Forums » The Lounge

Is this a sign?

• 43 posts
    December 29, 2016 5:18 PM EST

I bought a Stormy Grey Xbox One S with Battlefield 1 on Black Friday at Walmart. It worked fine for a few weeks, I got Dishonored 2 and Dark Souls 3, and everything was fine. But then the week before Christmas it started having one of the launch day bugs, where it would turn itself off at random times. I took it back to Walmart and got a refund, then went to Gamestop and got a Deep Blue Gears of War 4 Xbox One S, but with a warranty. And at the moment I can't even finish the setup screen due to the update not completing. I am obviously very irritated and wishing that whoever cursed me with bad wifi and bugs would get hit by a truck, but I am starting to wonder:

Is this a sign not to get an Xbox One S?

• 133 posts
    December 30, 2016 3:06 PM EST

A quick google search gave me a lot of articles about Xbox One S problems. So yeah, this might be a sign. But if you have update problems, a PS4 won't give you much of an improvement. It's a well-known problem that PS4 updates take hours and hours for relatively small files. Good luck, I hope whatever you pick works well for you. 

• 1595 posts
    December 31, 2016 7:39 PM EST

I had something similar when installing an update. The auto-install wouldn't work, but going through My Games/Apps and installing from there did. Granted it's not an S... and was a game update rather than a system update... so probably no help at all.

• 312 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:03 PM EST

ProbsCoolerThanYou said:

A quick google search gave me a lot of articles about Xbox One S problems. So yeah, this might be a sign. But if you have update problems, a PS4 won't give you much of an improvement. It's a well-known problem that PS4 updates take hours and hours for relatively small files. Good luck, I hope whatever you pick works well for you. 

Yeah, as much as I love console gaming, this generation of consoles has been thoroughly disappointing in terms of stability and efficiency. Not to mention Sony still insists that Backwards Compatibility is overrated.