Forums » General Gaming

ME: Andromeda Bad?

• 284 posts
    May 23, 2017 7:32 AM EDT

I've been reading several reviews on ME: Andromeda for the past month. They all say that the game is a huge dissapointment and it doesn't hold a candle to the original trilogy. Then I got to play the game, and I think that it's amazing. It is a great addition to the series and I'd love to see a sequel.

There are bugs and gliches but I only encountered three or four maybe, and they weren't game breaking. The game is patched a bit. I think that people don't like it because when ME 1 came out, it was something new, a competition to Star Wars. When Andromeda was announced, we had big expectations and knew what it was. I wish that I could go on another adventure with Tali, Garrus, Liara, Grunt and Joker, but I would also like to go on an another adventure with the Ryder twins. I like all the characters, locations and factions in Andromeda.

What do you think about Andromeda? Is it bad for you or you think it's awesome like me?

• 1467 posts
    May 23, 2017 8:52 AM EDT

Now, I'm not really a fan of the series technically (Mass Effect Andromeda is the only game I've played for more than two hours) so I can't really speak about expectations. For me it's a bloody good Sci-Fi RPG and has some of the best combat I've seen in any sci-fi game for ages, the characters are mostly fun, I do admit that they aren't quite...as good as I was expecting as a fan of other Bioware games (there's nobody that stands out as amazing), but Ryder is defintiely an actually decent character, I thought that was surprising but yeah they're actually really good.

So yeah, I definitely wouldn't say it's bad but I know that I don't have the same experience a huge fan of the series would have. I've even been debating whether or not I should end up creating a few builds for the game...It'd take ages to really finish one (End-Game sort of characters) and I don't have enough experience with it yet but it's still something I've been thinking of. 

• 15 posts
    May 23, 2017 3:52 PM EDT

If you like the series and/or sci-fi space games buy it without second thought. 

Trust me the mass effect series are my favourite games of all time and i have finished the trilogy more than 20 times.

I bought it before the first patch and the performance was poor after 2 patches now the game shines!

The combat gameplay is very very very good.

The story is lighter than the original trilogy and it make sense you have Ryder who is a newbie while Shepard was already a commander and a N7.

It has some cringy jokes everynow and then but this is not a reason for you to not play this game.

Pretty much I am very happy with Andromeda and I will not lie is exactly what I was waiting for: a nice adventure in a new setting with old faces I like!

I rate it 8/10

What I would change? more customization options, less cringy jokes, more skills to equip (you can only 3, but you can equip different profiles the same time for me it's kinda annoying to pause the game all the time though).

I say buy it and have a great time.

This is an honest review.

I will play it again after next patch which will have (I presume) more customization options.

PS: Do NOT rush the game, play it relaxed. This way you are going to enjoy it even more!

• 277 posts
    May 23, 2017 4:14 PM EDT
    It took me one month to finish the game and I enjoyed every bit of it. There were some bugs, weird animations, but nothing game breaking. I suspect that all those people complaining about ridiculous crashes, game freezes or object disappearances play the pirated version of the game. None of those happened while I played. Regarding the story, it's a journey through space, people of all races trying to find a home in a hostile but beautiful galaxy. Don't expect some larger than life mission... at least not yet. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
    This post was edited by Noodles at May 23, 2017 4:15 PM EDT
    • 15 posts
    May 23, 2017 4:21 PM EDT

Noodles said: It took me one month to finish the game and I enjoyed every bit of it. There were some bugs, weird animations, but nothing game breaking. I suspect that all those people complaining about ridiculous crashes, game freezes or object disappearances play the pirated version of the game. None of those happened while I played. Regarding the story, it's a journey through space, people of all races trying to find a home in a hostile but beautiful galaxy. Don't expect some larger than life mission... at least not yet. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Exactly as Noodles said. Dont expect a larger than life mission. But I am sure the sequel are gonna be fire! They laid many ideas for the next sequel and all of them seem interestening.

People who complained probably played the 2 hours free beta that was before the release and they judged the whole game based on a...2 hours BETA

• 1441 posts
    June 23, 2017 12:58 PM EDT

Noodles said: It took me one month to finish the game and I enjoyed every bit of it. There were some bugs, weird animations, but nothing game breaking. I suspect that all those people complaining about ridiculous crashes, game freezes or object disappearances play the pirated version of the game. None of those happened while I played. Regarding the story, it's a journey through space, people of all races trying to find a home in a hostile but beautiful galaxy. Don't expect some larger than life mission... at least not yet. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
    Also, the bugs and whastnot were apparently EA denying the request of Bioware to give them time to iron out the flaws