Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character Building Spotlight - The Stalhrim Master

• 1467 posts
    January 6, 2017 10:46 PM EST

Welcome everyone to the first Build Spotlight of 2017, and the start of a new feature for the Character Building Group run by Bonelord and myself. Today I wanted to draw your attention to an awesome build written by Twisted Orthus back in 2012. 

The Stalhrim Master is notable for many things, it was one of the earliest builds to actually use the Dragonborn DLC as a major standing point for the build but what it really did that I think is really awesome is the combat style and how it can constantly change throughout your playthrough.  What the Stalhrim Master does is combine four different armour sets (easily carried with the Steed Stone), to blend together four different combat styles to go along with each set of armour. This creates an incredibly varied character, capable of dealing with threats in multiple ways and keeping the playthrough constantly fresh and changing. 

If you haven't given this a read (in a while or ever) then I heavily recommend dropping in checking this build out. It's one of the most creative builds even to this day, and a great build to leave a comment and maybe a like on. If you guys have any ideas for what build you'd like to see next time, just let us know in the comments below.

• 457 posts
    January 7, 2017 1:48 AM EST

Niiiice! Twised makes some fantastic builds, and this is no exception. Love the options the Steed Stone gives you (especially as a Heavy Armor wearer. 

It's also nice to see some builds from before my time get time in the spotlight... there are a lot of great builds from the early days. What a great way to kick off the new year. 

As always, great work guys :D

• 277 posts
    January 7, 2017 8:19 AM EST
    I love stlahrim armor!
    • 104 posts
    January 7, 2017 3:31 PM EST

Great 1st spotlight my friend, well-done mate, I also happen to like this build very much, I also think it deserves a lot more likes than it has, twisted is an amazing builder. you are a gentleman for doing this, know it is very much appreciated, and thank you

• 295 posts
    January 7, 2017 3:39 PM EST

Great first spotlight, Dragonborn and CB is glad to see some of these older builds spotlighted. Thank you. :)

• 1595 posts
    January 8, 2017 5:05 AM EST

This was pretty ground-breaking in its day. At that time in CBs history the finding of unique ways to play was the Holy Grail of builders. I joined a few months after this was made but it was still talked about and relevant then. A truly inspired build which even now stands the test of time.

Great work on the spotlight, gents. Lovely trip down the black halls of my memory lane.