Forums » Introduce Yourself

I am Back! What fun!

• 14 posts
    January 29, 2017 12:32 AM EST

First, I would like to thank Phil for reminding me about this part in the forum. Second, I've returned from my ancient slumber that was the fried battery in my laptop. But now that a year has past, the site is no longer on Ning, and a recommendation from Phil, I thought it appropriate to re-introduce myself! Many older members such as CND, Noodles, Dragonborn, Golden Fool, and so on may remember me as Molagamer or Riley V. But I have since changed my name to Volkenheim due to inspiration from the up coming game's setting, For Honor, and the name of my most favorite character playthrough of Skyrim yet. And yes, I due plan to do some productive things for the rest of the time I am active on the site. Damn, it feels good to be back!

• 1595 posts
    January 29, 2017 1:19 AM EST

It is good to see you back! Volkenheim is a badass name for a character. What does it mean? I am guessing "heim" is home, as in "Solstheim = Sun's Home" but does Volken mean wolf? If so, the Wolf is home indeed ;)

Did you make any builds? Or plan to? You may find anything you have created in CB has been restored by a team of dedicated professionals. If not then get stuck into building, creating Profiles, uploading screenshots to the main page reel.... etc. Fun to be had as you get used to the new architecture :)

• 694 posts
    January 29, 2017 1:56 PM EST

Welcome back to the community, Volkenheim! :D Glad you've decided to join us on the new site. We've improved a few things since you were with us on Ning, like being able to manage and feature your photos and videos, an ACTUALLY FUNCTIONING SEARCH BAR, badges you can collect, and a few other little suprises with more on the way. Rules of the groups are still pretty much the same so you should be able to pick up right where you left off. :) If you have any questions about where to find something or how a feature works feel free to drop me a line!

And thank you to Phil! :D

• 14 posts
    January 30, 2017 3:46 PM EST

Thank you Edana for the warm welcome! And to answer your questions Phil; 1. I truly don't know what Volkenheim means. I Just saw it as the name for the setting of Ubisoft's new upcoming game, For Honor, and thought what a cool nordic name. 2. I previously made some really crappy and low quality builds back in my time spent on the site on Ning. But now that I have matured (somewhat), I feel more confident in my ability to make better builds on the site, so yes. I will attempt to make some builds in the future and will continue on from there if they do well!

• 1595 posts
    February 1, 2017 4:26 AM EST

That is good to hear, Volk, be sure to let me know when you contribute anything just in case I miss it :) I am dipping back into the CB waters and so we can take confidence from one another. Don't sweat it, though, I am sure you'll do fine and even though it is a bit overwhelming, all the best builders here have experienced that at some time or another. So chill, enjoy the process, enjoy the sharing of the process, and let the whole thing be simple good fun :)

• 14 posts
    February 2, 2017 12:44 PM EST
    I appreciate it Phil, and to correct myself Volkenheim in rough Germanic-Dutch translation means "Falcon's Home". Just in case you were curious.
    • 1595 posts
    February 3, 2017 4:46 AM EST

The word sounds exactly the same. D'oh! :D A falcon is cooler than a wolf by a large feather, so don't be downhearted :)