Forums » General Gaming

Total War: WARHAMMER

    • 147 posts
    July 20, 2017 11:12 AM EDT

     

    Recently, I got my hands on a copy of Total War: WARHAMMER. I played for some time to get familiar with the gameplay, which are similar to older TW games that I played. What I can say from those few hours is that the game is awesome. It has a lot of lore from the Warhammer universe and mixes great with the style of TW. It looks great and it has a pretty good story campaign.

    I wanted to know what you think of TW: WARHAMMER. Reply down in the comments.

    • 425 posts
    July 20, 2017 11:21 AM EDT

    I haven't played it but I've watched a playthrough of it, and I have to say it looks pretty good. I grew up on Rome and Medieval 2, but haven't played any in the franchise since. It definitely seems different, but a Total War game in a fantasy setting is going to be awesome regardless, and the Vampire Counts look like a tonne of fun.

    • 133 posts
    July 20, 2017 3:17 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    I haven't played it but I've watched a playthrough of it, and I have to say it looks pretty good. I grew up on Rome and Medieval 2, but haven't played any in the franchise since. It definitely seems different, but a Total War game in a fantasy setting is going to be awesome regardless, and the Vampire Counts look like a tonne of fun.

    Same Zon, I grew up on Rome. I wasn't so sure at release, but I heard they made a lot of improvements to the game in general to make it really really good. 

    • 147 posts
    July 20, 2017 4:05 PM EDT

    It's not really good, it's amazing! When you witness a flying cavalry charge on Pegasus horses decimate your foes, you go wild. I'll record a battle and post it here. 

    • 425 posts
    July 20, 2017 4:57 PM EDT

    ProbsCoolerThanYou said:

    Same Zon, I grew up on Rome. I wasn't so sure at release, but I heard they made a lot of improvements to the game in general to make it really really good. 

    I think part it is because it looks so different. Building tabs are all fancy and integrated and even the movement is all smooth instead of the boxy stuff I'm used to. But if its mainly an aesthetic difference I'm cool with it, although the different stances for armies still confuses me.

     

    DeltaFox said:

    It's not really good, it's amazing! When you witness a flying cavalry charge on Pegasus horses decimate your foes, you go wild. I'll record a battle and post it here. 

    That sounds amazing. I've played the LOTR mod for Medieval 2 and I thought the monsters in that were crazy, but FLYING STUFF. I wouldn't even know how it works but I know I want it.

    • 133 posts
    July 20, 2017 5:24 PM EDT

    DeltaFox said:

    It's not really good, it's amazing! When you witness a flying cavalry charge on Pegasus horses decimate your foes, you go wild. I'll record a battle and post it here. 

    That does sound amazing! I haven't played a Total War game since Rome 2, but I'm tempted to buy this one now. 

    • 1190 posts
    July 20, 2017 5:28 PM EDT

    Can't wait for Total War: Warhammer 2

    • 425 posts
    July 20, 2017 5:54 PM EDT

    Chris said:

    Can't wait for Total War: Warhammer 2

    I think I've seen some gamplay for that actually, do you know how its different to 1? The graphics and combat look pretty similar with just a few tweaks, is it mainly about factions and setting and stuff?

    • 554 posts
    July 24, 2017 1:06 PM EDT
    This is my most played game that came out in the last four years or more, and the only new one that still leaves me craving for more. It not only brought me more of the epic Total War gameplay, it improved on it and introduced me to an excellent fantasy world.
    Also, Total War: Warhammer II is coming out later this year, and it's looking even better. Check out the official Total War channel on youtube for some awesome trailers, especially the Dark Elves one, featuring Malekith the Witch King of Naggaroth and... His mother, Morathi.
    • 554 posts
    July 24, 2017 1:09 PM EDT
    @Zonnon it's mainly new races, new factions, a new campaign, some new mechanics but, most importantly, the first FLC they will launch about a month after the release of Total Warhammer II is a Grand Campaign featuring the Old World (game 1) and the New World and the Southlands (game 2), all in one big map with all factions from both games.
    • 425 posts
    July 24, 2017 1:59 PM EDT

    Mr. Edd said: @Zonnon it's mainly new races, new factions, a new campaign, some new mechanics but, most importantly, the first FLC they will launch about a month after the release of Total Warhammer II is a Grand Campaign featuring the Old World (game 1) and the New World and the Southlands (game 2), all in one big map with all factions from both games.

    So its like an enormous DLC? Thats pretty cool, I don't know anything about Warhammer but I imagine playing as a fantasy race would be awesome. And the Grand Campaign will feature stuff from 1 as well?! Bloody hell, that must be the biggest map in the TW franchise.

    • 554 posts
    July 24, 2017 6:30 PM EDT
    Yes, they called it an expansion at first, but due to the sucess of the first one (the most succesful Total War to date) they have expanded their plans for the trilogy, by making new mechanics, new minor factions that didn't have army books by GW (like Norsca) more units with complicated animations (apparently there are some animations that take an entire year to complete!)
    And yes, there will be a third game and it'll add up to the two other games. It will be even bigger. Imagine that... It will be glorious.