Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Song Would You Base a Skyrim Character Build Around?

    • 417 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:40 PM EDT

    John LeBlanc said: LOL. I had done this a while back for one of my builds.
    So share the love, man! Which build was it? I thought I've read all your builds, but I'm having trouble remembering one built around a song (after reading so many builds, they all get jumbled up in my mind unless I read them occasionally xD).

    • 400 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:41 PM EDT
    I almost started an Orsimer playthrough inspired by the prince in the song Prince of the Land of Stench by Nekrogoblikon.
    • 150 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:49 PM EDT
    http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/6949
    Sorry I can't post as a link I'm on my cell phone. I based this off the song God of thunder by kiss I caught flack about it on the workshop but I make no apologies for being a metal head and liking rock music LOL
    • 212 posts
    April 26, 2017 6:51 PM EDT

    I don't know if I've based a build on a song specifically, but man when I was making my Outsider, I had the score for Conan the Barbarian playing almost the whole time. All my builds have mood music that inspires me while I build. 

    • 417 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:34 PM EDT

    Gollum said: I almost started an Orsimer playthrough inspired by the prince in the song Prince of the Land of Stench by Nekrogoblikon.
    Good gosh! Nekrogoblikon freaks me the heck out! xD

    But I bet that would make a boss build, though ;D

    • 417 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:38 PM EDT

    John LeBlanc said: http://tamrielvault4.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/6949 Sorry I can't post as a link I'm on my cell phone. I based this off the song God of thunder by kiss I caught flack about it on the workshop but I make no apologies for being a metal head and liking rock music LOL
    Okay, Scion of a God I DO remember. Come to think of it, I remember looking up that KISS song after reading it too... while I'm not the hugest KISS fan, I support you fully with your unapologetic gut reaction to include it as part of the build--you should always pay homage to your muses ;D

    Now, I think I'll go back and give Scion another read :D

    • 417 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:50 PM EDT

    Lissette Long-Chapper said:

    All my builds have mood music that inspires me while I build. 

    I think that would make for a great discussion; I'd love to see a list of the songs that helped inspire your builds (with the possible exception of The Freelancer... soooo steamy xD).

    • 577 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:53 PM EDT

    I almost did this once! With one of my top all-time favorite songs:

     

    If you're not blowing out your speakers, you're not listening correctly. 

    But about the build. Wikipedia says a blood eagle is,

    "a ritualized method of execution, detailed in late skaldic poetry. According to the two instances mentioned in the Sagas, the victim (always a member of a royal family) was placed prone, the ribs severed from the vertebral column with a sharp implement and the lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings”. There is a continuing debate about whether the ritual was a literary invention, a mistranslation of the original texts or an actual historical practice."

    Debated or not, that's so legitimately fucked up that it can't not be made into a build. It was to be a Forsworn build, or at least have the Forswon aesthetic. I do wish I could remember the skills. I only played it as far as level 5. I think I used sneak, but then ended up really not liking sneak. I'm capricious like that. It's why restartitis is just a fact of life now! But I do think it lends itself well to a build, even if I can't build it. 

     

    • 472 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:40 AM EDT

    Duvain said:

    Sabaton is amazing they have so many good songs that make you wanna go and kick some ass! :D

    I know! And it turns out most of their stuff is based on heroic battles and badass wars, which just makes it even better.

    • 224 posts
    April 27, 2017 7:34 AM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Duvain said:

    Sabaton is amazing they have so many good songs that make you wanna go and kick some ass! :D

    I know! And it turns out most of their stuff is based on heroic battles and badass wars, which just makes it even better.

    Sabaton bases a lot of their stuff on real life history, so you get the best of two worlds you get great Metal music and you get to learn stuff that happened in history.

    • 417 posts
    April 27, 2017 12:25 PM EDT

    Legion said:

    I almost did this once! With one of my top all-time favorite songs:

    If you're not blowing out your speakers, you're not listening correctly. 

    But about the build. Wikipedia says a blood eagle is,

    "a ritualized method of execution, detailed in late skaldic poetry. According to the two instances mentioned in the Sagas, the victim (always a member of a royal family) was placed prone, the ribs severed from the vertebral column with a sharp implement and the lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings”. There is a continuing debate about whether the ritual was a literary invention, a mistranslation of the original texts or an actual historical practice."

    I don't know if that's the most distrubing thing I've ever heard, but it's in my top 10 top 5 xD

    That is a brutal concept, and the song fits the subject perfectly! It would have disturbed me, but I still think I would have liked to have seen that build come to life.

    • 1212 posts
    April 27, 2017 1:40 PM EDT

    ShinJin said:

    Legion said:

    I almost did this once! With one of my top all-time favorite songs:

    If you're not blowing out your speakers, you're not listening correctly. 

    But about the build. Wikipedia says a blood eagle is,

    "a ritualized method of execution, detailed in late skaldic poetry. According to the two instances mentioned in the Sagas, the victim (always a member of a royal family) was placed prone, the ribs severed from the vertebral column with a sharp implement and the lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings”. There is a continuing debate about whether the ritual was a literary invention, a mistranslation of the original texts or an actual historical practice."

    I don't know if that's the most distrubing thing I've ever heard, but it's in my top 10 top 5 xD

    That is a brutal concept, and the song fits the subject perfectly! It would have disturbed me, but I still think I would have liked to have seen that build come to life.

     

    Did someone say Blood Eagle?!

    • 1212 posts
    April 27, 2017 11:59 PM EDT

    This song, and its accompanying anime, helped inspire my Novitiate Hero 

    • 150 posts
    April 28, 2017 9:24 AM EDT

    I was thinking that Dr. Feelgood (Motley Crue) could be a neat song to base a chem build around in Fallout or an alchemy build in Skyrim.

    • 417 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:22 AM EDT

    Chris said:

    This song, and its accompanying anime, helped inspire my Novitiate Hero 

    I really liked the Novitiate Hero. Oddly, I missed the link to the song when I read through it, so it's cool to see part of the inspiration behind the build :D

    • 417 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:23 AM EDT

    John LeBlanc said:

    I was thinking that Dr. Feelgood (Motley Crue) could be a neat song to base a chem build around in Fallout or an alchemy build in Skyrim.

    Maybe even a skooma dealer... though I don't know if I could get myself to play it xD

    • 1212 posts
    April 29, 2017 3:54 AM EDT

    Whoever recommended Sabaton. This song wants me to make some sort of crusader build, maybe around Pelinal Whitesnake, and satisfies my love of history

     

    DEUS VULT!!!!!


    This post was edited by Chris at April 29, 2017 3:55 AM EDT
    • 49 posts
    April 29, 2017 4:10 AM EDT

    @Chris  -  I think Zonnonn was the first that mentioned Sabaton and I second his input! Like someone had commented in a video Sabaton's songs are like a short history lesson on steroids :P. Also check their songs "Man of War" and "Art of War" they can get you in that kind of mood.  Art of War is one of my favourites from Sabaton.


    This post was edited by Duvain at April 29, 2017 4:12 AM EDT
    • 577 posts
    April 29, 2017 10:04 PM EDT

    Got another one. Album is art is NSFW, fair warning. 

     

    The all-important lyrics:

    [Verse 1]
    Majestical cries, malevolent forces
    They'll echo their way through the skies
    She calls to me as my will dies
    Through the unknown
    I cannot resist though this temptress will peel flesh from bone
    To my demise I'm forced to rise

    [Chorus x2]
    The sirens call my fate
    Through veils I sense their hate

    [Verse 2]
    There's no turning back
    This creature controlling the conscience and spirit I lack
    Succumbing to the depths of black
    Spun from the sea
    Alluring her whispers
    I cannot be made to break free
    I offer my soul unto thee

    [Chorus x2]
    The sirens call my fate
    Through veils I sense their hate

    [Solo]

    [Verse 3]
    Wretched the Queen, she sits upon her throne
    I'm forced to lie and wait for death
    Bound by her spells
    I sense a hungry moan
    Trapped in this hell, my final breath

    The Siren's Call

    Bled out from the claws that rip
    I can't defend
    This moaning serpent has her way

    The Siren's Call

    [Solos]

    [Verse 4]

    Heed on this tale
    Prepare to resist the erotic
    The sirens, they wail
    Like others before, all have fell
    The legend grows
    How to defeat the witch, this is what nobody knows
    Terror forever she bestows

    The Siren's Call

    I don't know if there's already a Siren build made but it's damn shame if there isn't. Nords are sailors! But you can't exactly create shipwrecks either, so it would definitely take some creative reworking. I'm thinking shouts are a must. MFD? Anything that controls too. I envision a lot of controlling shouts and magic. MFD, Disarm, Kyne's Peace, illusion magic of course. Necromancy would be below the Siren. She controls the living, a much greater task than controlling the dead. 

     

    • 1212 posts
    April 30, 2017 12:12 AM EDT

    Duvain said:

    @Chris  -  I think Zonnonn was the first that mentioned Sabaton and I second his input! Like someone had commented in a video Sabaton's songs are like a short history lesson on steroids :P. Also check their songs "Man of War" and "Art of War" they can get you in that kind of mood.  Art of War is one of my favourites from Sabaton.

    IKR?

    • 417 posts
    May 2, 2017 10:28 AM EDT

    Legion said:

    The Siren's Call

    I don't know if there's already a Siren build made but it's damn shame if there isn't. Nords are sailors! But you can't exactly create shipwrecks either, so it would definitely take some creative reworking. I'm thinking shouts are a must. MFD? Anything that controls too. I envision a lot of controlling shouts and magic. MFD, Disarm, Kyne's Peace, illusion magic of course. Necromancy would be below the Siren. She controls the living, a much greater task than controlling the dead.

    Actually, with the right RP, this could be insanely cool! I'd make her an ambitious sort (sitting and waiting on a rock in the ocean is not good enough for her). Start her off patrolling Skyrim's coast, then in province-wide switchbacks slowly make my way inland till I hit Falkreath. Next stop Cyrodiil, the Empire, and Tamriel! ;D

    To get that harpy kind of vibe, I'd vamp her out: it gives you some extra Illusion goodness, but the best part is Vampire Lord form. How awesome would it be to sing a mob into fighting each other (frenzy), seduce the victor (calm), draw near to them, then... monster reveal (VLF)! Drain their essence, then move on to the next encounter. If you really want to go siren (and enjoy cannibalism), I suppose you could get Namira all up into the build as well.

    I'll be honest... I usually don't enjoy evil-aligned builds as much as good/chaotic good, but I'm really liking the idea of The Siren's Call :D

    • 2 posts
    May 2, 2017 10:49 AM EDT

    Pestilence said:

    Anyone here familiar with the book series The Dresden Files?

     

     

    I'm actually playing several Dresden Files-inspired characters, to see if one is worth writing down. Series is so freaking good


    This post was edited by Asmodeus at May 2, 2017 10:53 AM EDT
    • 13 posts
    May 2, 2017 9:45 PM EDT

    Asmodeus said: 

    I'm actually playing several Dresden Files-inspired characters, to see if one is worth writing down. Series is so freaking good

     

    That's awesome! Out of curiosity, what characters are you playing from the series? :D

    Harry? Michael?

    • 224 posts
    May 3, 2017 9:53 AM EDT

    Recently, I have been building a Paladin/Knight/Crusader build around a song, well it is more of a group and four of their albums. That being Powerwolf and their albums Bible of the Beast, Blood of the Saints, Preachers of the night, and Blessed & Possessed.

    • 2 posts
    May 3, 2017 11:43 AM EDT

    Pestilence said:

    Asmodeus said: 

    I'm actually playing several Dresden Files-inspired characters, to see if one is worth writing down. Series is so freaking good

     

    That's awesome! Out of curiosity, what characters are you playing from the series? :D

    Harry? Michael?

     

    Ah, to keep it spoiler-free, I'll only describe their skillset. You'll probably get who they are.

    A dual pyro-cryomancer. (Destruction and Restoration-wards, mostly, with a bit of Alteration, Onehanded, and Block for quick senses)

    An Illusion warlock. (extremely little use of mind-altering spells, uses mostly invisibility and Alteration spells. Using Apocalypse spell mod to make Illusion more viable without breaking any rules)

    A paladin. (Restoration's Dawnguard spells for some righteous smiting, coupled with onehanded (Enchanting and smithing for roleplay))

    A master-of-arms. (Archery, Onehanded, Sneak, Lockpicking, Lightarmoured. Favours crossbows with exploding ammo, from about a thousand yards.)

     

    I really wanted to include Karrin Murphy, but for that I'd need guns. The other ranged-weaponry user in my team gets away with it because he uses them at long range, but hers is a more up-close-and-personal style, so it won't work. Also thinking of somehow fitting a certain vampire into Skyrim, but Skyrim's vampires are obviously red-court, which complicates matters.

     The RP is surprisingly good, especially in combat. For the first two, I must deal killing blows to humans and elves with a physical weapon, and for the third I've made it a rule that I must destroy all of my enchanted weapons and do a quest for a divine or a priest of a divine being if I use an enchanted weapon for selfish reasons. The last one is tricky, since his morality is all over the place, but I manage.


    This post was edited by Asmodeus at May 3, 2017 11:53 AM EDT