Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your most epic moment in Skyrim?

• 284 posts
    February 23, 2017 7:05 PM EST

A few days ago, I was going through the Dawnguard questline again, for the fifth time. Anyways, I was traveling with Serana and Inigo and we encountereda blood dragon on my way to Castle Volkihar to kill Harkon. A few moments later I saw a word wall nearby and another dragon on it. We atacked the other dragon as well.

Fire was everywhere and arrows were flying through the air. I called Odahving and we managed to take down the two dragons. I've got a new shout and an epic memory.

What is your's epic moment? Looking forward to your tales. :)

• 122 posts
    February 24, 2017 10:34 AM EST
    The other day, I was playing a Skyrim version of Rilvald, my group's event profile, and was staring down Harkon. I remembered, right as the fight was about to hit a loss for me, that I'd just leveled up and had a perk waiting for me alongside a full heal.

I also realized I had one more trick up my sleeve.

With my last perk point, I grabbed Mage Armor, then immediately swapped back and made use of my All-Maker Stones to send a werebear at Harkon, heal myself, and nosedive my Magicka costs. I then discarded my gauntlets and boots, which were all the armor this ex-Vigilant wore, and dual-cast Ebony Skin, then Stendarr's Aura.

Then I shouted all three words of Dragon Aspect, ran a ways away, and shouted Slow Time.

Then I unleashed the Beast.

A glowing werewolf with massively increased armor and dragon's talons blurred into life, bull-charged Harkon, and showed him what a REAL monster was capable of when his back was to the wall.

The vampire lord didn't stand a chance.

After, Rilvald returned to the Companions, finished their questline, and purged himself of the filth he'd infected himself with, then wandered to the nearest group of the Vigil, carrying Hircine's Ring, and goaded the true faithful, who never fell the way he had, into granting him Stendarr's justice.

To him, it was a mercy.
    • 284 posts
    February 24, 2017 1:40 PM EST

That is pretty awesome, bro! :D

I knew that there are some epic moments out there.

• 261 posts
    February 24, 2017 4:29 PM EST

Taking on a dragon priest at level 15 back when I first started playing. Lydia and I fought the lich head-on, and eventually laid it low with my Orcish Warhammer and Lydia's arrows. Not much else to tell, but it felt incredible when it happened.

• 284 posts
    February 24, 2017 5:31 PM EST

I had my share of Dragon Priest battles and I have to tell you, taking one on at a low level is the same as suicide.

I remember my first encounter with them. I was walking up a mountain that I planned to explore for a month. I got to the top and saw  a word wall with no dragon on it. I was like "Yes! Free shout."

And then I saw the bloody coffin open.

Let's just say that I had to reload at the last save, all the way back at the gates of Whiterun. It will forever go down in history as my first Skyrim death.

• 122 posts
    February 25, 2017 8:15 AM EST
    Fought one on my Heavy Armored Orc Archer at level four or so. My companion had been loaded down with food for healing, which helped him tank the Priest while I filled him full of arrows from a distance. At 50% health my companion's food ran dry, and he hit the floor, so I popped a Fortify Archery potion I'd crafted earlier along with Berserk, then unloaded arrows on him and dodged spells until he dropped.

Dragon Priests are difficult for a lot of builds, but usually killable with the right contingency planning. Werewolf and Vampire Lord forms are actually extremely good for killing Dragon Priests. Vamp Lords are powerful spellcasters with summons the priest can't turn, and Werewolves can just ragdoll them nonstop.