Forums » Elder Scrolls

What build of yours do you enjoy playing most?

• May 8, 2017 11:48 PM EDT

Is there a build of yours that you just keep coming back to? What makes it fun to play - the combat or roleplay aspect?

Just curious :D Would be cool if some of you character build creators out there would post a link to your "favorite" build down below, along with why you love playing it :D

• 1467 posts
    May 9, 2017 12:30 AM EDT

Oh boy, I'd have to say for me it's The Grey Prince but there are easily another couple that could take that place. The Grey Prince is simply my first build that got to Event:Legendary and the Hall of Fame. But you know, more importantly I think it's one of my most intersting builds, with a pretty great idea behind it (but I'm biased obviously).

Generally speaking though I prefer reading other builds and just sharing my own for fun, none of mine are really what I'd consider 'great' or masterpieces, just pretty good. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at May 9, 2017 12:32 AM EDT
    • 457 posts
    May 9, 2017 1:32 AM EDT

It sounds strange, but while I may briefly visit old builds, the builds I see here distract me to such an extent that I rarely play much more than a level or so before I start geeking out about a build that I stumble upon and start playing that (or a new event comes out and I get too fixated on that xD).

Still, it's an awesome question that I'd also love to know the answer to... gonna keep my eye on this thread ;D

• 457 posts
    May 9, 2017 1:36 AM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

...none of mine are really what I'd consider 'great' or masterpieces, just pretty good. 

I've played at least a couple of your builds, DB, and I only play builds I consider masterpieces ;D

• 284 posts
    May 9, 2017 4:07 AM EDT

Currently, I'm playing the Dustlander Outcast build inspired by the Ashlander Outcast. I may give your build a try after I finish the Dustlander.

• May 9, 2017 5:18 AM EDT

@Dragonborn1721: The Grey Prince looks interesting, never came across it before!

@Shinjin: I know that feeling too well hahah.

@D3ltafox: Sweet! How's it coming along?

• 284 posts
    May 9, 2017 6:34 AM EDT

Pestilence said:

@D3ltafox: Sweet! How's it coming along?

It's going pretty good so far. It's certanly a fresh new way to play.

• 224 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:27 AM EDT

My favorite build of mine that I loved playing was a Redgaurd Necromancer, which I called the Mad Redgaurd. I enjoyed playing it because I love playing a Mage, I love playing a Necromancer, and it a lot of references to Lovecraft. I never posted that build though.

• 700 posts
    May 10, 2017 1:44 PM EDT

I haven't actually replayed any of my builds after posting them. Sometimes I'll naturally drift into the playstyles I made for them because those are my favorite ways to play, but I can't say I've ever played any of my builds more than it took to playtest them. 

• 167 posts
    May 10, 2017 2:05 PM EDT

For a few months as it can be seen from the two builds I 've posted so far and the third which is in the making I really like the Alteration + Bound Bow combo. I take this as a base and put other elements on top of that to make them have a different feeling. For example on my Arcane Rogue build (which I will remake when I have the time because it was my 1st build posted and I can make it look much better now) I put Restonation in the mix, on my Rogue of Wind I put "wind magic" and poisons and on my Skeleton Archer at the moment I 'm using Alteration + Bound  bow plus undead skeleton summons and staffs and some other roleplay elements.

Not sure if that counts but for the last few months I enjoyed playing this kind of builds, same basis and then add other things to make them feel different.

This post was edited by Duvain at May 10, 2017 2:07 PM EDT
    • 203 posts
    May 10, 2017 2:11 PM EDT

So far the only build of my own that I replayed after publishing it was the Outcast. It's an orc assassin wielding a two handed axe... I mean what's not to like. But even that was just because I wanted to change things up a bit and post a reworked version of the build, which I eventually had to abandon due to time restraints.

However, while it isn't really a build, I always come back to my basic playstyle: a sword-wielding rogue.

• 77 posts
    May 10, 2017 4:13 PM EDT

The Pyromancer is my first build and one that i've revisited a few times.  There's a nice synergy to fire magic in Skyrim that appeals to me.  However my playstyle in general has often found itself in the necromancer camp.  I've made fiveish necromancer builds, created a necromancer faction and wrote a rather exhaustive series on the subject called the Necronomicon.  So while Pyromancer is the specific build i've played the most, necromancy is definatly the playstyle I keep coming back to.

• 277 posts
    May 10, 2017 4:30 PM EDT

To me it's a tie between The Exorcist, the Wildfoot and the Shao'kai. First off the Shao'kai captures my liking for a good revenge story, a badass armor combo and an awesome ninja gameplay. It's Tarantino's Kill Bill in Skyrim, what can I not like? Second, the Wildfoot shows my overall preference for a ranger play style coupled with earth, wind and sun magic: a cross between a hunter and a druid. It feels a bit cliche but I'm a hard sucker for it. And third but not least preferred, the Exorcist because it enables me to play a mage capable of forming hard light constructs, something that I personally find unique and refreshing every time I boot up the last save.

• 278 posts
    May 10, 2017 9:31 PM EDT

um.... Shieldbearer of peryite was really fun, but namira's mouth was incredibly cool to roleplay. The build I'm currently working on, (which is secret) and the Namira's mouth redo are also pretty good, but Shieldbearer of peryite takes the cake.

• May 11, 2017 4:05 PM EDT

@Mannimarco: That sounds interesting! Especially since, IIRC, Redguards are supposed to hate necromancy.

@Legion: Yeah, I know what you mean! There are really only a handful of builds of mine that I actually replay.

@Duvain: Nice - I've never really played a build with Alteration and bound weapons before. I never really enjoyed vanilla alteration that much. The only spell I liked using from that tree was Paralyze.

@Teineeva: Sword-wielding rogue is a type of playthrough I've done many times as well. I only recently tried playing an orc - it's also tons of fun.

@Vargr: I tried a pyromancer build one time as well, but not as fleshed out as you created it! Was definitely fun - I think it eventually evolved into an Elemental Wielder type build.

@Noodles: I've actually read that build of yours! I remember the first time I read it because I recall thinking how great I found the interpretation of Raise Zombie - it sounds so counterintuitive for an Exorcist, but makes perfect sense in the context of the build.

@InnocentKhajiit: I did a similar playthrough - it definitely is quite a bit of fun! Something about a poison-based build is really fun