Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

• 585 posts
    June 29, 2017 3:08 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Also, the answer of the first riddle is the Thalmor.

Damn it! Good riddle Rogue.

• 1595 posts
    July 2, 2017 6:53 PM EDT

Are we getting another riddle? :p

• 743 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:10 PM EDT

Paws said:

Sorry, I've had personal issues that have diverted my attention the past few days. Anyways, here goes.

"The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine"

As for the Thalmor riddle, it was representing them discreetly overtaking the old Dominion. This actually began during the events of ESO with the Veiled Inheritance. 

This post was edited by Rogue at July 3, 2017 1:11 PM EDT
    • 585 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:32 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

As for the Thalmor riddle, it was representing them discreetly overtaking the old Dominion. This actually began during the events of ESO with the Veiled Inheritance. 

Well that explains it then. I'm not stupid, I just haven't played ESO... Yep that's definitely the reason, no way its because I'm thick...

"The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine"

I'm gonna have to think about this for a bit I'm hesitant to say that this might be something about mantling, or maybe Skyrim now that its independent again and the sorta figurehead for that is Talos, a divine, and the cloak could either represent the protection and security of the nation or that its showing its true colours. And I know you're a sucka for Stormcloaks... Hmmm, this'll take a while.

• 743 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:34 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Well that explains it then. I'm not stupid, I just haven't played ESO... Yep that's definitely the reason, no way its because I'm thick...

I'm gonna have to think about this for a bit I'm hesitant to say that this might be something about mantling, or maybe Skyrim now that its independent again and the sorta figurehead for that is Talos, a divine, and the cloak could either represent the protection and security of the nation or that its showing its true colours. And I know you're a sucka for Stormcloaks... Hmmm, this'll take a while.

Don't sweat on the last riddle, I admit it could have been written better. Don't judge me, I just started this! :p

You know the riddle maker, which gives you an advantage here. No pressure.

This post was edited by Rogue at July 3, 2017 1:48 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:54 PM EDT

I am going to say this is about Tiber Septim/Talos because in Lore it says that before a battle a storm would form above him and his army like a Cloak.

• 743 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:58 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

I am going to say this is about Tiber Septim/Talos because in Lore it says that before a battle a storm would form above him and his army like a Cloak.

Very good guess, but not quite there. 

Here is your picture, good sir.

Image result for william wallace braveheart

• 224 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:04 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

All my pics are going to be Braveheart aren't they?

• 743 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:05 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

All my pics are going to be Braveheart aren't they?

Yes

• 1595 posts
    July 3, 2017 4:45 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Paws said:

Sorry, I've had personal issues that have diverted my attention the past few days. Anyways, here goes.

Sorry Rogue, didn't mean to make you feel bad or feel the need to apologise :( Hope all's ok.

I'll think on the riddle. It could be another Rogue-related Nocturnal thing, I know you like your stealth :D

• 743 posts
    July 3, 2017 4:47 PM EDT

Paws said:

RogueSilver said:

Paws said:

Sorry Rogue, didn't mean to make you feel bad or feel the need to apologise :( Hope all's ok.

I'll think on the riddle. It could be another Rogue-related Nocturnal thing, I know you like your stealth :D

Haha, no worries. I planned to put one out today regardless. Good luck!

• 1595 posts
    July 4, 2017 5:16 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Ok, I stumped. But will have a punt anyway :D

I'm going to riff on what the others have said but shift the focus away from your Ulfric and Talos, but instead onto Kyne.

To be "Storm-Cloaked" is similar to being Storm-Crowned like Hjalti was. Storm is synonymous with Kyne, for she is the goddess of that. Stormcloak therefore could mean to have Kyne's protection, it's an invocation.

Kynareth was born from the bones of Kyne, tailored to fit a new interpretation of her, a Divine.

The "First but not the first" could refer to Kynareth being the first to agree to Lorkhan's plan, but she wasn't the first ada. That honour goes to another. Or it could be that Yffre or Kyne came first before Kynareth. either way, there's a tenuous connection :p

This post was edited by Paws at July 4, 2017 5:21 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:27 PM EDT

Paws said:

RogueSilver said:

Ok, I stumped. But will have a punt anyway :D

I'm going to riff on what the others have said but shift the focus away from your Ulfric and Talos, but instead onto Kyne.

To be "Storm-Cloaked" is similar to being Storm-Crowned like Hjalti was. Storm is synonymous with Kyne, for she is the goddess of that. Stormcloak therefore could mean to have Kyne's protection, it's an invocation.

Kynareth was born from the bones of Kyne, tailored to fit a new interpretation of her, a Divine.

The "First but not the first" could refer to Kynareth being the first to agree to Lorkhan's plan, but she wasn't the first ada. That honour goes to another. Or it could be that Yffre or Kyne came first before Kynareth. either way, there's a tenuous connection :p

Damn, that's deep. Very good observation and break down. But, sadly, Kyne isn't the answer I'm looking for.

Your picture, my good man:

Image result for welsh

• 1595 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:31 PM EDT

Oh no you didn't?!!? You're sick :D

I will remember this humiliation :p

• 743 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:33 PM EDT

Paws said:

Oh no you didn't?!!? You're sick :D

I will remember this humiliation :p

I'm sure you'll get me back too! 

• 1595 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:46 PM EDT

I hope so :D How Zonn's gonna gloat...

• 261 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:47 PM EDT

Hrm... "The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine"...

Seeing as how 'cloak' can also mean 'conceal', and the mention of 'tailored to a divine', that leads me to Nocturnal. Could this riddle, by chance, refer to the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal?

*Mentally prepares for profile pic change*

• 743 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:50 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Hrm... "The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine"...

Seeing as how 'cloak' can also mean 'conceal', and the mention of 'tailored to a divine', that leads me to Nocturnal. Could this riddle, by chance, refer to the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal?

*Mentally prepares for profile pic change*

This is also a logical answer. However, I'm pretty illogical, so I'm afraid that's incorrect. 

Image result for ulfric stormcloak

• 261 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:56 PM EDT

Damn it. And here I was, ready with an image in case I got it...

• 743 posts
    July 4, 2017 7:58 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Damn it. And here I was, ready with an image in case I got it...

Glad I managed to avoid that. New picture looks great!

• 261 posts
    July 4, 2017 8:02 PM EDT

Actually, can I make a riddle? I want to see if I'm any good at it.

• 224 posts
    July 4, 2017 8:55 PM EDT

The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine

Is it the Tribunal mantling the Heart of Lorkhan? Cloak can also mean mantle, and the Tribunal, specially Vivec, was the "first ones" to mantle a God, Lorkhan, though technically Lorkhan did it first with the creation of Nirn.

• 585 posts
    July 5, 2017 3:42 AM EDT

Paws said:

I have to admit I almost spit out my tea when I saw this XD

*Clears throat*

Oh Phil, how the mighty have fallen. Once a proud, if misguided, southerner, now you have suffered the greatest dishonour. One so devastating none could recover.

You have been associated with the Welsh.

Thunder and lighting strikes dramatically

Within the day, you will be hailing Cardiff as the epitome of civilisation, sheep will never be safe from your wanton stares, and only the most skilled linguists will be able to discern your speech.

RIP Phil

• 1595 posts
    July 5, 2017 12:32 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Paws said:

I have to admit I almost spit out my tea when I saw this XD

*Clears throat*

Oh Phil, how the mighty have fallen. Once a proud, if misguided, southerner, now you have suffered the greatest dishonour. One so devastating none could recover.

You have been associated with the Welsh.

Thunder and lighting strikes dramatically

Within the day, you will be hailing Cardiff as the epitome of civilisation, sheep will never be safe from your wanton stares, and only the most skilled linguists will be able to discern your speech.

RIP Phil

I'm in my cone of shame.

O, y cywilydd. "Why, why, why, Delilah."

• 743 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:28 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine

Is it the Tribunal mantling the Heart of Lorkhan? Cloak can also mean mantle, and the Tribunal, specially Vivec, was the "first ones" to mantle a God, Lorkhan, though technically Lorkhan did it first with the creation of Nirn.

Nope, not what I'm looking for.