Forums » Elder Scrolls

Romlyn Dreth: The Unluckiest Guy of All Time

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:27 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

31! That's a lot of muscle, I didn't even know there were that many people in Riften. For my vote, I second C, I wonder how his gang of thugs will handle their leader breaking down in tears... Cuddlefest, anyone?

RogueSilver said:

Just a hint, Zonn. Never take what I suggest seriously when it comes to this forum game. It's much more interesting when I screw around and throw random ideas out there :)

Don't worry, if I ever need to remind myself, I'll just need to see that 'Cry' option. Seriously, though, that option can never go :P

The Dreth family will always have the option to cry :)

• 743 posts
    December 12, 2016 10:15 PM EST

Anyone gonna break the tie?

• 104 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:49 AM EST

I will, the statue where it all began, its probably not the ideal headquaters for a gang, but it will do for now.

• 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 11:26 AM EST

Many thanks, Bonelord. Now, let's get on with the story!

The divine statue! Perfect! Rolled Up Nirnroot shall call the alleyway home! You spend 5,000 septims worth of dummies and use your Thane influence to get some free weapons and armor. Once you, the legend Romlyn Dreth, and the rest of the gang make it to the statue, you immediately notice what the divine the statue represents. It's the lady Mara! Not as hot as Dibella, but hey, at least it's not that weirdo Kyne! 

"Gentleman, we shall all drape the Amulet of Mara around our necks, as the tribute to where it all began!"

The gang erupted into celebration, as they were getting paid well and had a name for themselves. As you celebrate with your men, you see a crow fly down onto the hand of the statue. It drops a message, which reads "I'm out, meet us at the Shadow Stone so we can finally settle this. "

"SHUT UP MATES!" you shout to your gang

The previous excitement and celebration were replaced with silence. You continue,

"Our arch nemesis, the lizard scum, have finally got their leader back. They want us to meet them at the Shadow Stone, just off the road leading to Riften. We will come up with a plan, while we start, I want a full scout party searching The Rift."

"Already done, sir." Dirge interrupts

"Very good. Dirge and Maul, meet me at the base of the statue. The rest of you; prepare for the battle!"

Once your commanders meet you, you immediately have a scout run to you. 

"Sir, we've got some crazy shit goin' on at the Riften Docks. Lizards loadin' up a shipment of skooma. Might be worth it if we start peddlin' our own." the thug says

'Thanks, we'll consider it, mate."

As you and your gang try out your options, you end up with a few strategies. You've also got the skooma shipment that may or may not be worth taking as yours. 

Two votes again, usual 24 hour voting period starts back up as soons as this is posted, unless we have a tie again :p

Skooma Vote

A)Rob the skooma shipment

B)Don't rob the skooma shipment

Tactical Vote

A) Meet the argonians at the Shadow Stone with the entire gang.

B) Have half of your gang meet up in the forest near the Shadow Stone, whilst the other half and you acts as a decoy at the Shadow Stone.

C)Meet the argonians at the Shadow Stone and cry

D)Wait on some scouting info and see if any new information pops up

• 43 posts
    December 13, 2016 12:16 PM EST

A) Becuse skooma

D) Becuse tactics

• 261 posts
    December 13, 2016 12:20 PM EST
    A) Because you need to finance this somehow and drugs might be fun, and A) Because who needs tactics when you're a Dreth?
    • 51 posts
    December 13, 2016 1:04 PM EST
    B. The legendary Romlyn Dreth has no use for skooma. And D.
    • 585 posts
    December 13, 2016 3:39 PM EST

While Skooma might not be moral, nothing Romlyn has done so far has been. So this is the moment when we decide his morals, and I of course choose A - who needs morals when you have drugs?

But no one will say that the Dreth family are cowards! (apart from that one time he cried, but lets just ignore that) B is tactically sound, but glorious enough to tell the tale later at the after party.

TLDR: AB, in case you didn't want to sift through all the rambling

• 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 3:53 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

While Skooma might not be moral, nothing Romlyn has done so far has been. So this is the moment when we decide his morals, and I of course choose A - who needs morals when you have drugs?

But no one will say that the Dreth family are cowards! (apart from that one time he cried, but lets just ignore that) B is tactically sound, but glorious enough to tell the tale later at the after party.

TLDR: AB, in case you didn't want to sift through all the rambling

Please keep the rambling, it adds value to the boring "a,b" comments. :p (No offense to those types, I get it, and thanks to all who vote) 

• 295 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:00 PM EST

A and C and you scared me a bit. Thought there was no option to cry. 

• 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:05 PM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

A and C and you scared me a bit. Thought there was no option to cry. 

I figured it would've had the possibility to throw you off :p

• 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:06 PM EST

Blooded said: B. The legendary Romlyn Dreth has no use for skooma. And D.

The legend Romlyn Dreth has no use for skooma, skooma has use for the legend Romlyn Dreth.

• 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:07 PM EST

Tenebrous said: A) Because you need to finance this somehow and drugs might be fun, and A) Because who needs tactics when you're a Dreth?

The only tactics a Dreth needs is how fast you can kill 69 guards :)

This post was edited by Rogue at December 13, 2016 4:08 PM EST
    • 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:08 PM EST

NoOneIsHear said:

A) Becuse skooma

D) Becuse tactics

Skooma ftw

• 743 posts
    December 13, 2016 4:09 PM EST

Looks like we might be gettin' a cut in the skooma trade boys.

• 104 posts
    December 14, 2016 3:31 AM EST

A, Drugs mean money, then D tactical for a change of direction

• 743 posts
    December 14, 2016 7:14 PM EST

A Dreth doesn't need the skooma, skooma needs the Dreth, you say to yourself. 

"Dirge, I want a cut on that shipment. The entire thing, mate" you tell your right-hand man

As your squad gathers up enough men, you decide that you will come with them to the shipment. After a few minutes of scouting the docks, you, Dirge, and Maul have your men secure the shipment. Suddenly, 8 Argonians come charging out from the waters below. 

"FIGHT BACK" you yell to your gang

As the battle clashes on, you have 4 of your men steal the shipment from under their noses. While they hoist up the barrels on their backs, there lies one extra. As the only with empty hands left, you quickly lift it upon your back like a mighty Dreth would do. Quickly, you run towards Riften, meeting with a lizard that jumps off a nearby building into your path.

"Get out of my way, you maggot!" you scoff at the lizard

"Sure, after you give us back what's ours, mate," he replies

"Sorry, don't think I can manage that."

"That's fine, I'll just take it from you!"

Quickly, the argonian jumps you and knocks you to the ground. As the barrel rolls, it enters the arms of the laughing lizard. As he turns his back on you, the legend Romlyn Dreth jumps onto his back and wraps his handkerchief around his neck. The argonian falls, and Romlyn and him struggle.

"Get off me, you bastard!" the lizard demands

"Shut your trap, you slimy lizard. Your mum told me ya needed some discipline, so here ya go."

As you both scuffle, you manage to knock his head against the docks, staggering him enough for you to wrap around again and strangle him. "That's what you get for fucking with a Dreth, ya filthy bastard," you say to the fresh corpse after spitting on it repeatedly. Once you look behind you, you see your entire gang staring in awe of your actions.

"Damn, with just a handcerchief? Glad I'm on your side, mate" Dirge suddenly said

Pretty shocked by your own actions, you manage to muster up "I'm not sure why you're surprised, I was actually cheating by fighting him with anything, considering the Dreth name alone can scare anyone witless."

"Oy mate, ya wanna teach me that one day?" one of your thugs suddenly say

"Yeah, that's pretty damn cool" another spits out

Afterwhile, the entire gang wanted to learn the Whispering Handkerchief style, something you, the legend Romlyn Dreth, literally invented a few minutess ago with that lizard incident. After every man bought one, they all had one as a backup in case anything got ugly. After training them for a few weeks, they were ready. They were gang members that knew the Whispering Handkerchief style! Those argonians won't stand a chance, you think to yourself.

A week after successfully stealing the skooma, your gang now has a new fighting style, as well as a hand in the drug trade. Skooma has been profiting like crazy, due to you establishing your own factory in the basement of some ugly ass manor called "Riftweald" or whatever. Today, your scout approached you, with brand new info. Tomorrow is the day that they are to meet the lizards, and it seems as if there has been a double of men in their ranks. Reports show that they have at least 50 men. Their hideout, a cave northeast of Riften, is also heavily guarded, and is where their leader resides. You come up with new adjustments that fit these circumstances for a plan, and also flirt with the idea of hiring a few new ranks. But you've every thug in Riften, 31 men! All the ones left over are either in the Thieves Guild or independent. It seems as if you decide to hire new ranks, you must look outside of Riften...

Two votes again:

Hire New Recruits

A)Hire those wussy assassins to help

B)Try and steal thieves guild members

C)Cry for help in Riften's Marketplace 

D)Don't hire new recruits

Tactics

A)Totally ambush them at the shadow stone

B)Half act as decoy, half are in the forest, ready to strike

C)Cry at the meeting

D)Meet up with the entire gang 

E)Try to assassinate the leader

• 43 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:18 AM EST

A) Wussy assassins, I dont think crying will help and stealing from the Thives Guild is not a clever idea.

B) Try and lure them into a ambush, just make sure the ambushers are not ambushed in turn.

• 295 posts
    December 15, 2016 6:03 AM EST

C & C! What is wrong with you people? :P

• 261 posts
    December 15, 2016 8:40 AM EST
    B, for the Dreth do not forgive the assassins so easily, and D because honestly, what can lizards do against the might of Romlyn and his crew?
    • 585 posts
    December 15, 2016 9:47 AM EST

While the temptation to go for a double cry is great, I think I'm gonna have to go for D as my first choice. Your men know the Whispering Handkerchief, who needs a few more people just to get in the way. And if when the Nirnroot's come out alive, they'll be tougher and more feared than ever, rivalling the Theives Guild themselves.

And for my second choice... B. Like I said before, it's tactical enough to give you an advantage, but epic enough that it'll be celebrated when the bards of Tamriel inevitably make songs about Dreth and his Rollups.

• 743 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:29 AM EST

Voting's gonna be closed around 2:30 pm due to an unexpected event today. Sorry it's not a full 24 hours, but hey, things happen.

• 743 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:31 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

While the temptation to go for a double cry is great, I think I'm gonna have to go for D as my first choice. Your men know the Whispering Handkerchief, who needs a few more people just to get in the way. And if when the Nirnroot's come out alive, they'll be tougher and more feared than ever, rivalling the Theives Guild themselves.

And for my second choice... B. Like I said before, it's tactical enough to give you an advantage, but epic enough that it'll be celebrated when the bards of Tamriel inevitably make songs about Dreth and his Rollups.

But, what if their epicness gives away the Rollup's position in the forest? Might be bad for business...

• 743 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:32 AM EST

Tenebrous said: B, for the Dreth do not forgive the assassins so easily, and D because honestly, what can lizards do against the might of Romlyn and his crew?

The mighty Romlyn Dreth doesn't even need a gang, he just wanted to be kind and give away some gold :)

• 743 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:33 AM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

C & C! What is wrong with you people? :P

I'm gonna have to take out the Cry option one day just to see how you'd choose normally :p