Forums » Elder Scrolls

God, Skyrim is just so timeless.

• 278 posts
    July 30, 2017 6:48 PM EDT

I was walking through Whiterun one day, when I go into sneak and decide to do a little pickpocketing. So i'm creeping around the marketplace when I decicede to head to Arcadia's Cauldron for a little potion top-up. But I silent rolled forward, and missed the door. I was busy hitting myself for being the worst skyrim player ever, when I noticed a little doorway cut into the stone wall. I crept over. I'd never seen this before! And I've been playing for two years. I crept over, and a little word pops up. "Guard Barracks" Holy Shit! I knew about the guard barracks near Warmaiden's, but this is brand new to me! I decide to do more exploring. I'm going past Heimskr and resisting my urge to murder the living daylights out of him when I notice a little tent above the Talos Statue. I go over. It's Heimskr's tent! I didn't even know his house got destroyed in the civil war, but it does and he moves out onto a little tent. Not to mention, entering Heimskr's house before the civil war reveals it's pretty much a little temple to Talos :D

What's something you found out that just took your breath away? Not something huge, just a little nice touch that makes you appreciate Skyrim for what it is.

• 7 posts
    July 30, 2017 8:39 PM EDT

I never even knew there was a Guard's Barracks near Warmaiden's! I've invested well over a thousand hours into Skyrim (which isn't much compared to others, but still, that's a lot of time to invest into a single game) and I still don't know Windhelm, Markarth, Morthal, Solitude, Falkreath, Riften, and Raven Rock very well. The only cities I can confidently walk around in are Whiterun, Winterhold, and Dawnstar. One of those being the main starting city that most players went to when they played the game and the other two being very small cities. This is my fault for not properly exploring these cities, but it still goes to show how large and intricate Skyrim is. 

• 34 posts
    July 30, 2017 11:47 PM EDT

Just the other day, I was walking around Dawnstar, and suddenly there was this door labeled "Mortar and Pestle". Stunned me utterly, let me tell you, I had no idea there was an Alchemist in Dawnstar.

• 627 posts
    July 31, 2017 1:06 AM EDT

soly said:

Just the other day, I was walking around Dawnstar, and suddenly there was this door labeled "Mortar and Pestle". Stunned me utterly, let me tell you, I had no idea there was an Alchemist in Dawnstar.

I still remember the day that I made the same discovery, it was 2-3 years ago and I just couldn't believe my eyes. My friend thought I was an idiot for never having noticed the place...

• 321 posts
    July 31, 2017 2:25 AM EDT
    I remembered there was this Dwemer ruin far up in the mountains in the Rift. That had this weird magic globe inside. Totally did not know that place was there until I searched UESP.
    • 275 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:41 AM EDT

I found an NPC named Eimar a few weeks ago in the Whiterun market. I've never seen him before but I had an AI mod that made townsfolk activities more realistic and I think that made him get out from under his rock and come into the town. Otherwise I'm sure I've explored everywhere in each town and know every building. I've know about thoes barracks in Whiterun for little over a year now.

• 275 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:41 AM EDT

Accidental double post.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at July 31, 2017 4:42 AM EDT
    • 34 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:19 AM EDT

Ebonslayer said:

I found an NPC named Eimar a few weeks ago in the Whiterun market. I've never seen him before but I had an AI mod that made townsfolk activities more realistic and I think that made him get out from under his rock and come into the town. Otherwise I'm sure I've explored everywhere in each town and know every building. I've know about thoes barracks in Whiterun for little over a year now.

Who is this Eimar? I've literally never seen him before either.

...wow... This is Eimar.

• 284 posts
    July 31, 2017 11:47 AM EDT

Discovering Blackreach for the first time, 14 months ago! I never played Skyrim's main questline after getting the dragons to appear. I heard about Blackreach many times, but I was still amased by the scope of it. HUGE!

Also, I played the Thieves Guild questline many times, but never actually looked for the shadowmarks. When I found one in Whiterun, I couldn't not see them again.

• 585 posts
    July 31, 2017 3:05 PM EDT

So eventhough I've had Skyrim for almost the entire time its been out, I've never done the Summerset Shadows quest. So when I whipped up a spy/thief type guy a little over a year ago I was utterly taken back when I found the secret room in that Altmer's house in Windhelm. Like I was breaking into houses roleplaying that I was trying to find information for the Imperials, when this massive bloody secret just jumps out at me. It was incredible.

• 278 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:06 PM EDT

Yeah, every single fucking house I check for shadowmarks! It's actually super detailed and extremely good for a theif build.

• 490 posts
    July 31, 2017 9:51 PM EDT

I have so many to list, but mine is more applicable to almost any game or RPG.

I love the feeling of exploring a dungeon that is either brand new to me or one that I have not explored in a long while and being in a total state of delving into the dark unknown. Sometimes you get to the point where you don't know where it ends, you are low on supplies, and there is a big unexpected fight that you have to strategize on the fly or chug that one potion that could save your ass. Diving deep into a cave or dungeon with some magelight or torch to be met by mystery is just too cool and Skyrim delivers this.

I can also offer up the first Blackreach moments. I think that is certainly a common one among us but it really hits ya hard to see that place...

• 278 posts
    August 1, 2017 4:42 AM EDT

Wait, WHAT? The Forsworn seem to want to take over Dragon Bridge! Has anyone found Dragon Bridge Overlook? It's a small Forsworn Camp literallym right over Dragon Bridge! It's got one single Forsworn Briarheart, and a set of bows and arrows! Looks like thsi guy wants to go invading Dragon Bridge single-handedly! 
    i've never seent hat before!

• 627 posts
    August 1, 2017 4:56 AM EDT

Wulf said:

Wait, WHAT? The Forsworn seem to want to take over Dragon Bridge! Has anyone found Dragon Bridge Overlook? It's a small Forsworn Camp literallym right over Dragon Bridge! It's got one single Forsworn Briarheart, and a set of bows and arrows! Looks like thsi guy wants to go invading Dragon Bridge single-handedly! 
    i've never seent hat before!

Yep, either I used it or someone else did for Paw's Guess My Shack discussion. It's quite a nice view.

• 1595 posts
    August 1, 2017 5:20 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Yep, either I used it or someone else did for Paw's Guess My Shack discussion. It's quite a nice view.

I went traipsing all over the darned Reach for that shack. Meli found it, I explored it after too. It is a nice view. It's funny, that game highlighted stuff that we never pay attention to. Like scattered standing stones, or the face of a statue almost buried. When we slow down a touch, the game's hidden gems really start to get noticed.

This post was edited by Paws at August 1, 2017 5:21 AM EDT
    • 278 posts
    August 1, 2017 5:25 AM EDT

Fultheim, man. I unknowinglu walked into my favourite pub in Skyrim (Fuck yeah, Nightgate Inn!) wearing full Thalmor Apparel, and fultheim, this drunk dude, attacks me? With a BLADES Sword...? So, I'm curious. I reload the save - minus my thalmor armor - and go check him out. apparently, he's drinking away a lifetime of bad memories ... ? And he always equips that blades sword? Well, that's odd.

IS FULTHEIM A BLADE? 

• 278 posts
    August 1, 2017 5:26 AM EDT

either way, good on him for attacking a supposed Thalmor! MAKE SKYRIM GREAT AGAIN!

good ol' stormcloaks!

• 404 posts
    August 1, 2017 12:16 PM EDT

that guy is a Seceret blade according to fandom.

• 275 posts
    August 1, 2017 1:46 PM EDT

Wulf said:

Fultheim, man. I unknowinglu walked into my favourite pub in Skyrim (Fuck yeah, Nightgate Inn!) wearing full Thalmor Apparel, and fultheim, this drunk dude, attacks me? With a BLADES Sword...? So, I'm curious. I reload the save - minus my thalmor armor - and go check him out. apparently, he's drinking away a lifetime of bad memories ... ? And he always equips that blades sword? Well, that's odd.

IS FULTHEIM A BLADE? 

Interesting. I've never encountered this even on my many Nemesis playthroughs. I'll have to check that out next time I go to Nightgate Inn.

• 248 posts
    August 3, 2017 3:57 PM EDT

After getting Skyrim SE a while back, I was playtesting my Sister-Hawk build and wandered into part of a creek valley I hadn't recalled ever seeing in previous 1000s of hours. Hmmm...ok a crushed shack with a poor fellow named Lorenz and an abandoned prison full of ghosts (their interesting story) and a secret exit further down the river.

Stuff like that blows my mind. You can keep wandering for years and still miss little gems like that.