Forums » Elder Scrolls

Tamriel's Industrial Era

• 284 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:39 AM EDT

Since Assassin's Creed Syndicate came out, I've been thinking how awesome it would be to see the continent of Tamriel at the dawn of the industrial age.

Just imagine, walking up to Dawnstar and looking at it's steel producing factory's or the giant mechanized lumber mill's of Riverwood.

Do you think that this is Tamriel's future? Could the people of Tamriel create this by themselves or with the help of the Dwemer technology?

Leave your answer below.

• 140 posts
    March 14, 2017 9:30 AM EDT

I could see a Tamrielic Industrial Age being possible, but quite unlikely. It would definitely be a unique setting for a game (I cant think of any other Fantasy-Industrial games out there), but I just don't see the two fitting together very well. The Dwemer are probably as advanced as any of the races will get technology-wise, and I just don't see anyone else replicating what they did, at least any time soon. Maybe in about the 15th Era or so, but definitely not soon.

But like I said, it could very well be possible. I just don't see it, though (Feel free to convince me otherwise!).

• 284 posts
    March 14, 2017 9:39 AM EDT

I think that Tamriel should stay the way it is as well, but a spin off game in the industrial age would be awesome.

• 295 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:08 PM EDT

I actually think Tamriel was more advanced in past eras and that the fourth Era Tamriel we see in Skyrim reflects a bit of a technological regression of sorts, the kind that happens after a series of major disasters happen. Not industrial era advanced, but significantly more advanced than they are now. Based on the progress of the Dwemer, I think that if they were still ticking come fourth era, we'd be beyond the industrial age. 

• 122 posts
    March 14, 2017 8:21 PM EDT
    I suspect, based on what a General Tullius says, that Skyrim is also something of a backward region. It may very well be that Cyrodil has progressed much further in terms of science and civilization, but that Skyrim has either fought change due to its staunch traditionalism or is too far from the beaten path for change tkmhave reached it.