Forums » The Lounge

Workshop Spotlight 2 - The Lovelorn Dragonborn

• 1467 posts
    May 13, 2017 5:56 AM EDT

So, here it is. For anyone that hasn't popped in, our resident 'Queen of Leaving Stuff in the 'Shop for Eternity' :P has released her newest build to the public and I felt like this was one that most certainly deserves a Spotlight. The Lovelorn Dragonborn is a build that you may have heard Lissette mention when talking about Mr. Buttons, and is quite possibly one of the best presented builds that I've seen in awhile (which these days is really saying something). 

There's a number of things that I like about this build, and we'll start out with the first section, well actually it's in the middle...Anyway, the gameplay for The Lovelorn Dragonborn is currently still in development but there are a few things that are rather interesting. First, the whole mod is based off of Ordinator (or, it is played using Ordinator anyway) and focuses on fighting as a Shieldmage, in other words combining Destruction magic with the dangerous skill that is Blocking to create a really cool, usually defensive mage. Now as someone who hasn't personally used Ordinator, I don't know exactly what the mod can do to make a Shieldmage cool, but this build has me really excited to find out which is a huge plus for any build based around a mod.

The (in my opinion at least) cooler section of what Liss has given us so far, is the character's opening monologue (which could be the start of the Backstory, not sure but it's cool) and some of the Roleplaying she's starting to insert into the build. For example, the use of 'Khajiit Speak' throughout the build is really awesome, and helps really work the character into the build more (something that is really difficult for Khajiit builds with in-character parts). But really the whole opening is just bloody good, and should be read, in fact here's a quick teaser of what Liss has already written

The shackles, the cart ride, the black, winged beast that made this one wish desperately to crawl back inside mother's womb and hide forever.  He was like a god of bronze to this humble Khajiit, beautiful and proud, black hair with eyes of starlit silver. His armor shone in the waning light of Magrus and a great sword of unspeakable size and strength was surely held in his hand.

Now, I can't really recommend this build enough, for just about anyone to go check. This probably isn't the sort of build that is going to be completed next week, for all I know it might be released next month, next year, whenever but the important thing is that you should check it out now, give it a read, comment, like, whatever and just see what this build is at the moment. Liss is an old user of the Workshop (she's been here for ages, and has produced a number of excellent builds through the group), and I have no doubt this one is going to be just as good, if not better than her other builds.

That's all for this week folks, I'm going to go hide for an hour and hope Liss doesn't mind that I've featured this (her rule as a Host was that I couldn't since the CB and Workshop are basically cousin-groups, but now I'm freeeeeee). Don't forget to check out the other Workshop Spotlights by heading to the Spotlight Corner and I'll see you all next week for the third instalment. 

• 295 posts
    May 14, 2017 9:48 PM EDT

Wow! Super flattered, Deebs. I promise this one will not be in the workshop as long as the Outsider was. Urag may be though. LOL, I'll get him out too by the end of the summer. 

• 1467 posts
    May 15, 2017 12:34 AM EDT

I could hardly not write it up for the Lovelorn Dragonborn, it was just a matter of whether I'd do it this week or next week. It's going to be an epic build Liss, and if it is in the Workshop for as long as the Outsider....well I guess I'll have to rename part of the group, maybe the 'Lissette Rule' where any build written by someone with the name Lissette just has to be there for 6 weeks :P