Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

• 1595 posts
    July 7, 2017 9:22 PM EDT

"Departed with hesitation, the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil. And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home."

Alrighty then Roguey, here goesy:

Dagon. He departed Tamriel with hesitation becauase that tusker didn't wanna go. The solution to turmoil is to change it. Dagon is change, but change brings more turmoil. Great strife follows wherever Mehrunes treads upon his plane of Tamriel which is no longer his- TAMRIEL AE DAEDROTH.

• 224 posts
    July 7, 2017 11:38 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

So the answer was the first Stormcloak or Ulfric Stromcloak? Also, what are the rules on guessing since you never defined them?

*Puts on Mythic Dawn robes and begins to read from the Mysterium Xarxes*

I don't know if this would be considered cheating, but the riddle in simple terms reads as follows:

"Dead with the action of pausing before doing so, the answer to the state of confusion is that it includes more states of confusion. And with the answer will come to a great conflict to a home that is no longer home."

Ulfric Stormcloak was the answer. Go back to the initial rules on the first page and you'll see that I very clearly did define them :p

Then Delta got it right then because the rules say "I will post a riddle, and if you get it correct, I will change my profile picture to whatever you would like until the next riddle is solved, as long as it does not violate any of the site rules. However, if you get it wrong, then I will select a profile picture for you to have for a week." it doesn't say you only get one shot at it or anything of the sort, so Delta got it right.

I also said on the same very page as a separate comment on how the answers are limited to one a day. I gave everyone a second chance the day Delta responded and Ulfric was his third answer, which was one too many. Therefore, Delta's answer wasn't counted. I know how my rules work. 

k

• 585 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:19 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Remember, I'm a simple man. Nothing fancy as far as answers go. Good guess, though!

Here you go, buddy

Image result for stormcloaks

This brainwashing process is getting less subtle with every picture :P

• 1595 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:38 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

It's messed up. I swear by next weekend he'll us singing Ulfric's praises down by yer in Welsh, boyo.

I hope Foxy, Wulfy, Davey or, ha, Teney can end this cycle before it starts becoming so subtle that we no longer notice. Then we'd be in trouble.

• 284 posts
    July 8, 2017 3:39 AM EDT

Got it right! :D And still lost the round. :(

• 224 posts
    July 8, 2017 6:44 AM EDT

Paws said:

Zonnonn said:

It's messed up. I swear by next weekend he'll us singing Ulfric's praises down by yer in Welsh, boyo.

I hope Foxy, Wulfy, Davey or, ha, Teney can end this cycle before it starts becoming so subtle that we no longer notice. Then we'd be in trouble.

I am not even going to try and guess...so best of luck

• 224 posts
    July 8, 2017 6:48 AM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

If you would have waited for another day, instead of posting three times, you would have won it, but go on the first page it says you can post once a day. Though it should have been added to the intial post instead of a random post on the first page.

• 1595 posts
    July 8, 2017 12:36 PM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

Aww, I know. But at least you lost on a technicality only and can say with pride that you of everyone had the right of it. Unlike Ulfric, who has it all wrong :D

The Nameless King said:

Oh no! How are you to get your revenge? I need satisfaction for having to wear this dragon for so long :D

• 224 posts
    July 8, 2017 5:16 PM EDT

Paws said:

D3LTAFOX said:

Aww, I know. But at least you lost on a technicality only and can say with pride that you of everyone had the right of it. Unlike Ulfric, who has it all wrong :D

The Nameless King said:

Oh no! How are you to get your revenge? I need satisfaction for having to wear this dragon for so long :D

How to get my revenge? Easy by not playing I don't have to worry my pic being changed. Plus, this riddle can be numerous of things because it basically translates to "Dead with the action of pausing before doing so, the answer to the state of confusion is that it includes more states of confusion. And with the answer will come to a great conflict to a home that is no longer home."

This could be the Civil War in Skyrim because "Departed with hesitation" could be that the Legion and Stormcloaks are at a stand still and are hesitating to really attack, "the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil" could be that the because Stormcloak rebellion it has put the Empire in more of a state of confusion than before, "And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home" this sounds familiar to what Ulfric says in his great speech about why he fights this war I quote"I fight for we few who did come home, only to find a country full of strangers wearing familiar faces!", but I honestly doubt it is

• 1595 posts
    July 8, 2017 5:55 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

This could be the Civil War in Skyrim because "Departed with hesitation" could be that the Legion and Stormcloaks are at a stand still and are hesitating to really attack, "the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil" could be that the because Stormcloak rebellion it has put the Empire in more of a state of confusion than before, "And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home" this sounds familiar to what Ulfric says in his great speech about why he fights this war I quote"I fight for we few who did come home, only to find a country full of strangers wearing familiar faces!", but I honestly doubt it is

That's a soild thought, and way more likely than my Dagon. Although I'd be slightly pissed if it were another Ulfric-related thing. We've had Thalmor, Ulfric, and so likely Civil War will be next :D

• 743 posts
    July 8, 2017 7:53 PM EDT

Paws said:

"Departed with hesitation, the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil. And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home."

Dagon. He departed Tamriel with hesitation becauase that tusker didn't wanna go. The solution to turmoil is to change it. Dagon is change, but change brings more turmoil. Great strife follows wherever Mehrunes treads upon his plane of Tamriel which is no longer his- TAMRIEL AE DAEDROTH.

I like this answer a lot. But unfortunately not what I;m looking for.

I imagine you'll like the new look!

Image result for stormcloak

• 743 posts
    July 8, 2017 7:54 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Remember, I'm a simple man. Nothing fancy as far as answers go. Good guess, though!

Here you go, buddy

Image result for stormcloaks

I have no idea what you're referring to :p

• 743 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:01 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

D3LTAFOX said:

If you would have waited for another day, instead of posting three times, you would have won it, but go on the first page it says you can post once a day. Though it should have been added to the intial post instead of a random post on the first page.

Nameless, fellow host, please don't tell me this was supposed to be a subtle jab at the way I've presented the rules on this thread. After all, we're all friends here, right? Surely, if you did have such an issue with the format of my rules, you would have told me mano to mano? I do appreciate criticism when it is given to me directly. But, I understand the passive aggressiveness with the frustration that you've had with these riddles. Don't worry, I'll make the next one easier just for you. 

Also, I've edited the initial post to include the rest of the rules.

Please let me know if you have any other grievances,

-Rogue

• 1595 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:13 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Paws said:

Sonovahbitch.

• 743 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:15 PM EDT

Paws said:

RogueSilver said:

Paws said:

Sonovahbitch.

;)

• 224 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:40 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

D3LTAFOX said:

If you would have waited for another day, instead of posting three times, you would have won it, but go on the first page it says you can post once a day. Though it should have been added to the initial post instead of a random post on the first page.

Nameless, fellow host, please don't tell me this was supposed to be a subtle jab at the way I've presented the rules on this thread. After all, we're all friends here, right? Surely, if you did have such an issue with the format of my rules, you would have told me mano to mano? I do appreciate criticism when it is given to me directly. But, I understand the passive aggressiveness with the frustration that you've had with these riddles. Don't worry, I'll make the next one easier just for you. 

-Rogue

I mean it wasn't a jab, I was simply telling Delta it is on the first page, but not on the initial post. I did think it should have been added onto the initial post instead of some random post. I would say we are all friends, but even friends can have arguments, can they not? If I did have an issue then you would know it because I would have messaged you about it. I am not getting frustrated over these riddles, but the wording is somewhat off-putting. Also, is this your passive aggressive attempt at calling me dumb, or your attempt at saying I over think things? No worries though I am not doing these riddles just because I will simply overthink it or over analyze it and it will be wrong, so I will let others do them. :)

Thank you, now the rules are more clear than before.

I do not have any other grievances.

-Whatever you want to call me

• 743 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:45 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

D3LTAFOX said:

If you would have waited for another day, instead of posting three times, you would have won it, but go on the first page it says you can post once a day. Though it should have been added to the initial post instead of a random post on the first page.

-Rogue

I mean it wasn't a jab, I was simply telling Delta it is on the first page, but not on the initial post. I did think it should have been added onto the initial post instead of some random post. I would say we are all friends, but even friends can have arguments, can they not? If I did have an issue then you would know it because I would have messaged you about it. I am not getting frustrated over these riddles, but the wording is somewhat off-putting. Also, is this your passive aggressive attempt at calling me dumb, or your attempt at saying I over think things? No worries though I am not doing these riddles just because I will simply overthink it or over analyze it and it will be wrong, so I will let others do them. :)

See how everything soothes over so nicely when you directly address me? 

• 224 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:48 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

D3LTAFOX said:

-Rogue

See how everything soothes over so nicely when you directly address me? 

Okay.

This post was edited by David at July 9, 2017 7:48 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    July 9, 2017 6:02 AM EDT

Time for another guess!

Is it by any chance the Tribunal? Or I guess specifically Vivec. They/He didn't want to give up godhood, and becoming gods did solve and create turmoil. Home no longer being home could be Red Mountain erupting, them being at least a bit Chimer and so not belonging completely in Morrowind, or maybe they grew so far apart from their people that they no longer belonged.

• 284 posts
    July 9, 2017 6:12 AM EDT

Hey Rogue, you have some kind of Stormcloak fetish?

• 224 posts
    July 9, 2017 7:50 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Time for another guess!

Is it by any chance the Tribunal? Or I guess specifically Vivec. They/He didn't want to give up godhood, and becoming gods did solve and create turmoil. Home no longer being home could be Red Mountain erupting, them being at least a bit Chimer and so not belonging completely in Morrowind, or maybe they grew so far apart from their people that they no longer belonged.

Huh, I didn't think about it being the Tribunal, but it does make sense.

• 585 posts
    July 9, 2017 10:25 AM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

I would not be surprised if this was Rogue in real life

Paws said:

Sonovahbitch.

At least we aren't spreading Wales propaganda though, eh? Now we're just being used to recruit for the Stormcloaks... Oh my god. Rogue lulled us into a false sense of security, using the most revolting images imaginable (ie anything to do with Wales) to make us desperate for anything else, then making us into poster children of the rebellion. Genius. Despicable, but genius.

This post was edited by Zonnonn at July 9, 2017 10:30 AM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 9, 2017 1:02 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Time for another guess!

Daedra and Aedra seem to be pretty popular for every riddle I've given. Vivec makes sense, but not what I'm looking for. Isn't the Stormcloak embracement better than a Welsh profile picture?

• 743 posts
    July 9, 2017 1:03 PM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

Maybe

• 585 posts
    July 9, 2017 1:06 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Isn't the Stormcloak embracement better than a Welsh profile picture?

Anything would be better than a Welsh picture :P