Forums » Elder Scrolls

Nicest Person in Skyrim?

• 87 posts
    July 22, 2017 9:48 PM EDT
    Hey all,

This discussion was inspired from a topic a while back that discusses your favorite character in the elder scrolls universe(mine was Neloth). Rather than describe your favorite character, who do you think is the all round nicest guy you've met in Skyrim( or Tamriel for that matter)? Someone who you would actually enjoy spending time with and who you don't know any dirty secrets about(reference to Balgruuf? Mine personally is Alvor. What a guy. Anyway, let me know what you think.
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at July 22, 2017 9:50 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    July 22, 2017 9:57 PM EDT
    Probably that Dunmeri priestess of Mara, Dinya Balu, for me. She has the ears of a goddess but isn't stuck up, offers genuine aid to the needy, but isn't zealous like her husband. She understands people and their needs like.
    • 87 posts
    July 22, 2017 10:09 PM EDT
    Paws said:
    Probably that Dunmeri priestess of Mara, Dinya Balu, for me. She has the ears of a goddess but isn't stuck up, offers genuine aid to the needy, but isn't zealous like her husband. She understands people and their needs like.

I'm not familiar with that character. I'll be sure to pay her a visit.
    • 585 posts
    July 23, 2017 6:15 AM EDT

Maybe its just because I love the guy, but Kharjo has gotta be pretty high up there for nicest person. He's the only quest giver who actually cares about your safety, and he seems pretty chill in general - not overly bloodthirsty or murderous even when he's crushing skulls. All the Khajiit Caravaneers are awesome though, although that might be because they're 'sedated' a lot of the time.

• 87 posts
    July 23, 2017 8:42 AM EDT
    Zonnonn said:

Maybe its just because I love the guy, but Kharjo has gotta be pretty high up there for nicest person. He's the only quest giver who actually cares about your safety, and he seems pretty chill in general - not overly bloodthirsty or murderous even when he's crushing skulls. All the Khajiit Caravaneers are awesome though, although that might be because they're 'sedated' a lot of the time.

Yeah Kharjo is definitely one of the nicest people you meet and he's my go to for a follower. I love how before giving you a dangerous quest he actually tells you that it's not worth risking your neck, where as other people don't care they just make you do all their dirty work. For some reason I've always imagined him as a sort of philosopher. I guess it's that Khajiit voice.
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at July 23, 2017 8:42 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    July 23, 2017 3:15 PM EDT

Decumus Scotti said:

Yeah Kharjo is definitely one of the nicest people you meet and he's my go to for a follower. I love how before giving you a dangerous quest he actually tells you that it's not worth risking your neck, where as other people don't care they just make you do all their dirty work. For some reason I've always imagined him as a sort of philosopher. I guess it's that Khajiit voice.

He might not be a philosopher, but I definitely imagine him doing the classic 'duuuude... my hand is crazy' thing :P He also seems like one of the most open characters. He doesn't big himself up or pretend to be an incredible fighter, he lets his skills speak for themself.

• 1595 posts
    July 25, 2017 11:09 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Decumus Scotti said:

He might not be a philosopher, but I definitely imagine him doing the classic 'duuuude... my hand is crazy' thing :P He also seems like one of the most open characters. He doesn't big himself up or pretend to be an incredible fighter, he lets his skills speak for themself.

Kharjo is a good call, and I'm struggling to think of others who are nice yet not bland af. Maybe Frida, the alchemist from Dawnstar qualifies. She's got a fair amount of dialogue and is quite sweet to the player.

This post was edited by Paws at July 25, 2017 11:10 PM EDT
    • 1 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:47 PM EDT
    Either Derkeethus or Jon Battle-Born. Derkeethus is really humble, and Jon treats you like a friend the moment you get into Whiterun.