Forums » Introduce Yourself

Greetings, all!

• 4 posts
    January 22, 2017 8:23 AM EST

Well then. This is a thing. Welp, hello everyone. CobaltGale here. Evil overlord in training, nerd, nice guy, person who wants to be a game developer and/or Youtuber..... And person who is REALLY trying to get into Morrowind at times, I swear. > . >

But I do want to say that I'm glad to be here. Stumbled onto the Tamriel Vault by sheer accident at one point, and it seems like a decent enough place. I hope it'll be a fun time here and that I can live up to people's expectations, and all that.

This post was edited by CobaltGale at January 22, 2017 8:23 AM EST
    • 1595 posts
    February 8, 2017 10:39 PM EST

Cobalt, please accept all out apologies for failing to reply to you sooner. Things have been lively lately and this post appears to have slipped beneath our collective radar. I hope you accept my belated welcome, we aren't totally ignorant here :)

So, welcome and get stuck in! Morrowind is a charming game even now, definitely worth your time, and the Classics Group will be the perfect place to discuss that game. Lastly, don't worry about expectations dude! Just post, discuss and have fun :)

• 4 posts
    February 8, 2017 11:08 PM EST

Ah, no worries! Its all good.

TBH, I do wanna end up posting a character build or two based on games I enjoy, one for Skyrim and one for Morrowind that was....apparently a thing back when this was the Skyrim Blog. But I have yet to actually work on them, so it might take a while. :D

• 1595 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:48 AM EST

Cool!

I 100% support the making and posting of builds whether they be for classic games or for Skyrim, and Classic Builds most definitely are still a thing. So give a shout if you need any supporrt in any area, we're a laid back bunch all in all :D But take your time too, use the Workshop if you would like to build from the ground up as part of a long architectual project and get feedback as you build.

You say you want to be a game dev... is that something you're actively studying?

• 4 posts
    February 9, 2017 10:36 AM EST

Alright. I'll probably post my ideas in the Workshop today. Either as two seperate pages, or one post that mentions both. Havent really decided yet, but I might just do two posts so it's a bit easier to manage.

I have sadly not been able to really study game development, but once I get a better computer, I might try applying for online courses at Full Sail University, and maybe try fiddling around with things likae Unreal Engine 4 and RPG Maker.

• 1595 posts
    February 10, 2017 4:00 AM EST

Sweet! I look forward to seeing what you post :) Good luck with your development ambition - make it happen if you can and follow your dreams ;)

• 4 posts
    February 10, 2017 10:50 AM EST

Thanks, Phil. I plan on it! As I said, I'm just debating on if I should make one post with a list of the builds I wanna try to do(Now at 4 or 5) or just make individual pages in the Workshop for it.