Forums » Introduce Yourself

A bit late but nice to meet you!

• 167 posts
    June 2, 2017 5:48 PM EDT

"I am Duvain an Adventurer and protector of the mighty forests of the Elven race. My magic commands Light and Darkness, my blades split the Earth and my arrows lacerate the sky. Forever free to roam the world whoever wishes to follow may come whoever wishes to oppose can find solace in the pits of the nine hells"

Or so I would like to say :D

Greetings adventurers, even though I have been around for over three months I would also like to take the time and introduce myself. Some of you might know me from what I have posted in the site up until now which is 3 Skyrim builds and 2 Skyrim Roleplay Profiles.

I have been a fan of what you might call the "Fantasy Genre" since a very young age. I love anything that has to do with this genre from litterature, movies, web novels, games ( yep, a proud full fledged nerd! :D ). What interests me the most in tamrielvault is the skyrim character build group, roleplaying group and lore group. I have played let's just say a good amount games and all types of them but my favourites are rpg and mostly mmorpg. In many of the mmorpg games I played I used to make guides and builds so this is one of the reasons for my interest in the Skyrim Character Building group.

That 's about it for my short intro. I hope to make some more builds/roleplay profiles in the future that people might find enjoyable to read. If you want to check some of my work it is listed in my profile. By the way arcane archer/ranger/rogue characters is kinda my thing so expect quite a few builds around these themes from me.

Thanks a lot for your time, nice to meet you and Happy Adventures!

This post was edited by Duvain at March 30, 2023 9:51 PM EDT
    • 284 posts
    June 2, 2017 6:08 PM EDT

Good to finaly meet you Duvain, you can never have enough elves on the Site. I'm looking forward to your future content! :)

I've been a fan of the fantasy genre since watching The Lord of the Rings. I hope that reading hobby also extends to writing. I bet you can come up with some fantastic stories.

- D3

• 167 posts
    June 2, 2017 6:19 PM EDT

@D3LTAFOX - Thanks D3LTA  whenever you have the time check out the backstory in the roleplay profile for my Skeleton Archer build, I was thinking to write some blog entries regarding his and his odd companion's adventures but I 'm not sure if it will come out good since I 've never tried writing something simillar but I 'll never know if I don't try I guess :P.

• 69 posts
    June 2, 2017 6:49 PM EDT

Hello Duvain, nice to see another member introducing themselves onto the site! Regarding the blog entries I'd talk to Sotek about those... he is quite handy when it comes to writing :P 

Hope to see you around more, and although i tend to stick around the Fallout Character Building Group, I'll be sure to swing on over and check out some of your Skyrim builds.

Sent you a friend invite if you'd like to message me about any questions you have, I'm open to most things, and I don't mind chatting about games either ;)

--The Everburning One,

FlamezSword (or just Flamez)

• 167 posts
    June 2, 2017 6:56 PM EDT

@FlamezSword - Thanks Flamez! I never played any game of the FO series but I think I should, I might try some FO action coming next month and check this side of the site as well.

This post was edited by Duvain at June 2, 2017 6:58 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    June 2, 2017 8:07 PM EDT

I use to be an adventurer like you, but...I became a Necromancer instead. In all seriousness, though welcome to the site. I too have been a huge nerd and fantasy genre fanatic forever, I fell in love with the genre due to playing D&D, where my love for Necromancy began. Also, I think we are already friends on here, so don't hesitate about sending me a PM if you need RP help.

The Wolf King of Solitude,

Potemus

• 167 posts
    June 2, 2017 8:57 PM EDT

@Potemus - Thanks Potemus! D&D is just aweasome all around and necromancers are cool in their own way! :D

• 284 posts
    June 3, 2017 1:48 AM EDT

¸Writing your first blog in TSC can be a bit scary. But, don't worry. There is no such thing as a bad story. If you do decide to write you can ask me any questions you have. 

• 585 posts
    June 3, 2017 2:26 AM EDT

Well nice to officially meet you Duvain!

You mention MMORPGs, have you played Runescape? That game was the shit 10 odd years ago, it introduced me to RPGs and it must've done a pretty good job, because I'm still playing Skyrim years after release!

• 167 posts
    June 3, 2017 4:37 AM EDT

@Zonnonn - I 've seen and played Runescape very little from a friend while gaming in net cafes just to check out the game because I was playing other things back then but this game has a really big history in mmorpgs and there are many people that still play it after all these years so that says something. Also they have improved the visuals of the game a lot in the last few years compared to what it looked like back then.

@D3LTAFOX - Thanks if I have any questions I 'll be sure to ask.

This post was edited by Duvain at June 3, 2017 4:39 AM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    June 5, 2017 12:13 AM EDT

Pleased to meet you Duvain :) I am not sure we have interacted much, but I have been meaning to get stuck into your RP Profiles. Note to self, get it done! :D

Thank you for taking the time to say hi :)

• 167 posts
    June 5, 2017 4:28 AM EDT

Hey Paws thanks and nice to meet you!

These two RP profiles are the first ones I made and I 'm pretty sure I need to improve my writting skills. I have to say though that I enjoyed making them so I think I will do some more in the future for other characters I might do a build for or just play. 

• 694 posts
    June 7, 2017 3:01 PM EDT

Nice to meet you, Duvain! Never too late for an introduction, and a belated "welcome" to the community, too.  

Glad you've been enjoying the groups during your time with us so far and are jumping in with both feet! That's always great to see. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. :)

• 167 posts
    June 8, 2017 8:42 AM EDT

@Edana - Thanks Edana nice to meet you too!