Forums » Fallout

The Secret of Cabot House

• 152 posts
    April 11, 2017 10:23 PM EDT

So today on my Raider King's hunt for another raider boss to take down, he found a certain Edward Deegan who needed help with a task that would be well rewarded For those of you who have not played through this side quest, I highly recommend you do as it is very cool and gives you some food for thought as to the existance of aliens in the world of Fallout :p

ANYWAYS, the main thing I want to address here is the split path reward for this quest. You have two options: Kill Lorenzo and recieve the "Lorenzo's Artifact Gun" (which Noodles excellently incorporated in his Nueromancer build) OR free Lorenzo to get an unlimted supply of the Mysterious Serum. So my question is: Which reward did you pick? Was your decision roleplay driven or purely because you think a few free vials of serum coupled with a sweet gun outweighs unlimited serum that you'll eventually forget to even bother picking up? Comment below!

For my character, after he executed his target, Lefty(the raider leader there)he chose the unlimited supply of Serum both because he had no qualms with helping a madman murder his family and the thought of eternal life was just too sweet to resist for a power hungry character

• 55 posts
    April 11, 2017 10:33 PM EDT

Serum because power, immortality (seemingly), power, oo and power are great roleplay options for most of my typical builds -insert raider build here- plus the bonus to strength is actually quite good from a gameplay perspective for any character swinging a melee weapon around vs a gun that I honestly have never actually used in over a thousand hours of gameplay minus a few shots to just test it out then stick it in a trunk forever lol.

• 152 posts
    April 12, 2017 8:53 AM EDT

Amornar said:

Serum because power, immortality (seemingly), power, oo and power are great roleplay options for most of my typical builds -insert raider build here- plus the bonus to strength is actually quite good from a gameplay perspective for any character swinging a melee weapon around vs a gun that I honestly have never actually used in over a thousand hours of gameplay minus a few shots to just test it out then stick it in a trunk forever lol.

I also find it quite fitting that there's another raider gang seeking serum that your evil/raider like builds would be pursuing so it's like one big fight for power which is a pretty sick roleplay. In the past I chose the gun and was too powerful/too much of a miser to ever use the free samples you can find lying around. Im pretty excited to go berserk tbh. Heads will roll...

• 55 posts
    April 12, 2017 8:58 AM EDT
    It's a great item for stacking for melee for big battles with big stuff....you'll see it mentioned in said context in a few weeks when my next build gets posted. :) Great to stack onto your deathclaw gauntlet wielding raider king too!
    • 152 posts
    April 12, 2017 10:33 AM EDT

Amornar said: It's a great item for stacking for melee for big battles with big stuff....you'll see it mentioned in said context in a few weeks when my next build gets posted. :) Great to stack onto your deathclaw gauntlet wielding raider king too!
    Can't wait for another Amornar Build! Question: does my character yell something badass when I use it? :D "Fucking killllll!!!!"

• 55 posts
    April 12, 2017 10:53 AM EDT
    lol I honestly don't remember....I kinda feel like they don't say anything sadly, but you would have to test it.
    • 700 posts
    April 13, 2017 12:51 PM EDT

The first time I did the quest, I didn't know what either reward did so I just went with what seemed like the best option and freed Lorenzo. I ended up just selling the serums and haven't completed it in favor of Lorenzo's Artifact gun yet. 

• 248 posts
    April 14, 2017 10:06 PM EDT

Ah yes - probably one of the best side quest lines in the games...with yet another "grey" decision to be made at the end. Truthfully, the serum is most useful for melee characters...because of the massive strength boost. Lorenzo's artifact is...idk fun-ish. I featured it in my "Glowing One" build because of the rad-sort-of vibe to it with nuclear physisict and the area effect is influenced by the demolitions perk. So you end up with a Unrelenting Force sort of weapon.

The other thing I will note is Lorenzo's Coat has a nice +2 CHR boost alongside access to the CHR bobblehead...so it can be a nice option for CHR charcaters as seen in Doc Fury. These things bring more options into the final decision. 

• 277 posts
    April 15, 2017 2:30 AM EDT

A psionic gun vs Fallout's idea of a Gatorade? It's not even a contest. I love using that pistol against groups of enemies, espcially ghouls. One shot from it and everyone is dragging themselves on their bellies trying to reach me.