Forums » Elder Scrolls

Thread Necromancy: What Class Would You Be In Skyrim?

• 743 posts
    May 9, 2017 4:12 PM EDT

I'm sure the vets here remember this thread being remade at least 4 or 5 times a few years back. I had actually forgotten about it until fellow host Zonn mentioned it to me. So, while dreaded as this thread used to be, let's put a minor spin on the subject. You must pick a class that suits your real life skills (obviously :p) but CANNOT say, for; example "I would be dead, dying, useless, a scrub, a loser cuz I'm a no life, etc.". That is extremely boring to read and so cliche. My point being, have a bit of confidence in yourself and pick an actual archetype! Be a damned nerd! 

I'll kick off the thread and say I'm slightly better in the particular field than what I actually am in real life (gotta embelish a little if you're gonna fit any class). So, I'm rather fond of hunting, fishing, camping, and pretty much any other outdoor activity you can think of. I like to live rural, and self sustain is something that I'm pretty used to (although not as much as I would like). Wonder what that sounds like :p?

I know, I'm a badass :p. Rangers for the win. Your turn.

• 261 posts
    May 9, 2017 8:42 PM EDT

Seeing as how I like writing, probably Bard.

• 457 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:06 PM EDT

When I read this, I tried really hard to spin this in a way that would make me a Ranger or Witchhunter or a Healer or even a Monk, but none of that was sticking no matter how hard I tried to fool myself... crud!

I love swapping stories (listening almost more than telling), tend to talk rather than punch my way out of fights, occasionally pick up the guitar (if none of my children are around to slap at the strings... read this as 'almost never'), enjoy singing (though I do so in a mediocre-at-best fashion), and I can at times be insanely self-centered. Nope, the painful truth is that even though they are one of my least favorite classes, I'm a...

BUT, if you ask my children (because they are brutally honest), I'm a bit more like...

This post was edited by ShinJin at May 9, 2017 9:08 PM EDT
    • 277 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:29 PM EDT
    I think 99.9% of us would die in the tutorial if it was all real. I don't think I'd survive up to the point where I'd "choose" my class. :))
    This post was edited by Noodles at May 9, 2017 9:29 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:31 PM EDT

I would be a Mage or more specific a Necromancer, and I have reasons why. I have always loved the idea of communicating with spirits and the afterlife, I have done seances before, and according to my family, I have talked to people who have passed way in our family when nobody was there. Plus, I like skulls, zombies, ghost, etc. You know your everyday spooky gothic things.

• 558 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:57 PM EDT
    I fit with the Scout the best. I'd rather live in a rural area than an urban one, I'm atheletic, and I'm not that smart, so magic is a no-no. Also, since I would be shying away from cities, I wouldn't have to interact with people, which I would quite enjoy.
    • 152 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:58 PM EDT

I competitively run year round and throw in some parkour/freerunning related things as a more fun form of training (doing flips outfuns a 12 mile dirt road run anyday) so most likely any agile class (Acrobat, thief, etc.) would suit me. I could easily see myself running around in the world of skyrim at a dead sprint with a band of hammer-wielding orcs on my tail

• 585 posts
    May 10, 2017 3:48 AM EDT
    Ay thanks for the mention Rogue!

I'm reasonably academic and I looove contact sports, which I've been playing most of my life, so I guess maybe a Spellsword or Battlemage. But maybe I'm just saying that because they're my favourite class... If not that, probably the standard sword'n'board soldier.
    • 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:23 AM EDT

ShinJin said:

When I read this, I tried really hard to spin this in a way that would make me a Ranger or Witchhunter or a Healer or even a Monk, but none of that was sticking no matter how hard I tried to fool myself... crud!

I love swapping stories (listening almost more than telling), tend to talk rather than punch my way out of fights, occasionally pick up the guitar (if none of my children are around to slap at the strings... read this as 'almost never'), enjoy singing (though I do so in a mediocre-at-best fashion), and I can at times be insanely self-centered. Nope, the painful truth is that even though they are one of my least favorite classes, I'm a...

BUT, if you ask my children (because they are brutally honest), I'm a bit more like...

I love the pure honesty of your reply. Bards have their perks too, though. And everyone loves needs a good story every now and then! 

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:24 AM EDT

Noodles said: I think 99.9% of us would die in the tutorial if it was all real. I don't think I'd survive up to the point where I'd "choose" my class. :))

A unique point of view, Noodles. That thought never crossed my mind :p

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:28 AM EDT

Mannimarco the God of Worms said:

I would be a Mage or more specific a Necromancer, and I have reasons why. I have always loved the idea of communicating with spirits and the afterlife, I have done seances before, and according to my family, I have talked to people who have passed way in our family when nobody was there. Plus, I like skulls, zombies, ghost, etc. You know your everyday spooky gothic things.

This was pretty neat to read (not meaning everyone else's wasn't). I think very few would legitimately say they would be a Necromancer, (bad reputation and all) so that reason alone makes your choice quite interesting.

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:29 AM EDT

John Goblikon said: I fit with the Scout the best. I'd rather live in a rural area than an urban one, I'm atheletic, and I'm not that smart, so magic is a no-no. Also, since I would be shying away from cities, I wouldn't have to interact with people, which I would quite enjoy.

Relatable 

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:30 AM EDT

MaddMannatee said:

I competitively run year round and throw in some parkour/freerunning related things as a more fun form of training (doing flips outfuns a 12 mile dirt road run anyday) so most likely any agile class (Acrobat, thief, etc.) would suit me. I could easily see myself running around in the world of skyrim at a dead sprint with a band of hammer-wielding orcs on my tail

That should be a short story in the Story Corner, lol. I would certainly read it! 

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:32 AM EDT

Zonnonn said: Ay thanks for the mention Rogue! I'm reasonably academic and I looove contact sports, which I've been playing most of my life, so I guess maybe a Spellsword or Battlemage. But maybe I'm just saying that because they're my favourite class... If not that, probably the standard sword'n'board soldier.

Thank you for the idea. Interesting pick, I was misled by your profile picture :p. Not about that stealth, right?

• 22 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:53 AM EDT
    Since I'm a huge nerd and I spend most of my time reading, writing, and drawing and since I love everything magical I'd probably be some sort of magical scholar based on that alone. But I'm also a bit of a hippie who adores nature and adventuring around in nature. So add that all up and I'm probably some wandering Healer-scholar or a Druid. That and Druids/Healers are cool.
    • 585 posts
    May 10, 2017 11:10 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said: Ay thanks for the mention Rogue! I'm reasonably academic and I looove contact sports, which I've been playing most of my life, so I guess maybe a Spellsword or Battlemage. But maybe I'm just saying that because they're my favourite class... If not that, probably the standard sword'n'board soldier.

Thank you for the idea. Interesting pick, I was misled by your profile picture :p. Not about that stealth, right?

Pfft, stealth is for cowards! I think I just chose this picture because it looked cool and I wanted one that wouod fit into the aesthetic of the website, I'm all about big explosions and big axes.

• 224 posts
    May 10, 2017 11:18 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

This was pretty neat to read (not meaning everyone else's wasn't). I think very few would legitimately say they would be a Necromancer, (bad reputation and all) so that reason alone makes your choice quite interesting.

Necromancers are just misunderstood, not all of them are bad and actually, the concept of a Necromancer wasn't considered bad at first, but people kept corrupting it. Plus, why wouldn't it be kind of interesting to communicate with souls, I mean you could talk to loved ones who have passed away and such.

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 11:27 AM EDT

LittenLeKitten said: Since I'm a huge nerd and I spend most of my time reading, writing, and drawing and since I love everything magical I'd probably be some sort of magical scholar based on that alone. But I'm also a bit of a hippie who adores nature and adventuring around in nature. So add that all up and I'm probably some wandering Healer-scholar or a Druid. That and Druids/Healers are cool.

Sounds like a typical Druid! They were tied with Necromancers as one of my favorite classes, back when I was playing Diablo 2.

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 11:30 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Pfft, stealth is for cowards! I think I just chose this picture because it looked cool and I wanted one that wouod fit into the aesthetic of the website, I'm all about big explosions and big axes.

Honor is seldom helpful for the means to surviving. An arrow shot from the dark will always win against a clueless sword :p 

• 743 posts
    May 10, 2017 11:33 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Necromancers are just misunderstood, not all of them are bad and actually, the concept of a Necromancer wasn't considered bad at first, but people kept corrupting it. Plus, why wouldn't it be kind of interesting to communicate with souls, I mean you could talk to loved ones who have passed away and such.

Definitely agree with you on that first bit. Anything that involves spirits seems to be deemed evil in fantasy (hell, even in real life back in the day). I find the idea of communicating with souls extremely interesting, although I don't think I'd personally do it.

• 585 posts
    May 10, 2017 12:45 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Honor is seldom helpful for the means to surviving. An arrow shot from the dark will always win against a clueless sword :p 

Ah but the key word here is clueless my friend. Detect Life will find you way before your arrow can find me. And then BOOM, fireball.

• 700 posts
    May 10, 2017 5:27 PM EDT

IIIIII...I'd be a Bard too. Maybe one that practices magic as well. Nothing as barbaric as Destruction, though. More likely Illusion. 

• 224 posts
    May 10, 2017 6:37 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

RogueSilver said:

Definitely agree with you on that first bit. Anything that involves spirits seems to be deemed evil in fantasy (hell, even in real life back in the day). I find the idea of communicating with souls extremely interesting, although I don't think I'd personally do it.

Thanks. Yeah, I have noticed that instantly even when I play Pathfinder or DnD Necromancers are always or have to be evil unless you DM is awesome and lets you pick. Actually in real life Necromancy was considered good or even neutral in a lot of polytheistic religions, but was later considered evil by monotheistic religions like Christianity. Yeah, I have always found stuff like that interesting also, and have done stuff to communicate with them, rather it was real or not who knows, but I still love the idea.

• 25 posts
    May 10, 2017 8:24 PM EDT

I'm a mom in real life (though my children are now young adults) and have worked with children for years, so due to the caretaking and nuturing traits associated with that I would probably be some sort of Priestess-Healer, similar to Danica Pure-Spring in Whiterun.

• 2 posts
    May 10, 2017 10:52 PM EDT

Im one hundred percent percent a bard, i love singing, playing instruments, drawing, telling stories. entertaining in any way, im charismatic and (in skyrim) would learn how to wield a sword. i  like adventures and stories. yeah, definitly a bard