Forums » Introduce Yourself

First post

• April 22, 2017 8:35 AM EDT
    Hello all,
    So I'm brand new here and this obviously my first post. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little about myself.
    I'm a 25 year old male from Alabama. I've been playing Elder Scrolls games since 2006 starting with Morrowind. RPGs are my favorite games. I currently play on XB1 but am hopfully going to switch over to PC as soon as I can't get another one that can properly run the game and support mods.

I joined the vault because I was wanting a community where the members' play styles went beyond just casual. After reading a few posts, it's pretty obvious that every person here is well versed in the lore and culture of TES games and it appears everyone kinda bands together to share their stories and help others get there most out of their play throughs. This is just the kind camaraderie I'm looking for.

Pretty soon I'll be posting a unique character build in the Roleplaying group. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you guys and getting your input. I may turn the character into a short story, it just kind depends on the build's reception.

At any rate, just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to being here.
    • 457 posts
    April 22, 2017 1:05 PM EDT

Welcome to the site DNaC (you SURE you're not a cop? I always feel a bit safer with one or two around patrolling the Vault... keeps folks in line xD).

The story corner folks will be thrilled to hear there's a potential newcomer... they're an encouraging group.

Now, to clear some confusion for me: are you submitting a character profile in the Role-playing group or a character build in the Character Building group Both are great, but because I spend most of my time in the CB group, I'd love to see your ideas turned into a build :D

One way or another, give a holler if you have any questions; I don't know everything, but I DO know the people who do ;D

This post was edited by ShinJin at April 22, 2017 1:06 PM EDT
    • 694 posts
    April 22, 2017 1:42 PM EDT

Welcome to the community, DNAC! Glad to have you with us. Like you, when I joined the site I was looking for a place where I could go deeper with discussions about lore and roleplaying, so I'm glad you found us and feel that way too! I think you'll fit right in here. :)

Roleplay is a great group, and as Shin suggests, we're also big fans of Character Building and hope you might be willing to share some of those ideas for characters into a playable road map with us. 

Again, welcome to the site. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I'm sending you a friend request. My inbox is always open should you need anything. :)

• 140 posts
    April 22, 2017 3:09 PM EDT

Hey, DNaC, good to have you with us!

Shin and Edana pretty much said it all, so I'll just give you links to both the Start Guide and Site Rules, both of which are worth a read. I've sent you a friend request, too. If you ever need help around here, please don't hesitate to send me a message, and I'll be glad to help in any way I can!

Once again, welcome to the Site, and hope you enjoy your time here!

• 284 posts
    April 23, 2017 4:21 AM EDT

Hello DNaC, welcome to the site!!!

I'm glad to see another join our Vault. Looking forward to seeing your build. The CB group is the biggest part of the Vault. I'm itching to see your work in The Story Corner as well if you're interested in writing.

Again, welcome to the site.

• 585 posts
    April 23, 2017 2:29 PM EDT

Welcome DNaC!

The camraderie aspect is definitely here, everyone helps each other out and generally has a good time, so I'm sure you'll fit in great here!

• 367 posts
    May 4, 2017 1:32 AM EDT

Awwwoooo DNAC

Can I recomend something to you? 

I may turn the character into a short story, it just kind depends on the build's reception.

Make a short story of it anyway. The thing with stories is you never know where they will take you and you don't know who you will meet on the way.

Now this does give builds and profiles a benefit. In the TSC, (The Story Corner) there is a section of stories which are based on builds. Now, if you had a few chapters of a story based upon the build then you could create a ToC in the Blogs section. (Table of Contents). These ToC's work as a hub for all your stories. In this you could add a link to your build/profile as the story is abased upon it. This way you give more coverage of your other work.