Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dreaming of Tamriel

    • 64 posts
    March 30, 2017 5:01 PM EDT

    Since 2013. I have been playing the Elder Scrolls games like I was addicted to them, which I probably am. Anyway, playing a game like Skyrim for a long time and thinking about when not playing it can make you dream it.

     

    Last night, I had a dream that I was in Dawnstar, my second favorite place in Skyrim after Riverwood. I could move around the town and talk to people with them responding in their in - game voices.

     

    What I wanted to ask you is, do you dream of Tamriel? What is your dream about, where are you in that dream and what are you doing in it. And how hard do you want to punch the person that wakes you up from it.

  • March 30, 2017 6:23 PM EDT

    The only time I ever dreamed of I was in Tamriel was when I was working on my Red Fox build. My dream was that I was the Red Fox and I had just stolen a horse, getting chased by guards, and was heading towards Riften to rebuild the Thieves Guild and to help them gain their popularity back, it then skipped to where I had to kill Mercer Frey, and finally before I woke up I had completed the Twilight Sepulcher and before my eyes Nocturnal appeared and she asked for the Skeleton Key back, I gave it back to her, and I smiled for I had become a true Nightingale.

    I didn't want to punch anybody in the face though, because I woke because I hit my head on my wall.

    • 276 posts
    March 31, 2017 5:08 AM EDT

    Edwin the Skaal-King said:

    The only time I ever dreamed of I was in Tamriel was when I was working on my Red Fox build. My dream was that I was the Red Fox and I had just stolen a horse, getting chased by guards, and was heading towards Riften to rebuild the Thieves Guild and to help them gain their popularity back, it then skipped to where I had to kill Mercer Frey, and finally before I woke up I had completed the Twilight Sepulcher and before my eyes Nocturnal appeared and she asked for the Skeleton Key back, I gave it back to her, and I smiled for I had become a true Nightingale.

    I didn't want to punch anybody in the face though, because I woke because I hit my head on my wall.

    That sounds awesome man! Almost lucid, especially giving back the Skeleton Key to Nocturnal.

    • 108 posts
    March 31, 2017 6:13 AM EDT
    Interesting thread. I haven't actually dreamt in Tamriel yet, but not for lack of trying. See, I'm trying to learn lucid dreaming, and one of the dream "ideas" I have is to explore Tamriel as one of my characters. I haven't managed it yet, but it's something I've been trying to do for a while (as well as a few other lucid dream ideas I have).
  • March 31, 2017 7:46 AM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Edwin the Skaal-King said:

    The only time I ever dreamed of I was in Tamriel was when I was working on my Red Fox build. My dream was that I was the Red Fox and I had just stolen a horse, getting chased by guards, and was heading towards Riften to rebuild the Thieves Guild and to help them gain their popularity back, it then skipped to where I had to kill Mercer Frey, and finally before I woke up I had completed the Twilight Sepulcher and before my eyes Nocturnal appeared and she asked for the Skeleton Key back, I gave it back to her, and I smiled for I had become a true Nightingale.

    I didn't want to punch anybody in the face though, because I woke because I hit my head on my wall.

    That sounds awesome man! Almost lucid, especially giving back the Skeleton Key to Nocturnal.

    It was awesome and was the driving reason behind me finishing that build.

    • 64 posts
    March 31, 2017 8:34 AM EDT

    Tenebrous said: Interesting thread. I haven't actually dreamt in Tamriel yet, but not for lack of trying. See, I'm trying to learn lucid dreaming, and one of the dream "ideas" I have is to explore Tamriel as one of my characters. I haven't managed it yet, but it's something I've been trying to do for a while (as well as a few other lucid dream ideas I have).

     

    I've been learning lucid dreaming for three months now. I just love it when I have lucid dreams, be it about Tamriel or not.

    • 108 posts
    March 31, 2017 12:42 PM EDT
    @D3LTAFOX What's your lucid technique, if any? Nothing I've found works for me.
    This post was edited by Tenebrous at March 31, 2017 12:42 PM EDT
    • 276 posts
    March 31, 2017 5:03 PM EDT

    D3LTAFOX said:

    I've been learning lucid dreaming for three months now. I just love it when I have lucid dreams, be it about Tamriel or not.

    You can learn how to do that?! Sign me up mate. any tips you could give us?

    • 108 posts
    March 31, 2017 5:09 PM EDT
    @Zonnonn Yeah, it's a skill like any other. Unfortunately, I suck at learning new skills. Still, theres an abundance of techniques and tricks to get yourself in that state. These are everything from mental training to supplements to even specific audio tones. A quick Google Search does wonders, here's a site I use a lot in my learning: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-techniques.html
    This post was edited by Tenebrous at March 31, 2017 5:09 PM EDT
    • 64 posts
    March 31, 2017 5:16 PM EDT

    I found these tips on Google.

    -right after you wake up from a dream, write it down in a dream journal.

    -you have to realize that you're in a dream, and also learn how to keep yourself from getting to excited and accidently waking up. You can make your dream self rub hands or pinch yourself to calm down.

    -right before you fall asleep, keep thinking about your dream and keep saying to yourself that you will have a lucid dream.

     

    These are the techniques I use and I have lucid dreams two or three times a month, sometimes more. The thing is that it's not easy to learn and you can't have lucid dreams every night so don't give up after two weeks. I spent a whole month before getting my first lucid dream.

    • 276 posts
    April 1, 2017 1:24 PM EDT

    Cheers guys! Just had a quick gander and it all looks easy enough, so I'll definitely give it a try. Who knows, I might have some Tamriel dreams to report back.

    • 415 posts
    April 1, 2017 3:04 PM EDT
    I once had a dream where i was in coldharbor. Thats literally all i remember about it.