Forums » Elder Scrolls

Screw You Captain Valmir.

• 278 posts
    July 28, 2017 5:52 PM EDT

Okay, I'd really love some help with this one - it's absolutely pissing the shit out of me. So, I've traversed the Riften Mountain to Forelhost, and upon arriving, I'm greeted by an Imperial? That's not right... so then, I go closer - it's Valmir! But I'm on the side of the Stormcloaks? What's he doing wearing imperial gear? Then, when I get closer, he won't even TALK TO ME????? So I pickpocket Forelhost key... and nothing. I really want that Stormcloak Officer Armor that he wears, and I know there's other ways to get it, but I want as many sets as I can get (One from FORT SNOWHAWK, One from BEAUTIFUL BARBARIAN, One from VALDIR) But he's not wearing it, and what's more, he won't even tell me to start the quest....??

I'm on XBOX360 Legendary Edition by the way, if that helps. 

• 1595 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:05 PM EDT

So valmir should be wearing Legion gear, though, right? His first appearence should be of the same faction as you in order to give you "orders." So that bit looks ok.

But by pickpocketing the key I think you've now bugged the quest, and on 360 there's no way of un-bugging afaik :( How far back was your last save?

I'm looking at the bugs on UESP Siege on the Dragon Cult if that helps identify the issue.

• 278 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:19 PM EDT

Well, I'm on Stormies (#MAKESKYRIMGREATAGAIN!) and he's wearing Legion gear? ....That's not right. he's meant to switch armor AFTER you complete the quest. I'll try reloading a save tho.

• 1595 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:23 PM EDT

Wulf said:

Well, I'm on Stormies (#MAKESKYRIMGREATAGAIN!) and he's wearing Legion gear? ....That's not right. he's meant to switch armor AFTER you complete the quest. I'll try reloading a save tho.

Ah, I get ya. The idiot failed to recognise your faction and so that could be why he didn't initiate dialogue. Reloading seems wise unless someone can think of another solution...?

• 278 posts
    July 28, 2017 8:25 PM EDT

will do :)