Forums » Fallout

Far harbor, Nuka world or Automatron?

• 2 posts
    April 23, 2017 8:53 PM EDT

So what're your guy's favorite Story base dlc?

mine is easily Far harbor, not just for the story but for the new locations, old longfellow, enemies, badass new weapons and armor and factions (i guess you could call em that).

nuka world was awesome and so was automatron but they just werent completely my favorite. 

I would love to know your guy's opinion

• 152 posts
    April 24, 2017 8:42 AM EDT

I don't really have a set "favorite" of the three, however I do have favorite aspects of each one.

Far Harbor, obviously, was just so packed full of content coupled with an awesome setting so what's not to love? Plus the new creatures are really cool.

Nuka World has a pretty short storyline and the stuff it adds isn't for everyone; however it's cool because of the many different ways you can do things and play it out making it have fun replay value

Automatron I never even finished just because I don't enjoy fighting robots as much as the other enemies in the game, but the crafting was pretty frickin cool. 

• 248 posts
    April 24, 2017 9:28 AM EDT

I'm a total sucker for Far harbor. The 50s horror flick vibe, the quests, the super sea monsters, hunter's hood, harpoon gun, marine aromor, wetsuit....I could go on. 

The only thing I don't care for is the memory retrieval sequence in the main quest line. Otherwise, big fan.

• 152 posts
    April 24, 2017 10:31 AM EDT

Mottyskills said:

I'm a total sucker for Far harbor. The 50s horror flick vibe, the quests, the super sea monsters, hunter's hood, harpoon gun, marine aromor, wetsuit....I could go on. 

The only thing I don't care for is the memory retrieval sequence in the main quest line. Otherwise, big fan.

That stupid memory retrieval thing actually made me upset. Like literally it felt so pointless and irrelevant to what should be included in a Fallout game. Grrrrrrrr

• 248 posts
    April 24, 2017 12:30 PM EDT

The other thing I meant to include was just how good I thought the overall story of FH was...Looping Nick's story in with DIMA, making you choose a side and deal with the consequences (and rewards) of that choice and how there really isn't a "right" or black/white choice. 

But mostly, it's the vibe. Rolling through the fog only to find a bunch of ghouls watching creature from the black lagoon at a drive in or stumbling by a delivery truck stuffed with a hermit crab...that's the sort of cheeky stuff I love about fallout. 

• 277 posts
    April 24, 2017 1:06 PM EDT
    Far Harbor. The radioactive fog is a stroke of genius and delving into DiMA's memories was one of the most memorable experiences I had in Fallout.
    • 224 posts
    April 24, 2017 1:18 PM EDT

It is a tie between Far Harbor and Automatron. I love the feel and atmosphere of Far Harbor, the overall dark feeling, the bogs/swamps in it, and it reminds me of something from 1950's Horror movies, which I love and it introduces use to the 45-70 Lever action rifle which in real life is one of my favorites. I also love Automatron because it reminds me of the old 50's movies and shows about Robots, which again I love.

This post was edited by David at April 24, 2017 1:19 PM EDT
    • 55 posts
    April 24, 2017 2:07 PM EDT
    I will throw out a shout out for Nuka-World. If only because it gave me and the community the tools to have a lot more diversity in builds due to not just items and such but because it gives you a whole other settlement system, gangs, and other abilities that really throw new tools into our toolbox of build and story resources.......all that said Far Harbor is absolutely my personal favorite lol. As everyone has said the vibe, the setting, the items are ridculous, the factions are amazing (yay CoA!) and even the enemies are creative and interesting and you can tell Bethesda put the most effort into that DLC. Automotron is fun with robots and stuff but it is short and rather shallow esp compared to the other two.