Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who is your favorite character in the Elder Scrolls series?

• 140 posts
    March 14, 2017 10:16 AM EDT

No one mentioned Sheogorath yet? I'm a bit surprised.

• 457 posts
    March 14, 2017 11:36 AM EDT

Overhate said:

Gaiden Shinji :P

My name is ShinJin and I approve this message ;D

• 224 posts
    March 14, 2017 2:35 PM EDT

Caesar said:

No one mentioned Sheogorath yet? I'm a bit surprised.

That is a good point, and I just noticed that as well. Maybe it is because I said character and not Prince, even though they are included.

• 122 posts
    March 14, 2017 3:26 PM EDT
    Probably Martin Septim. He was the illigitmate son of Uriel Septim, and unaware of that fact for most of his life. He dabbled in daedric rites and magics as a younger man until a horrible accident, at which point he rededicated himself to being a priest of Akatosh.

Even then, however, he was far from being useless. He organized a defense in his temple when Kvatch was decimated in the Oblivion Crisis, and he put his occult knowledge back to use when it became needed to save the realm.

Martin was courageous, intelligent, caring, and very human. Ultimately, he sacrificed everything to force Mehrunes Dagon from Nirn.
    • 490 posts
    March 14, 2017 3:56 PM EDT
    Pelinal Whitestrake. Dude was basically (allegedly at times) a homicidal maniac set out to rip the shit our of Ayleids and any other elves that stood in the way of independence and freedom of the enslaved men.

Plus the whole "he might be a time traveling cyborg" which is hilarious...
    • 224 posts
    March 15, 2017 6:54 PM EDT

Mercurias said: Probably Martin Septim. He was the illigitmate son of Uriel Septim, and unaware of that fact for most of his life. He dabbled in daedric rites and magics as a younger man until a horrible accident, at which point he rededicated himself to being a priest of Akatosh.

Even then, however, he was far from being useless. He organized a defense in his temple when Kvatch was decimated in the Oblivion Crisis, and he put his occult knowledge back to use when it became needed to save the realm.

Martin was courageous, intelligent, caring, and very human. Ultimately, he sacrificed everything to force Mehrunes Dagon from Nirn.

I have to say this is the first time I have seen someone say something positive about Martin. My findings through various other forums most people kinda bash him and call him an idiot.

Henson said: Pelinal Whitestrake. Dude was basically (allegedly at times) a homicidal maniac set out to rip the shit our of Ayleids and any other elves that stood in the way of independence and freedom of the enslaved men. Plus the whole "he might be a time traveling cyborg" which is hilarious...

Yeah, he is pretty popular among people, and I have to agree the whole cyborg thing is funny, and there is even a theory about him being connected to the Fallout Universe.

• 25 posts
    March 18, 2017 4:12 PM EDT

Teldryn Sero. With the exception of quest-forced followers, Teldryn has been my sole companion (yes, companion not follower) for 26 levels (306 in-game hours). He has an interesting backstory and is a fascinating, multi-faceted character.

As "the best swordsman in all Morrowind," Teldryn is a powerful fighter. I've seen him almost single-handedly take down a dragon at Ancient's Ascent when my character, Estelle, fired only two Elven arrows and then stood back to watch and see what Teldryn was capable of. Needless to say, he took down the dragon by means of his "swords, spells and a few other tricks up his sleeves," specifically by jumping on the dragon's head and repeatedly stabbing it with his blade.

In another instance, Teldryn proved that he was "worth every coin" when we were confronted by a Draugr Deathlord wielding an Ebony bow in Lost Valkygg. Estelle had gotten injured and retreated back to a previous room in order to heal. Instead of retreating with her, Teldryn stayed to fight. When Estelle returned to the room she found that Teldryn had defeated the Draugr Deathlord and obtained the Ebony bow, which he graciously gave to her probably because he was "glad that he was finally traveling with someone who seems competent."

Teldryn is an attentive companion, encouraging me to "lead on," and won't hesitate to reassure me that he's "right behind" me, often showing his concern by telling me "not to get too far ahead." In fact if asked to wait he tells me to "make it quick [since he] doesn't like this waiting game," showing that he's more than eager to rejoin me.

While traveling throughout Skyrim and Solstheim, it's evident that Teldryn is intelligent and curious, such as wondering "what Markarth must have looked like when the Dwarves were living here" or noticing that "the Telvanni are amazing [with] what they've grown from the ash."

Admittedly, Teldryn can sometimes be a tad sarcastic and I often wonder what's going through his mind in Riften which "looks exactly as he pictured" and I suspect that he doesn't really find "the fabled College of Winterhold...Amazing."

This post was edited by GailOlm at March 18, 2017 4:33 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    March 20, 2017 6:06 AM EDT

^ Respect to the Teldryn love :D

I have been giving serious thought to this question for the last couple of weeks, and while Glarthir, Lucy LaChance, and the Adoring Fan hold a fond place of contempt in my heart and so hard not to choose one of them, I think in all seriousness I can only choose Alessia or Morihaus. I have yet to decide between them but Al-Esh is edging it right now.

• 627 posts
    March 20, 2017 6:59 AM EDT

I'd have to go with Martin Septim, our one and only Emperor.

• 743 posts
    March 20, 2017 8:58 AM EDT

Ulfric Stormcloak and Serana. Ulfric because he's actually a damned leader, and Serana because what's not to like about her?

• 39 posts
    June 22, 2017 4:44 PM EDT

Hmm... Okay so hear me out before tearing me apart.

Lydia is my go-to follower for all my favorite "tanky" builds. She has been with me through thick and thin. Her snarkiness can be annoying but anyone worth knowing will at one point in time be annoying. She is severely underappreciated because of a single line of dialogue. "I'm sworn to carry your burdens." First, Who wouldn't be tired of carrying all those dragon bones and dragon scales, not to mention all the heavier loot that the Dragonborn just can't be bothered to carry. Second, Lydia is sworn to your service. Whether this is her choice or not is left unclear. It could be that she signed up to be a guard and Balgruff was just like screw it. Lydia, go with him. Thirdly, We really aren't given enough information about her to base any credible relationship besides that which is roleplayed or written. 

I've said all of this to say. Lydia is my favorite.

[Edit: I'm disgusted that I backed out on my love for Lydia at the end so I changed it back to its original form before I had posted it]

This post was edited by RuinedCrown at June 22, 2017 6:13 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    June 22, 2017 5:13 PM EDT

RuinedCrown said:

Hmm... Okay so hear me out before tearing me apart.

Lydia is my go-to follower for all my favorite "tanky" builds. She has been with me through thick and thin. Her snarkiness can be annoying but anyone worth knowing will at one point in time be annoying. She is severely underappreciated because of a single line of dialogue. "I'm sworn to carry your burdens." First, Who wouldn't be tired of carrying all those dragon bones and dragon scales, not to mention all the heavier loot that the Dragonborn just can't be bothered to carry. 

I'm glad you said that, Ruined Crown, as I have a soft spot for Lyds too. When Skyrim was new and jarls and draugr were new and exciting, Lydia showed us what a housecarl meant and gladly acted as a test dummy as we practiced our new Unrelenting Force shout. Years later, she's hotter than ever and her dialouge has been tweaked a little. Now she reminds me to "pull it all the way back in order to get the most power from each shot." In appreciation of this Thane's favourite Housecarl, here's Lydia looking horny in some kinky armour as she holds open the tent in invitation:

This post was edited by Paws at June 22, 2017 5:14 PM EDT
  • June 22, 2017 6:36 PM EDT
    Frandar Hunding. Divad the Singer. Allena Benoch. All grade-A badasses. Actually the first two are like grade-SSS badasses.
    • 1595 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:07 PM EDT

I see a common element in your faves there Fenes :D I'm playing as Benoch now as it happens, can't remember now if it was you or Twisted Orthrus who first suggested that. 

• June 22, 2017 7:11 PM EDT
    You falling for a Bosmer, Phil? :p I've talked about Lady Benoch a few times, but I wouldn't be surprised if Twisted threw around the idea of making a build for her.

What blade you using? Blades or Ebony Blade, I assume? She seems the picky sort.
    • 1595 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:20 PM EDT

Matt Feeney said: You falling for a Bosmer, Phil? :p I've talked about Lady Benoch a few times, but I wouldn't be surprised if Twisted threw around the idea of making a build for her. What blade you using? Blades or Ebony Blade, I assume? She seems the picky sort.

Falling for the most un-Bosmer multi-cultural Bosmer I can :D Heavy Armour, Two Handed, fuck the Greenpact... Umm, I haven't gotten to Sky Haven yet, but when I do I want to play with: 

There's a couple more TES IV Blades-themed mods, but this beauty is what I am after.

• 34 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:23 PM EDT

I would be curious to know more details of this build, personally...

• 1595 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:32 PM EDT

Solyeuse said:

I would be curious to know more details of this build, personally...

Thanks Solyeuse :) I was tempted to make a Modder's Log for her, so you might have given me the kick I needed to make that happen.