Forums » Introduce Yourself

A Short Introduction

• July 4, 2017 12:05 AM EDT

Hello to all.

I just recently signed up here, after thinking about it for a month, and I hope I have a good time on here. I haven't really posted anything yet, but I have a series of builds that will soon be coming out based on a central theme. Below you will find a quick about me, and hopefully, I can meet some great people while on here. :)

About Me:

• I go by Gwen
    • I am half French and half Japanese
    • I am the girlfriend to David or as he is better known as that guy who has had too many names
    • I learned about this site from him because he would talk about it
    • I use to write fan-fiction about various shows and games including Pokemon, Naruto, Mass Effect, and more
    • I was never into TES until about a couple months ago when I played Skyrim SE on David's Xbox One
    • I use to play D&D a lot, and that is where my love for fantasy began
    • I tend to play as a Paladin or a Healer

That is pretty much my introduction, I was recommended to do this first before posting anything, and yeah if you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy. :)

• 34 posts
    July 4, 2017 1:36 AM EDT

Welcome!

I like that we can all just admit that yes, we write fan-fiction. If I actually admitted that it'd be social suicide.

• 1595 posts
    July 4, 2017 3:49 AM EDT

Pleased to meet you Gwen, thank you for saying hi! It's nice to hear that Davey has been talking about us here, too. All good things, I trust?:D It sounds as though you'll feel right at home and your first posts are already fantastic. Welcome, Skyrim needs more healers.

• July 4, 2017 8:52 AM EDT

soly said:

Welcome!

I like that we can all just admit that yes, we write fan-fiction. If I actually admitted that it'd be social suicide.

Thank you.

Why would it be social suicide? There is nothing wrong with writing about your favorite show or what have you, but I will say some fan-fictions ae really great, though there are some that well...shouldn't really exist.

Paws said:

Pleased to meet you Gwen, thank you for saying hi! It's nice to hear that Davey has been talking about us here, too. All good things, I trust?:D It sounds as though you'll feel right at home and your first posts are already fantastic. Welcome, Skyrim needs more healers.

I am pleased to meet you as while and you are welcome. Oh yes, it has all been good so no worries about that. :D Yeah, I do feel at home, but that just because I am already familiar with this place thanks to Davey. Yes, I agree Skyrim needs more Healers, even if Restoration isn't a legit magic school...well according to those at the College of Winterhold.

• 585 posts
    July 4, 2017 9:08 AM EDT

Hey, you're my co-hosts girlfriend! I feel like that makes us related somehow...

Anyway, welcome to the site Last! Like Phil said, you seem right at home here, and with all your experience writing and doing general fantasy stuff I'm expecting big things from you!

• 284 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:01 AM EDT

Nice to meet you Gwen! :) Like Soly said, we all like to write fan-fiction, myself included. You can visit the Story Corner if you wish to publish some of your stories, I'd love to read them. And Restoration is a totaly legit school of magic. :D

• 34 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:19 AM EDT

The Last Blade said:

Why would it be social suicide? There is nothing wrong with writing about your favorite show or what have you, but I will say some fan-fictions ae really great, though there are some that well...shouldn't really exist.

I study at a business school where the students are very... enthusiastic. Gaming isn't really the done thing, here.

• July 4, 2017 3:11 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Hey, you're my co-hosts girlfriend! I feel like that makes us related somehow...

Anyway, welcome to the site Last! Like Phil said, you seem right at home here, and with all your experience writing and doing general fantasy stuff I'm expecting big things from you!

It would make us friends since we have a mutral one. :)

Thank you, and I do feel like home due to knowing of this site before I signed up. I will be putting my writing experience to use soon enough.

D3LTAFOX said:

Nice to meet you Gwen! :) Like Soly said, we all like to write fan-fiction, myself included. You can visit the Story Corner if you wish to publish some of your stories, I'd love to read them. And Restoration is a totaly legit school of magic. :D

And it is nice to meet you as well. I will be checking the Story Corner and I may publish a story I am currently working on, to see what others think about them. I am glad someone else thinks so. :D

soly said:

The Last Blade said:

I study at a business school where the students are very... enthusiastic. Gaming isn't really the done thing, here.

I see and I feel you. I can relate because I had to hide it when I was in school, but I don't care anymore, now.

• 694 posts
    July 6, 2017 1:31 PM EDT

Wonderful to meet you, Gwen. :) David had mentioned you before, but I'm so glad that he told you about us and that you decided to join the community! It's great to see you diving right in, and I'm glad you're already feeling at home in TSC. I'm sure you have David to show you around, but if you ever have a question or need anything at all, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm shooting you a request now.

Welcome again! :D

• July 6, 2017 2:17 PM EDT

Edana said:

Wonderful to meet you, Gwen. :) David had mentioned you before, but I'm so glad that he told you about us and that you decided to join the community! It's great to see you diving right in, and I'm glad you're already feeling at home in TSC. I'm sure you have David to show you around, but if you ever have a question or need anything at all, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm shooting you a request now.

Welcome again! :D

Thank you, and it is wonderful to meet you as well since you did convince David to stay. :) Well I am glad he mentioned me before I joined, and I am glad to have finally joined because at first, I was going to stalk, but David kept talking about this site and the passion he has for this site made me change my mind. That is is the best way to do something isn't, just dive right in and test everything out, and I will more than likely be at home in TSC just as David is to Roleplay. No worries David has told me a lot, but he still insisted that I get help from others like you, Paws, and others.

Thank you again. :)

• 2 posts
    September 8, 2017 1:58 AM EDT

Peace be upon you all!

I just joined this site, I found it on the web.

About me:

• My full name is Syed Zain-ul-Abideen Abdus Sami Yousufi [That is: Master. The shine of worshippers, Servant of the All-Hearing, Yousufi (family name).] You can call me Zain.
    •  I am Half-Indian and Half-Pakistani. [By Indian I mean, from India. Not Red-Indian]
    • I love Skyrim, I have played Skyrim for five years! Without any mods and DLC!
    • I am also a writer, a reader, a researcher, a lore-worm, a book-worm and a human! I have written many stories, and now am writing my novels! 
    • Peace be upon everyone who wants peace! ✌
    • This is my cat, Nugget: 
    • 1595 posts
    September 8, 2017 3:52 AM EDT

HI Zain :) Nugget's a wise looking cat, bonus points for the pet picture! You're allowed to start your own thread to introduce yourself, you know ;) Pleased to meet you! I wish my name had a meaning as cool as yours. I'm just "Lover of Horses" :|

What is "Pahwahliik" btw? 

• 2 posts
    September 8, 2017 5:19 AM EDT

Paws said:

HI Zain :) Nugget's a wise looking cat, bonus points for the pet picture! You're allowed to start your own thread to introduce yourself, you know ;) Pleased to meet you! I wish my name had a meaning as cool as yours. I'm just "Lover of Horses" :|

What is "Pahwahliik" btw? 

Thank you :). BTW, I used this website for Dovahzul words: https://www.thuum.org/translate-legacy.php.

Thanks again! BTW: Lover of Horses is a very nice name too! I love horses, so I love those who love horses, therefore, I love you! 

• 1595 posts
    September 8, 2017 4:42 PM EDT
    Thanks Zain :) Have fun around the site, share your adventures.