Forums » The Lounge

Your Top 10 Favorite Bands

    • 32 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:14 PM EDT

    While on Youtube earlier today, I was binge watching a bunch of Top Ten videos, and I know they are terrible, but they are a guilty pleasure of mine. I strumbled across a lot of Top 10 Best Metal Bands, Top Ten Best Saxophone Songs, and more. So while reading through the current Fallout event build I began to think about how diverse the songs, and I got the idea of making this thread. So without further ado here is my list:

    1. Motorhead
    2. KISS
    3. Iron Maiden
    4. Black Sabbath
    5. Led Zeppelin
    6. Judas Priest
    7. Blue Oyster Cult
    8. Deep Purple
    9. Daft Punk
    10. The Clash
    • 191 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:30 PM EDT
    I don't have a favorite band but I do have a list of top songs depending on my mood:

    1. The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
    2. Jennifer Jason Leigh - Jim Jones at Botany Bay
    3. Johnny Cash - Satisfied Mind / God's gonna' cut you down / Ain't no grave
    4. Blues Saraceno - Carry me Home
    5. Ashley Johnson - Through the Valley
    6. Kaleo - Way Down We Go
    7. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devil's Tattoo
    This post was edited by Noodles at July 19, 2017 10:33 PM EDT
    • 32 posts
    July 20, 2017 9:57 AM EDT

    There is not a bad song on that list especially Blues Saraceno and Black Rebel Motorcycle CLub.

    • 430 posts
    July 20, 2017 10:26 AM EDT

    I don't think I even have a favourite genre of music, let alone 10 bands that I can identify. I'll listen to pretty much everything as long as it doesn't have screaming in it, and probably not classical or opera.

    • Moderator
    • 630 posts
    July 20, 2017 2:39 PM EDT

    1. Led Zeppelin

    2. Black Sabbath

    3. Hozier

    4. ACDC

    5. Def Leppard

    6. Lynyrd Skynyrd

    7. Guns n Roses

    8. Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band

    9. Queen

    10. Bad Company

    This was far too difficult


    This post was edited by Rogue at July 20, 2017 2:40 PM EDT
    • 430 posts
    July 20, 2017 4:59 PM EDT

    Everyone's listing their rock bands and stuff while I quietly listen to DJ Khaled and Little Mix XD

    • 32 posts
    July 20, 2017 6:13 PM EDT

    @Rogue there is not an awful band on that list, and I know it is hard because it was for me.

    @Zonnon I hate classical music with a passion, mainly because since I was seven I took piano lessons. Hey, I like Hip-Hop, just not the kind most would enjoy. :)

    • 430 posts
    July 21, 2017 3:24 AM EDT

    The Last Blade said:

    @Zonnon I hate classical music with a passion, mainly because since I was seven I took piano lessons. Hey, I like Hip-Hop, just not the kind most would enjoy. :)

    What types? I've been really getting back into Run the Jewels recently, and of course as I'm British I have to listen to Stormzy, are they what you're talking about? I'm trying to think of obscure rap stuff but I guess its obscure for a reason!

    • 32 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:14 AM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    The Last Blade said:

    @Zonnon I hate classical music with a passion, mainly because since I was seven I took piano lessons. Hey, I like Hip-Hop, just not the kind most would enjoy. :)

    What types? I've been really getting back into Run the Jewels recently, and of course as I'm British I have to listen to Stormzy, are they what you're talking about? I'm trying to think of obscure rap stuff but I guess its obscure for a reason!

    I listen to Ill Bill, Necro, La Coka Nostra, AOTP, Vinnie Paz, Immortal Technique, Apathy, Celph Titled, and some more like them. I also have a guilty pleasure of listening to CL, Kieth Ape, and other J-Hop and K-Hop as well.

    • 39 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:18 AM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Everyone's listing their rock bands and stuff while I quietly listen to DJ Khaled and Little Mix XD

    OH MY GOD ZONNONN

    FINALLY SOMEBODY THAT APPRECIATES MY TASTE IN MUSIC

    *I type this as I listen to No More Sad Songs*

    • 39 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:21 AM EDT

    Mine would be:

    1) Little Mix

    2) Fifth Harmony

    3) The Vamps

    4) One Direction xD

    5) Linkon Park

    6) Rolling Stones

     

    And yeah they are the only bands I have ever listened to really.

    And yes I am a 22 year old guy, don't judge me on the first 4 they are the only pop bands I really know xD

    Yeah I'm a Pop/House/Classical music kind of guy.

    • 206 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:21 AM EDT
    I don't think I even have enough bands to make it a Top 10. I listen to any type of music as long as it isn't screamo (I'll make an exception on Treyarch's music) or K-pop (I can never understand that genre). I also enjoy to listening to classical somewhat. My main bands I rock out to are Coldplay, Linkin Park, Rudimental, and some indie bands.
    • 39 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:22 AM EDT

    KaiserSoSay said: I don't think I even have enough bands to make it a Top 10. I listen to any type of music as long as it isn't screamo (I'll make an exception on Treyarch's music) or K-pop (I can never understand that genre). I also enjoy to listening to classical somewhat. My main bands I rock out to are Coldplay, Linkin Park, Rudimental, and some indie bands.

    What classical composers do you like?

    • 206 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:27 AM EDT
    I guess it would be Beethoven with Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise being frequent on my playlist.
    • 39 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:29 AM EDT

    KaiserSoSay said: I guess it would be Beethoven with Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise being frequent on my playlist.

    I can play all of the Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise - all of the movements of the former as well :D
    Also I can play Fantasie Impromptu, you might know it.

    I love piano playing. I think I may be slightly obsessed

    • 32 posts
    July 21, 2017 11:47 AM EDT

    @Blacklight, I really can't judge people for what kind of music they like because someone else can do it to me, but I will give you credit for being a guy and liking Pop.

    @Kaiser I can't stand Screamo either, but there a few I do kind of like. I use to like Classical, but not anymore.

    • 430 posts
    July 21, 2017 11:59 AM EDT

    The Last Blade said:

    I listen to Ill Bill, Necro, La Coka Nostra, AOTP, Vinnie Paz, Immortal Technique, Apathy, Celph Titled, and some more like them. I also have a guilty pleasure of listening to CL, Kieth Ape, and other J-Hop and K-Hop as well.

    You know about Vinnie Paz?! Whoa, I thought he was as obscure as it gets but I guess not. Honestly I stopped listening to them a few years ago, but Vinnie especially I can appreciate purely for the beat and music, it sounds badass.

     

    Blacklight said:

    OH MY GOD ZONNONN

    FINALLY SOMEBODY THAT APPRECIATES MY TASTE IN MUSIC

    *I type this as I listen to No More Sad Songs*

    Awesome! I never get why people hate on people for liking stuff, you can't control it and if its harmless why bother? Plus Little Mix is insanely catchy. Have you heard Power? Its one of theres but Stormzy is in it as well ,who I definitely recommend people check out if they like rap. He's a grime artist from London who's done as much good with his newfound fame as someone can, proper decent lad.

    • 32 posts
    July 21, 2017 2:22 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    The Last Blade said:

    I listen to Ill Bill, Necro, La Coka Nostra, AOTP, Vinnie Paz, Immortal Technique, Apathy, Celph Titled, and some more like them. I also have a guilty pleasure of listening to CL, Kieth Ape, and other J-Hop and K-Hop as well.

    You know about Vinnie Paz?! Whoa, I thought he was as obscure as it gets but I guess not. Honestly I stopped listening to them a few years ago, but Vinnie especially I can appreciate purely for the beat and music, it sounds badass.

    Wow, someone else knows about Vinnie. Yes, I do but only because he is one of Davey's favorite rappers. That is also how I know a lot of Backpack/Underground Rappers as well, too.

    • 39 posts
    July 21, 2017 4:13 PM EDT
    Pop and Hip Hop and Classical and EDM are my makn genres
    • 430 posts
    July 21, 2017 4:38 PM EDT

    The Last Blade said:

    Wow, someone else knows about Vinnie. Yes, I do but only because he is one of Davey's favorite rappers. That is also how I know a lot of Backpack/Underground Rappers as well, too.

    Sounds like you know more than me then, Vinnie and Necro were as far as I went in that direction, and I think I remember something about Pharoahs or Mummys as well? I've got cursory knowledge of quite a few things but thats basically me knowing some names and one song. Know any grime?

    • 39 posts
    July 21, 2017 4:59 PM EDT
    Zonnonn said:

    The Last Blade said:

    Wow, someone else knows about Vinnie. Yes, I do but only because he is one of Davey's favorite rappers. That is also how I know a lot of Backpack/Underground Rappers as well, too.

    Sounds like you know more than me then, Vinnie and Necro were as far as I went in that direction, and I think I remember something about Pharoahs or Mummys as well? I've got cursory knowledge of quite a few things but thats basically me knowing some names and one song. Know any grime?

    little t m8
    • 32 posts
    July 21, 2017 7:24 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    The Last Blade said:

    Wow, someone else knows about Vinnie. Yes, I do but only because he is one of Davey's favorite rappers. That is also how I know a lot of Backpack/Underground Rappers as well, too.

    Sounds like you know more than me then, Vinnie and Necro were as far as I went in that direction, and I think I remember something about Pharoahs or Mummys as well? I've got cursory knowledge of quite a few things but thats basically me knowing some names and one song. Know any grime?

    Yeah, I can go farther and are you thinking of Army of the Pharaohs? It had Paz, Self Titled, Apathy, and some more. I know of Grime, but I don't know Grime.

    • 49 posts
    July 21, 2017 8:05 PM EDT

    Can't pick 10, and in alphabetical order:

    Black Country Communion
    Danzig
    Echolyn
    Ihsahn
    Katatonia
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Opeth
    Ours
    Pink Floyd / David Gilmour solo
    Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson solo
    Revocation
    Riverside
    Tori Amos
    Type O Negative
    Woccon
    Woods Of Ypres

    So, mostly prog and metal.

    • 553 posts
    July 21, 2017 9:53 PM EDT

    In no particular order:

    Lamb of God
    Black Crown Initiate
    Modest Mouse
    Chimaira
    Trivium
    Stoned Jesus
    Black Keys
    Tech N9ne
    ¡Mayday!
    Concertina 

    And a bonus for all your precious ears:


    • 430 posts
    July 22, 2017 4:45 AM EDT

    The Last Blade said:

    Yeah, I can go farther and are you thinking of Army of the Pharaohs? It had Paz, Self Titled, Apathy, and some more. I know of Grime, but I don't know Grime.

    Thats it yeah, I've been trying to remember that for ages. To be fair only British teenagers really know the ins and outs of Grime right now, its only really been put on the map recently with Stormzy's new album but its growing really fast.