Forums » Fallout

Fallout4 Deathclaw

• 215 posts
    December 25, 2016 2:19 PM EST

Not sure if we even have a "gameplay help" section but figured the forum might be the closest to it so hope this is OK.

I'm level 3 and just got the power suit but can't kill the Deathclaw outside.  Best I've done is gotten him to 1/2 heath.  I'm focusing fire on his body and I've also tried hitting the legs to slow him up.  I fire and run until AP powers back up but can't seem to get past him.

• 277 posts
    December 25, 2016 2:29 PM EST

We have the Fallout CB group's Helpdesk for this kind of question.

Here's a couple ways to get on with it:

A) Don't jump down from the building. Stay there, kill the raiders, wait for the deathclaw, shoot at it as much as you can and when it goes into hiding go after it;

B) Jump down from the building as soon as you get your hands on the minigun. Ignore the raiders and get to the place where the deathclaw should come out of. It should make it spawn. There's a big chance it will concentrate on killing the raiders while you shoot at it.

• 248 posts
    December 25, 2016 8:56 PM EST

The other little glitch for navigating this is when you jump down the building straight ahead with the open door - you can go in there after the DC spawns and he can't get to you. So you basically just shoot him through the open doorway while he sucks at life. It's kind of cheating I guess, but it works. You can also use this unreachable trick by heading up the staircase in the saloon right where he spawns. Just stand on the balcony and fire away.

This post was edited by Mottyskills at December 25, 2016 8:56 PM EST
    • 8 posts
    December 28, 2016 6:36 AM EST

You can and should find a couple of jets before that fight. It makes a lot easier.

• 312 posts
    January 2, 2017 2:16 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

The other little glitch for navigating this is when you jump down the building straight ahead with the open door - you can go in there after the DC spawns and he can't get to you. So you basically just shoot him through the open doorway while he sucks at life. It's kind of cheating I guess, but it works. You can also use this unreachable trick by heading up the staircase in the saloon right where he spawns. Just stand on the balcony and fire away.

You know, I've done this, but you have to be really careful when trying this one. He can and will glitch through the door on occasions and gib you.