Forums » General Gaming

Kingdom Come Deliverance

• 87 posts
    July 9, 2017 11:50 AM EDT
    Hey all,

I came across Kingdom Come Deliverance a few months ago, which is set to release in February of 2018. I have since watched ESO's play through of it and bought the beta myself. Have any of you played it, if so what do you think of it? Do you think that calling it a realistic Skyrim, as some have done, is a just comparison? Let me know what you think.
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at July 9, 2017 11:51 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    July 10, 2017 3:49 AM EDT

It seems closer to something like Mount and Blade to me (that said, I've only read about Kingdom Come and barely played M&B) but I wouldn't really compare it to Skyrim. The only real similarity seems to be the fact that its' an Open World RPG, maybe there's some stuff that I haven't seen but we've got a hyper-realistic, 'historical' (or an attempt at a historical game, really don't know enough about that period to say anything) game versus a high fantasy game that, well has giant floating eyballs with tentacles as a sorta enemy thingy at one point...

I don't know, it definitely seems interesting but for me the combat would decide it, a lot of the games that try and have realistic combat just bore me, mostly because they feel fairly clunky but if this is as good as people seem to think it will be then I'd probably buy it. Just don't see the connection to Skyrim (yet, but I'm going to keep looking at it now that I know it exists). 

• 641 posts
    July 11, 2017 5:56 AM EDT

Calling it a "Real World Skyrim" is just a marketing gimmick. It's just a medieval simulator. 

• 585 posts
    July 11, 2017 7:17 AM EDT

I've seen bits and bobs of this, and I have to say it looks promising. Mount and Blade: Warband is fantastic in my opinion, and my favourite things about it are the setting and combat, so if this game does it as good as MBW, and gives us some awesome graphics and juicy quests, it'll be amazing, like the Witcher without spells (which doesn't sound good, but you get the point).