-Altmer

-Nord

-Redguard

-Breton

-Bosmer

-Imperial

• 136 posts
    February 27, 2017 9:51 AM EST

1. Dunmer. They are basically a "F*** you. We're doing our own thing" race. They said 'eff you to Trinimac, the Aldmer, the Dwemer, all modern races, and to the Daedra! 

2. Nord (a close second). Specifically, I like ancient Nord history, culture, and mythology. The book, Children of the Sky, intrigues me; and, depending on what books you read, Kyne appears to be a very intimate, personal goddess.

3. Imperial. I like the confluence of the Colovians and the Nibenese and can see their respective historical, cultural influences in the race known as Imperial. They civilized and united (for bad or for good) Tamriel on a number of occasions. "The Empire is Law. The Law is Sacred."

4. Redguard. ESO gave me a serious appreciation for this race, it's mythology, it's (virtual) worship of swordsmanship, and it's warrior spirit. If you haven't walked the sands of the Alik'r Desert, you are missing out on something amazing. "The Jundland Wastes are not to be travelled lightly." - wait, wrong story. Still applies, though.

5. Khajiit. Far from the petty thieves and Skooma dealers that are presented in TES 5, this race is powerful, honorable, and extremely noble. One of my favorite experiences in ESO is watching the appointment of the new Mane and going through the 12-person trial, Maw of Lorkhaj. Those Dro m'Athra!

6. Altmer. To be specific, the Altmer of the Second and Third Eras. And not the Thalmor - in any era.

7. Bosmer. What's there not to like about a canabalistic tree-hugger? Okay, quite a bit, depending on your persuasions. I LOVE Valenwood, and Bosmer architecture is very unique. In ESO, I will sometimes take the longer path through Malabal Tor and Grahtwood just to take in the sights and sounds of the jungle.

8. Breton. They're lower on my list because, meh, Medieval feudalism - seen it too many times in games. Rivenspire, however, is amazing.

9. Argonian. I almost felt bad putting this so low. They do make great test subjects for my Telvanni....You know what? My next character in ESO will be an Argonian and I'll work through all the Argonian-specific quests to gain a better appreciation for the little tree-lickers.

10. Orsimer. I dunno. They never clicked for me. They have an interesting history, but I just never got into them very much.

This post was edited by The_Lex at February 27, 2017 10:05 AM EST
    • 694 posts
    February 27, 2017 10:09 AM EST

Patriarch said:

1. Dunmer. They are basically a "F*** you. We're doing our own thing" race. They said 'eff you to Trinimac, the Aldmer, the Dwemer, all modern races, and to the Daedra! 

2. Nord (a close second). Specifically, I like ancient Nord history, culture, and mythology. The book, Children of the Sky, intrigues me; and, depending on what books you read, Kyne appears to be a very intimate, personal goddess.

3. Imperial. I like the confluence of the Colovians and the Nibenese and can see their respective historical, cultural influences in the race known as Imperial. They civilized and united (for bad or for good) Tamriel on a number of occasions. "The Empire is Law. The Law is Sacred."

4. Redguard. ESO gave me a serious appreciation for this race, it's mythology, it's (virtual) worship of swordsmanship, and it's warrior spirit. If you haven't walked the sands of the Alik'r Desert, you are missing out on something amazing. "The Jundland Wastes are not to be travelled lightly." - wait, wrong story. Still applies, though.

5. Khajiit. Far from the petty thieves and Skooma dealers that are presented in TES 5, this race is powerful, honorable, and extremely noble. One of my favorite experiences in ESO is watching the appointment of the new Mane and going through the 12-person trial, Maw of Lorkhaj. Those Dro m'Athra!

6. Altmer. To be specific, the Altmer of the Second and Third Eras. And not the Thalmor - in any era.

7. Bosmer. What's there not to like about a canabalistic tree-hugger? Okay, quite a bit, depending on your persuasions. I LOVE Valenwood, and Bosmer architecture is very unique. In ESO, I will sometimes take the longer path through Malabal Tor and Grahtwood just to take in the sights and sounds of the jungle.

8. Breton. They're lower on my list because, meh, Medieval feudalism - seen it too many times in games. Rivenspire, however, is amazing.

9. Argonian. I almost felt bad putting this so low. They do make great test subjects for my Telvanni....You know what? My next charcater in ESO will be an Argonian and I'll work through all the Argonian-specific quests to gain a better appreciation for the little tree-lickers.

10. Orsimer. I dunno. They never clicked for me. They have an interesting history, but I just never got into them very much.

I'm dead. xD

This response is made my morning. I actually made an Argonian in ESO yesterday killing some time and testing somethings out and, you know... in just a couple hours of playing I had grown quite attached. And this is coming from someone whose list would probably mimic your own pretty closely. :) When you give it a go let me know what you think. :D

• 136 posts
    February 27, 2017 10:14 AM EST

Edana said:

Patriarch said:

9. Argonian. I almost felt bad putting this so low. They do make great test subjects for my Telvanni....You know what? My next charcater in ESO will be an Argonian and I'll work through all the Argonian-specific quests to gain a better appreciation for the little tree-lickers.

I'm dead. xD

This response is made my morning. I actually made an Argonian in ESO yesterday killing some time and testing somethings out and, you know... in just a couple hours of playing I had grown quite attached. And this is coming from someone whose list would probably mimic your own pretty closely. :) When you give it a go let me know what you think. :D

Glad I could give you a laugh to start the day! Jokes aside, Argonians in ESO have some great passives. I look forward to tromping around the marshy, mucky Shadowfen. lol

• 743 posts
    February 27, 2017 10:59 AM EST

I'm gonna copy Pat's layout for this

1. Bretons: Badass elvish humans that also have a knack for espionage and stealth. Diplomacy runs through their veins. Probably the most underrated race in TES.

2. Nords: Vikings that are fighting for independence, need I say any more? 

3. Imperial: As a history buff, I'm inclined to be drawn towards the Imperials. Their roman inspired culture is fascinating. But fuck their recent pussy behavior. 

4. Redguard: Swords are my favorite weapons in TES, and the Redguards' focus on swordsmanship makes them extremely appealing. That and they're fucking up the Thalmor.

5. Wood Elves: As a huge Tolkien fan, I'm biased to have wood elves as my favorite elven race. They're a classic ranger with a hint of magic. As Pat said, Valenwood is nothing short of gorgeous. 

6. Khajiit: Overrated as hell. Sure, they're stealthy and cunning; but they're gullible and overall morons. The cat folk fell in with the Dominion and believed that the Altmer actually saved them with the moon incident. Nothing but mere sheep that look cool.

7. Dark Elves: Don't know much about their culture, but their architecture is brilliant. The Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood rivalry is simply badass, Morrowind is extremely interesting, and ESO makes it look even better.

8. Orcs: An annoyingly stupid race. However, they remind me quite a bit of the Orcs in LOTR, so they are pretty cool in that regard. 

9. Argonians: I see no appeal with lizard men. Probably the most overrated race in TES. Nothing about their lore interests me remotely.

10. High Elves: Fuck the Dominion. Fuck the Thalmor. Fuck their arrogant personalities. They're called High Elves for a reason. 

This post was edited by Rogue at February 27, 2017 11:00 AM EST
    • 284 posts
    February 27, 2017 6:24 PM EST

1. Altmer - The direct descendants of the Ehlnofex. What's not to love?

2. Nord - Great sword and board race.

3. Bosmer - Because I like Legolas.

4. Khajiit - Because of my cat which I loved. RIP.

5. Argonian - The Lizard-People really rule the world.

6. Imperial - I like the Roman Empire.

7. Redguard - I like desert people.

8. Breton - Damn half-men half-mer.

9. Dunmer - They betrayed the Altmer.

10. Orsimer - They are not real mer.

NOTE: Did not mean to offend Dunmers and Orcs on this site. I know some and they are awesome. Also, just because the Altmer is my favorite race, it does not mean that I'm a Thalmor loving fascist. I HATE the Thalmor and would see them burn for what they did to Alinor and the Altmer race as a whole.

This post was edited by DeltaFox at February 27, 2017 6:34 PM EST
    • 585 posts
    February 28, 2017 6:34 AM EST

Agh, this list is hard. For me it comes down to if I want to (or can justify) play a Khajiit. If so, they're No. 1, but it not they're near the bottoms, with every other race floating about with no real order.

• 288 posts
    February 28, 2017 6:41 AM EST

1.Nord

2.Nord

3.Nord

4.Nord

5.Nord

6....well, you get the idea :P

• 558 posts
    February 28, 2017 12:31 PM EST

Overhate said:

1.Nord

2.Nord

3.Nord

4.Nord

5.Nord

6....well, you get the idea :P

Nord... Must be some ethnic term for "Altmer".

• 224 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:52 AM EST

1. Altmer

2. Breton

3. Imperial

4. Nord

5. Khajiit

6. Orc

7. Redguard

8. Nord

9. Bosmer

10. Dunmer

This post was edited by David at May 17, 2017 5:53 PM EDT
    • 39 posts
    March 5, 2017 1:49 PM EST

1) Altmer

2) Nord

3) Orc

4) Imperial

5) Breton

6)Bosmer

7)Dunmer

8)Redguard

9)Khajiit

10)Argonian... Stupid looking things

• 284 posts
    March 5, 2017 2:37 PM EST

Be carefull, Blacklight. You'll get on Sotek's bad side with the argonian rank. :)

• 104 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:04 AM EST

Dunmer: Kings of the heap for me, their history and look makes them my number 1

Argonian: Kings of the Hist anyone who gets high on tree sap without going into business selling it class act.

Altmer: my favourite spell weavers, a little up their own asses with their snotty attitude

Redguard: the dessert camel riders, yes lots of stamina, not my kind of race.

wood elf: tree huggers one and all, stealth/archery? not for me.

Nords: big, heavy, blonde and in Skyrim the racist attitude lets them down.

Breton: man mer mix that should never have happened I mean what use are they

Imperial: great at buying and selling apples useless as warriors.

Orc: The pig warriors of the wrothgaran mountains, great at making armour but their look 

Khajiit: well whenever I see one I just want to go, here kitty kitty and pet the hell out of it, I love it when my cats purr.

• 39 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:13 AM EST

Bonelord said:

Dunmer: Kings of the heap for me, their history and look makes them my number 1

Argonian: Kings of the Hist anyone who gets high on tree sap without going into business selling it class act.

Altmer: my favourite spell weavers, a little up their own asses with their snotty attitude

Redguard: the dessert camel riders, yes lots of stamina, not my kind of race.

wood elf: tree huggers one and all, stealth/archery? not for me.

Nords: big, heavy, blonde and in Skyrim the racist attitude lets them down.

Breton: man mer mix that should never have happened I mean what use are they

Imperial: great at buying and selling apples useless as warriors.

Orc: The pig warriors of the wrothgaran mountains, great at making armour but their look 

Khajiit: well whenever I see one I just want to go, here kitty kitty and pet the hell out of it, I love it when my cats purr.

Nothing would make me happier than being able to pet Khajiit's when you see them. I am writing to Bethesda. They must see this.

• 39 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:14 AM EST

D3LTAFOX said:

Be carefull, Blacklight. You'll get on Sotek's bad side with the argonian rank. :)

Oh yes, I forgot about Sotek. Sorry :P lol

• 6 posts
    March 24, 2017 3:42 AM EDT
    1. Altmer. Tall, want to get rid of Man.
    2. Redguard. Cool name, curved swords, probably the best lore.
    3. Khajiit. Cats.
    4. Argonian. Scales.
    5. Dunmer.
    6. Orc. Malacath drag them down.
    7. Breton. Meh...
    8. Bosmer. ???
    9. Nord. Uncivilized savages, bad guys of TES.
    • 22 posts
    April 8, 2017 1:38 AM EDT

1.Imperial - These guys have had to deal with some stupid crap over the years that I kinda just feel sorry for them... Plus they're one of the best races build wise

2.Bretons - Screw you Breton haters, these guys are amazing and have a far more interesting and mysterious culture than many other races. *Cough* Altmer *Cough*

3.Bosmer - As Patriarch said above "What's not to like about a cannablistic tree-hugger?". Enough said!

4.Khajiit - Nostalgia mostly, first character I ever played was a Khajiit...

5.Dunmer - These guys are just pretty cool.

6.Redguard - Never understood the huge appeal to these guys. They aren't trash so why not?

7.Argonian - Embarisingly enough, never in my 500+ hours of playing Skyrim have I EVER played an Argonian. I know, I'm sorry...

8.Orsimer - Too brute force for my tastes and look awkward when trying to do anything else.

9.Altmer - The Thalmor suck. Most Altmer are annoying. Lore is annoying. I. Don't. Like. These. Guys.

10.Nords - Racist, annoying voices, unintelligent, racist, rude, there current leader is a Thalmor sleeper agent, racist, and to top it all off... Racist! Like the Altmer for me but about 50x worse.

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:40 PM EDT

1. Khajiit because Meow

2. Everyone else because no Meow

• 649 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:46 PM EDT

InnocentKhajiit said:

1. Khajiit because Meow

2. Everyone else because no Meow

"This orchard has sentimental value to me," said Mojhad, the Khajiit, to his friend, Hasillid. "Under that tree, for example, is where I first made love. And that tree, is where her mother stood, watching us."

"She watched you while you made love to her daughter?" said Hasillid, clearly impressed. "Didn't she say anything?"

"Meow."

• 278 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:49 PM EDT

Such is the way of the Khajiiti People. They will watch their own children make love to a random person, and call it a blessing, then make a wierd sexual noise that just happens to be a cat noise. 

Also, they put drugs on their food. So, yeah.

• 12 posts
    May 15, 2017 10:19 AM EDT

1-Altmer

2-Dunmer

3-Imperial

4-Breton

5-Bosmer

6-Redguard

7-Orsimer

8-Khajiit

9-Argonian

10-Nord

• 127 posts
    May 17, 2017 5:36 PM EDT

Nord - Since I picked up Skyrim the second time, I've found myself absolutely fascinated by these guys and their culture.

Altmer - The first love I had in Skyrim, a glorious barbarian-style man swinging his elven warhammer.  Sure, screw the Thalmor, but I just love the way these guys look and act better than everyone else.

Orc - Oblivion sold me on these guys, and the Strongholds made them a strong contender for second place, but the Altmer just won out.

Breton - My first ever character in a TES game was a Breton, and his foes fell at his feet with ease.  Sure, their culture ain't so hot to me, but they get representation for me just because of that one character.

Imperial - Romans in fantasy land, smooth talkers and healers.  I like 'em.

Bosmer - Good for archery and eating people, which always has it's place in my book.

Khajiit - When I want to punch things, I call on these guys.  And the way they speak is fun.

Redguard - They're alright I suppose - not too acquainted with their lore, hence their low rating.

Argonian - Never played one, never had the urge.  Over 1000 hours in Skyrim, not one second has been spent as an Argonian.  Over 500 in Oblvion, maybe two minutes before I realised they just couldn't look good.

Dunmer - Even less time in game as a Dunmer.  They hold no damn appeal to me in the slightest.

• 224 posts
    May 17, 2017 5:51 PM EDT

Joshua Primrose said:

Nord - Since I picked up Skyrim the second time, I've found myself absolutely fascinated by these guys and their culture.

Altmer - The first love I had in Skyrim, a glorious barbarian-style man swinging his elven warhammer.  Sure, screw the Thalmor, but I just love the way these guys look and act better than everyone else.

Orc - Oblivion sold me on these guys, and the Strongholds made them a strong contender for second place, but the Altmer just won out.

Breton - My first ever character in a TES game was a Breton, and his foes fell at his feet with ease.  Sure, their culture ain't so hot to me, but they get representation for me just because of that one character.

Imperial - Romans in fantasy land, smooth talkers and healers.  I like 'em.

Bosmer - Good for archery and eating people, which always has it's place in my book.

Khajiit - When I want to punch things, I call on these guys.  And the way they speak is fun.

Redguard - They're alright I suppose - not too acquainted with their lore, hence their low rating.

Argonian - Never played one, never had the urge.  Over 1000 hours in Skyrim, not one second has been spent as an Argonian.  Over 500 in Oblvion, maybe two minutes before I realised they just couldn't look good.

Dunmer - Even less time in game as a Dunmer.  They hold no damn appeal to me in the slightest.

The fact Breton and Altmer are in the top 5 and Dunmer are last makes me like this list.

• 15 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:55 PM EDT

1. Altmer

2. Orc

3. Khajit

4. Argonian

5. Nord

6. Imperials

7. Bosmer

8. Breton

9. Dunmer

10. Redguards

• 39 posts
    June 16, 2017 9:28 PM EDT

1. Nord (I have been obsessed with Nords and their culture for a while... My arch-class with this race is Warrior (generally one-handed), but have played a Mage and Assassin, and have plans for Thief pacifist soon)

2. Dunmer (This race was number one for the longest time but when I got into Nordic culture it had to fall but not very far. I have always played as Dunmeri Assassins and Thieves but have also played a warrior or two. Suprisingly I have yet to play as a Dunmer mage; Might have to do that real quick)

3. Argonian (This one was a very slow relationship, and only recently passed up Redguard. The Ebonheart Pact might've affected this one just a bit, but Argonians are the easiest to do a 100% run on. In terms of it making sense to me, that is.)

4. Redguard (Basically a bunch of badass warriors but make suprisingly good thieves...Ravyn is my favorite thief/mercenary ever and she alone raised this race to 4)

5. Imperial (Love playing the loyal legionaire or a battlemage.)

6. Orsimer (See beginning of #4)

7. Bosmer (Sneak Archery)

8. Breton (Overhyped)

9. Altmer (Freaking Thalmor ruined them for me)

10. Khajiit (A bunch of high cats that follow the Altmeri because of a disease...no thanks...)