Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hey there!

• 12 posts
    December 18, 2016 11:34 PM EST

Hey "ning!"  It has been a quite a few years since i was active on this great blog/site. Now that they remastered Skyrim for consoles, I am back at it again and having a fricking blast!  Right now I'm rocking a Vigilant of Stendarr-like character that does massive damage against the undead and is a hero that helps innocents and destroys evil.  Major skills are: one handed/ restoration/ alteration and minors are heavy armor/ conjuration/ smithing/ enchanting. If anyone wants to send a friend request or has some great forums to follow, hit me up.

Sincerely for my mother, 

Your Adoring Fan

This post was edited by Adoring Fan at December 18, 2016 11:42 PM EST
    • 694 posts
    December 19, 2016 9:45 AM EST

Welcome back to the site! Great to see members getting involved again with the release of Remastered. So this character you  mentioned. Are we likely to see a build or RP profile? :D 

If you have any questions about layout or the change in how things are set up now, feel free to drop me a line! :)

• 1595 posts
    December 19, 2016 6:59 PM EST

Hey! I remember you Adoring Fan. You said some nice things back in the day, commented on a build Twisted and I made iirc. Welcome back dude, I hope you stay and do more of that which you did :)

• 19 posts
    December 19, 2016 10:42 PM EST

Hi !

I'm new here but I wish you welcome home all the same. Have fun moments with us =) 

• 12 posts
    December 28, 2016 8:07 PM EST

How do I +1 a character build? Do we still have that option?

• 1467 posts
    December 28, 2016 8:12 PM EST

Yeah, it'll be in the top left of a discussion under the name. 

• 1595 posts
    December 28, 2016 8:16 PM EST

Yeah! If it's a build or any group content, then the like button is at the top left:

If it is a forum post the like button is top right:

• 12 posts
    December 29, 2016 10:26 PM EST

OK thanks Phil and Dragonborn1721. That's kind of what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2017 6:51 AM EST

Also don't forget that with Builds (not sure what else though), the Like button is at the Top and Bottom left hand corner.

Also, welcome Kalmonster/Adoring Fan, great to have you here (would say back but you may have been here longer than me xD). Which TES games do you like/play? Sorry for the late reply. 

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2017 1:05 PM EST

Hey Lee! Thanks for the welcome.  Right now I am only playing Skyrim which keeps me busy since the console relaunch(Xbox1).  My first love was Oblivion though, oh great times. I make sure to have that mod with the best background music from all TES on when I play Skyrim...nothing like great nostalgia hearing the Oblivion fight theme song when a pack of wolves is trying to hunt you down. Also, I never played any of the other Scroll games, always wanted to try Morrowind, just never got around to it, and I'd be afraid that it might be too outdated since we are so spoiled with graphics nowadays. Anyways, I will stop rambling on, thanks again for stopping by.

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2017 3:54 PM EST

Ah, I love Oblivion, just I hate how OP Skeletons and Wolves can be if you level too quickly XD. Nah, mate don't be afraid, like I normally say 'its not the graphics that make the game, its the story and gameplay'. If that makes any sense. However, if you are still afraid regarding the graphics, there are mods to improve them. I believe Karver and Caesar, have a list of mods for both Oblivion AND Morrowind over in the Classics Group, if you want to check them out. Here are the links.

Karvers' Oblivion Mod List-http://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/11/topic_id/5661

Caesars Morrowind Mod List-http://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/11/topic_id/7139

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2017 4:12 PM EST

I need to get my pc up and running if I want to play those.  Right now I am gaming on the Xbox 1.  But I agree, the content and the experience of having fun in the process makes a game great, the graphics just help lol.  I will definetly keep those in mind when I do get around to it, it's much appreciated.

What is your favorite type of character to play in TES?  or maybe a specific build that was hands down your favorite playthrough in Skyrim?

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2017 6:29 PM EST

Ah, fair enough. I do believe you can add mods on the Xbox 1... Then again I think that maybe the new Skyrim Remastered. No idea, only use PC.

Hmm... My favourite type of character in TES, would be a Battlemage. No idea why, just having the ability to be a General in battle (Staying back summoning Summons and casting Spells), to going into the fray is quite fun. Ooh, my favourite playthrough in Skyrim... Tough one, I'd say, my Agent of Arkay (curenntly playtesting and is quite fun as using Sneak with Destruction, Illusion, Alteration, Alchemy, and Light Armor), another favourite of mine would be... the Brute, Dread of the Dovah, Obisidian/Bronze Sentinel... The list goes on, but my favourite Battlemage build would be..

Zurin Arctus, Battlemage, by Alastor 
    I LOVE this build, the roleplay and the Gameplay along with the Lore fits so perfectly. Definetly need to play this one again.

The Keeper of the Dead, by Shin Jin
    One of my personal favourites, just like Zurin Arctus I love this build. It is even better when you read the Abhorsen series, however it is quite saddening at the end. If you love this build, I highly recommend checking out the rest of Shin Jins' builds! 

The Auroran Knight, by AllSpark
    Another of my personal favourites, I can't even begin with explaining this build. Check it out!

For me, its not the Glitches or the Tricks that make the build, its the Roleplay and Gameplay. But if I had to make a list out of the 3 above it would got something like; Zurin Arctus/The Keeper of the Dead, The Auroran Knight.

Some people love Masons builds others like Pontys. They both have awesome builds and I love them, but these three have truly got me. I think I actually might create a Pyromancer in Morrowind... Look out Dragonbone Cuirass, here I come!

If you need any help mate, don't be afraid to ask, message me. I won't bite.... Much... xD.