Forums » Fallout

Legendary Farming: Yay or Nay?

• 248 posts
    February 7, 2017 1:13 PM EST

So I had this character I tried to build...probably the 3rd one back over a year ago. But the whole premise revolved around getting an Explosive Minigun. Which, as you likely know, cannot be obtained by any known spawn/vendor/etc. Why would I want such a specific item, you might wonder? Please enjoy this carnage filled video for the answer:

But a year later, I never did commit to farming for this beautiful beast. Too time consuming. Too much luck involved. In fact, I've never farmed for a speicifc item. I prefer to let Lady luck do her bidding in the wasteland. UNTIL NOW! I'm loading up that old character and dammit, I'm farming an explosive minigun!

So the question is: Have you ever tried it? Ever been successful? What were you trying to get?

A few notes, yes there are MODS that make farming pointless. But, cmon now...where the fun in that? 

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this excellent off site post.

This post was edited by Mottyskills at February 7, 2017 6:45 PM EST
    • 152 posts
    February 7, 2017 2:23 PM EST

I've never done it personally, I see Legendary affects as a pleasant surprise if they happen to match to a weapon I am using. It sounds horrendous though. As someone who has played Warframe and had to farm the same 15 minute mission over 40 times, I officially despise all farming in any game. But for an explosive minigun? That's a worthy cause

• 248 posts
    February 7, 2017 6:50 PM EST

MaddMannatee said:

I've never done it personally, I see Legendary affects as a pleasant surprise if they happen to match to a weapon I am using. It sounds horrendous though. As someone who has played Warframe and had to farm the same 15 minute mission over 40 times, I officially despise all farming in any game. But for an explosive minigun? That's a worthy cause

I'm with you on the "pleasant surprise" factor. In fact, I once penned a proposal for an "alternative start" surrounding this very idea.

• 152 posts
    February 7, 2017 9:29 PM EST

Oh yeah! I actually read that post, very sweet ideas! Maybe once I have break from all these creative ideas for character builds that keep popping in my head I'll give it a try