Forums » General Gaming

Bethesda Teases Two New Games

• 641 posts
    April 29, 2017 3:31 AM EDT

Beth released its teaser for its upcoming E3 event and on it, you can see various games. Top centre is Elder Scrolls to the right of it is Doom and below that is Quake. Bottom centre is Fallout and to the left of it is Dishonoured and about it Prey. But as you can see, the two corners are "under construction." Surely they will announce these games at the event, otherwise why put them on the poster?

• 585 posts
    April 29, 2017 10:53 AM EDT

Very interesting... In theory it should be two new releases given that the map dedicates sections to each franchise, but it could just be a way to tease ES 6 subtley. Well I hope so anyway.

• 641 posts
    April 30, 2017 8:40 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Very interesting... In theory it should be two new releases given that the map dedicates sections to each franchise, but it could just be a way to tease ES 6 subtley. Well I hope so anyway.

I think waiting on a new ES game announcement is just wishful thinking.

• 140 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:19 AM EDT

Eh, I wouldn't get my hopes up about TES 6 (Though that one construction site does seem awfully close to Elder Scrolls Land...). I give it a 10-15% chance that they announce it, but definitely not an actual release until the 2020's.

This post was edited by Caesar at April 30, 2017 9:20 AM EDT
    • 773 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:37 AM EDT

I had a quick scan around the net to see what people were speculating, and a lot of people are suggesting it will be The Evil Within 2 and a new Wolfenstein game.

Personally I think that would be absolutely pathetic, as they originally said they would be working on games that would be quite unlike anything they'd done before. Resurrecting an old IP doesn't exactly seem like ground breaking...

For the life of me I can't understand why they seem so incredibly reluctant to just crack on with a new Elder Scrolls game. It's a license to print money!

• 77 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:43 AM EDT

Fairly sure I've seen Bethesda refer to two new IP's, not seen any hints to what they may be so far, so guessing one of these may be announced in some form.

Guessing for ES and FO as they run on the same engine, they'll be working on this to bring it up to spec. Although cash cow's, maybe the devs don't want to get stale working on the same franchise or maybe ruin it :-/

• 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 10:42 AM EDT

I don't really care what Bethesda does at this time, to be honest. They haven't done anything for the Elder Scrolls community apart from a rerelease of a six-year-old game with mod support in the past 5 years. Resurrecting an ancient game isn't going to make me any more inclined to defend them. The Elder Scrolls community as a whole is one of the most alienated ones out there at the moment.

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 10:59 AM EDT

If you look at the top left under construction you can see the Elder Scrolls Mountains continue over. Maybe I'm overhyped or looking to closely, but It seems like one of those would be the "Big Game" mentioned, and the other perhaps ES:6. It can't be ESO cuz of the recent Morrowind. Not that anyone even plays ESO. :D

(Maybe its ES:6 Argonia, complete with Lilmothiit, for all those furries out there)

• 641 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:01 AM EDT

Meli said:

Fairly sure I've seen Bethesda refer to two new IP's, not seen any hints to what they may be so far, so guessing one of these may be announced in some form.

Guessing for ES and FO as they run on the same engine, they'll be working on this to bring it up to spec. Although cash cow's, maybe the devs don't want to get stale working on the same franchise or maybe ruin it :-/

Yeah, neither of those games are even remotely interesting to me, even if they did new spins on them or whatever. I can totally understand why they want to step away from Scrolls tho. Imagine working on the same game series year after year after year, the devs must be so burnt out on it by now that they would rather make any other game but it. I don't want them to grudgingly slap together a new Elder Scrolls game that they have no passion for.

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:03 AM EDT

But then again, think of the reason for company life. MONEY! If the public want it, Bethesda make it. That's why it could either be new IPS, or redos, or Scrolls or Fallout. But then again, making Scrolls 6 in Argonia could introduce the most important game mechaning EVER!

Better Swimming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqClGHodto could happen as well though. They might ruin it, but Skyrim was amazing, so was Oblivion, and Morrowind.

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at May 1, 2017 11:04 AM EDT
    • 77 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:14 AM EDT

Veloth the Prophet said:

Meli said:

Yeah, neither of those games are even remotely interesting to me, even if they did new spins on them or whatever. I can totally understand why they want to step away from Scrolls tho. Imagine working on the same game series year after year after year, the devs must be so burnt out on it by now that they would rather make any other game but it. I don't want them to grudgingly slap together a new Elder Scrolls game that they have no passion for.

I've sort of got the impression from reading interviews with Todd, and seeing Pete Hine's tweets, that they all love ES, so if they do make another game, they'll want to do it right, not just push it out for the money (I only semi get the whole Skyrim SE thing, but as a console player it's nice to finally be able to take screenshots, and have some mods). Thy're also up against Witcher and Horizon Zero Dawn, so they have to do major work on the engine to make it viable.

Hoping that if they (BGS) do put out a new game from existing IP, it'll be ES, as it did come out before the last FO.

• 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:16 AM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

If you look at the top left under construction you can see the Elder Scrolls Mountains continue over. Maybe I'm overhyped or looking to closely, but It seems like one of those would be the "Big Game" mentioned, and the other perhaps ES:6. It can't be ESO cuz of the recent Morrowind. Not that anyone even plays ESO. :D

(Maybe its ES:6 Argonia, complete with Lilmothiit, for all those furries out there)

You've never played ESO before, have you?

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:16 AM EDT

The Thing is, that The Elder Scrolls is one of the most loved gaming series ever. The Lore and stories are deep, the gameplay is good, the Graphics are always average, and glitches aplentiful. If they didn't like skyrim and ES and FO they wouldn't put as much effort in, and they CLEARLY put effort in.

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:19 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

InnocentKhajiit said:

You've never heard a joke before, have you? 

That's why there's a :D Face

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at May 1, 2017 11:19 AM EDT
    • 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:53 AM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

RogueSilver said:

InnocentKhajiit said:

You've never heard a joke before, have you? 

That's why there's a :D Face

Merely some friendly banter, dude. No need to explain a joke to someone rather fond of sarcasm :p

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:54 AM EDT

Nah dude it's okay I was also bantering

• 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 11:55 AM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

Nah dude it's okay I was also bantering

I like this guy

This post was edited by Rogue at May 1, 2017 11:59 AM EDT
    • 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:00 PM EDT

I would say the same but I'm not gay 

OOOH HH *DABS DABS* I'M SO AMAZING OHHHH

(I'm so sorry you had to witness that)

But you hate Fudgemuppet an dthat's inexcusable.

What's next, you're secretly the head of ************? Perhaps you watch HX?

You're actually not allowed to write N-U-K-A-S-C-R-O-L-L-S?

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at May 1, 2017 12:01 PM EDT
    • 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:01 PM EDT

Well, anyway, you're a pretty cool guy, Silverrogue.

• 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:05 PM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

Well, anyway, you're a pretty cool guy, Silverrogue.

Thank you for the reminder, GuiltyKhajiit.

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:05 PM EDT

Sorry, GoldenGoodyTwoShoes

That's my best guess at the opposite of a rogue :P

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at May 1, 2017 12:06 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:06 PM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

I would say the same but I'm not gay 

OOOH HH *DABS DABS* I'M SO AMAZING OHHHH

(I'm so sorry you had to witness that)

But you hate Fudgemuppet an dthat's inexcusable.

What's next, you're secretly the head of ************? Perhaps you watch HX?

You're actually not allowed to write N-U-K-A-S-C-R-O-L-L-S?

Damn my cover has been blown

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:07 PM EDT

DEPORT HIM! HE'S A FILTHY IMMIGRANT! MAKE TAMRIELVAULT GREAT AGAIN!

• 743 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:08 PM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

Sorry, GoldenGoodyTwoShoes

That's my best guess at the opposite of a rogue :P

I recently created a secondary Xbox account and couldn't decide on a gamertag. Now I have one.

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:09 PM EDT

That's okay. My other great names involve Coolkid123 MinecraftCreeper45 Swagboy29 Notice how cool they are?

We should just make a banter-forum!

Free for all

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at May 1, 2017 12:11 PM EDT