Forums » Fallout

Power Armor

• 215 posts
    February 4, 2017 8:14 PM EST

How viable is PA for a "whole game" playthrough?  Do you have the ability to find enough fusion cores?  Do you need to really wait to a certain level range to do this? 

• 152 posts
    February 5, 2017 11:14 AM EST

I believe there are already a few Character Builds that have power armor use from start to finish and they highlight some early level places to find some. I'm not very fond of power armor (however I have an idea for my next build...) but I'm sure with the proper amount of caps and the scrounger perk you would be able to sustain yourself. Sprinting would just not really be an option until you've built up a stock of them. Anyone know roughly how long one fusion core lasts?

• 122 posts
    February 5, 2017 9:56 PM EST
    I ran a good while on Power Armor without really trying by relying on munitions and scrounger. Just don't be a V.A.T.S. donkey and sprint everywhere and you're fine.
    • 248 posts
    February 6, 2017 4:13 PM EST

Yeah it's totally doable John. But you do need to know where to grab early cores - check Mason's Invictus build I think he has some tips in there. Off the top of my head - 1 under Red Rocket (cave), 2 or 3 Robotics Disposal, Mole Rat Den, Starlight Drive in all have reachable free Fusion Cores. Then snag the Repair Bobblehead and the Nuclear Physicist perk and you're good to go.

• 203 posts
    February 7, 2017 6:38 AM EST

Speaking of early cores I recently decided to move into the sewage system under Concord and you'll find a core lying on the ground at the end of the main tunnel near to where you'll find a small chem stache (and a mirelurk). To be totally honest those things are all over the place, you just have to look in the right places. I would say a power armor run from the start is perfectly feasable.

• 3 posts
    February 7, 2017 6:23 PM EST

MaddMannatee said:

I believe there are already a few Character Builds that have power armor use from start to finish and they highlight some early level places to find some. I'm not very fond of power armor (however I have an idea for my next build...) but I'm sure with the proper amount of caps and the scrounger perk you would be able to sustain yourself. Sprinting would just not really be an option until you've built up a stock of them. Anyone know roughly how long one fusion core lasts?

A fusion core lasts about 20 minutes, or longer with perks.