it like HMV or something?

Do you know what Wal-Mart is? Target is basically a better version of Wal-Mart.

• 585 posts
    August 29, 2017 2:07 PM EDT

Pickle Rick said:

Oh, so it's a supermarket then? Hmmm, it's kinda weird that a supermarket of all things would leak an upcoming game, especially something as big as this. Damn, this is making me even more sceptical, imma just go back to my happy place where this is definitely a thing and there's no conflicting info that'll disprove it.

• 224 posts
    August 29, 2017 2:15 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Pickle Rick said:

Oh, so it's a supermarket then? Hmmm, it's kinda weird that a supermarket of all things would leak an upcoming game, especially something as big as this. Damn, this is making me even more sceptical, imma just go back to my happy place where this is definitely a thing and there's no conflicting info that'll disprove it.

Yeah, it sells food, clothes, electronics like tvs, games, gaming systems, etc.

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2017 2:31 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Pickle Rick said:

You see, I'm the opposite; because this is a prominent store leaking it. If it were some small independent store, I would think it was an attention grab. I dunno, it's odd to say the least.

• 585 posts
    August 29, 2017 3:41 PM EDT

Rogue said:

You see, I'm the opposite; because this is a prominent store leaking it. If it were some small independent store, I would think it was an attention grab. I dunno, it's odd to say the least.

Fair enough actually, they don't really have a reason for doing it because they're not just a gaming shop, so there isn't really a motive for them. Eh, maybe its a just an employee who wants attention, or maybe read something wrong on a shipping order or something. Wait, why am I trying to convince myself its not happening? Well done Rogue, you've solved it, this is definitely happening!

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2017 3:48 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Rogue said:

Fair enough actually, they don't really have a reason for doing it because they're not just a gaming shop, so there isn't really a motive for them. Eh, maybe its a just an employee who wants attention, or maybe read something wrong on a shipping order or something. Wait, why am I trying to convince myself its not happening? Well done Rogue, you've solved it, this is definitely happening!

As someone who is quite fond of it, I'm having way too hard of a time on figuring out whether or not this is sarcasm. 

• 140 posts
    August 29, 2017 4:23 PM EDT

Okay, I'll admit, I had to Google what "Target" was, but I think I'm on the same page now.

Well, first off I must say that I think this is a wonderful idea, but I am more than a bit sceptic (Too good to be true, maybe?). I don't know, just seems a bit odd to be leaked liked that. And if Bethesda was working on it, wouldn't it make sense to officially announce it? I mean, how could something like this NOT get people excited?

Still though, if it is indeed true then I think it may be right up there as one of my favorite games of all time. TES in Westeros? Hell yes!

Oh crap, wait! No Dunmer...

• 585 posts
    August 29, 2017 5:38 PM EDT

Rogue said:

Zonnonn said:

Rogue said:

As someone who is quite fond of it, I'm having way too hard of a time on figuring out whether or not this is sarcasm. 

Yes. Wait, no. Hmmm... I, as ever, am gonna believe whatever I want regardless of 'facts' or 'liklihood', so I think this is definitely gonna happen. And this wasn't sarcasm... Or was it?!

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:40 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Rogue said:

Zonnonn said:

Rogue said:

Yes. Wait, no. Hmmm... I, as ever, am gonna believe whatever I want regardless of 'facts' or 'liklihood', so I think this is definitely gonna happen. And this wasn't sarcasm... Or was it?!

I see how it is.