Forums » Elder Scrolls

Romlyn Dreth: The Unluckiest Guy of All Time

• 295 posts
    December 8, 2016 9:03 PM EST

C Cry. HAHAHA I will neve give up!

Dammit, one day CRYING will get the respek it deserves. 

• 5 posts
    December 9, 2016 2:43 AM EST

C Cry... of joy ! Also you had to test if this new handkerchief work...

• 585 posts
    December 9, 2016 4:46 AM EST

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

I love these game things, they're a guilty pleasure of mine (loving the backstory and the British slang by the way!).

I'm with Liss with C), crying is always the answer :P

Thanks, Zonn! I was hoping I did well on the British slang. It's far too satisfying coming from an American. Does it sound legit?

I'm not sure if I can talk for all the Brits here, but it sounded pretty good to me! Although the lack of references to the Argonian's mum break the realism a bit :P

Edit: Silly me, I forgot to vote. I'm with Tenebrous, gotta show people whose boss, and establishing another enemy organisation will make the plot interesting (hoping to see them jump in at an inopportune time, inadvertantly saving them in the process)

This post was edited by Zonnonn at December 9, 2016 4:49 AM EST
    • 104 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:37 AM EST

Crime spree for me, then he can have the thaneship taken from him.

• 43 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:02 AM EST

D) Get some payback on that Argonian n'wah.

This post was edited by NoOneIsHear at December 9, 2016 6:20 AM EST
    • 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:43 AM EST

D is in the lead so far, with crying in a close second. What will the mighty Dreth have in store for him?

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:44 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

I love these game things, they're a guilty pleasure of mine (loving the backstory and the British slang by the way!).

I'm with Liss with C), crying is always the answer :P

Thanks, Zonn! I was hoping I did well on the British slang. It's far too satisfying coming from an American. Does it sound legit?

I'm not sure if I can talk for all the Brits here, but it sounded pretty good to me! Although the lack of references to the Argonian's mum break the realism a bit :P

Edit: Silly me, I forgot to vote. I'm with Tenebrous, gotta show people whose boss, and establishing another enemy organisation will make the plot interesting (hoping to see them jump in at an inopportune time, inadvertantly saving them in the process)

Awesome! I'll have to adjust it to be a bit more insulting next time...

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:45 AM EST

Tenebrous said: Tough choice between A and D. I vote D. Nobody messes with the Dreth and gets away without abject humiliation! Plenty of time to kill assassins later.

I'd give you a Dreth family crest if there was such a thing. 

Wait, now I've got an idea....

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:49 AM EST

NoOneIsHear said:

D) Get some payback on that Argonian n'wah.

Damn straight

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:50 AM EST

Bonelord said:

Crime spree for me, then he can have the thaneship taken from him.

But, Bonelord, the title sounds so cool!

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:51 AM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

C Cry. HAHAHA I will neve give up!

Dammit, one day CRYING will get the respek it deserves. 

A good Dreth always has a crying session at least once an hour :) Hey, it even managed to get the legend Romlyn Dreth thaneship!

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:52 AM EST

JustRed said:

C Cry... of joy ! Also you had to test if this new handkerchief work...

Let's hope that handkerchief is made of heavy duty cloth, hell, Romlyn's gonna need it made of Khajiit fur soon.

• 743 posts
    December 9, 2016 11:55 AM EST

The mighty Romlyn Dreth has been featured. Dominating the world one sob at a time!

#DrethFamilyIsBack #OyIToldYaSo #ValenWouldBeProud

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:19 AM EST

I'll be resetting the voting period to end at 2 p.m. eastern time as soon as this post is uploaded. 

After gathering all of your new supplies, you decide it's time to show that lizard who's boss. Romlyn Dreth doesn't settle with just a scale, you settle with a pair of boots! The next day, around 4 p.m., you walk up to the Riften prisons. A guard sees you and asks what your business is here.

"I'm a Dreth, you stupid Nord, I can do whatever in Oblivion I please". 

The watchman replied "Wait there, you filthy grayskin! "

The legend that is Romlyn Dreth remarked: "Hurry up, ya twat, I've got a meeting with your mother in an hour."

"That's it, you're under arrest for disrupting the peace!"

Not sure what to do, you wait and ponder until the guard approaches you. The mighty Romlyn Dreth is about to be arrested without killing at least 69 guards? I don't think so. You quickly knock him out with a cheesewheel that was on a shelf behind you. "Now, time to go pay that Argonian a visit.", you mutter to yourself. As you walk down the cells you notice mostly Argonians locked up, oh how fitting! Towards the end, you spot the lizard that you were well acquainted with at this point. As you trot to his cell, you see the shredded reptile sleeping ever so peacefully. Not on Romlyn's watch! You beat the cage and yell "Wake the oblivion up, ya pile of shite!" The clearly angered lizard wakes up, and charges to the bars as if he were a bull that just saw red. He rammed his head right into the bars.  

The legend Romlyn Dreth remarks "You are an excellent representation of what happens when your mother doesn't care about you!"

The Argonian replied "Just wait, you maggot. You think you've ruined us? What you rounded up was a quarter of what's still left. I've got an entire gang plotting as we speak to break me out, and once I've escaped, we'll hunt you down and chop you into bits that will be part of our skooma"

"And once you're out, I'll make sure to finish my fine boots that were unfortunately too much for one scale!"

You storm out of the prison, unsure of what to do. Romlyn travels in the marketplace, thinking as to how he's going to end this threat. "A few lizards cannot ruin the Dreth family! We are legends of legends!", you reassure yourself. You overhear a burly, hideous man clad in iron armor, ask a poor stranger that was just passing by, what their business was in Riften. The stranger later asked about the Dark Brotherhood. You here that they've got a target; the lady that runs the Honorhall Orphanage! Not much of a surprise, as she was always known as a witch. More importantly, you think, do you need the help of the wussy assassins to stop this threat? Maybe you need to just start your own gang. Or perhaps, you are a Dreth, and you don't need anyone else to help! Knowing the perfect solution to this mess, you decide to.....

A)Find the wussy assassins and make them help you

B)Start a gang with the ugly iron armor guy

C)Cry

D)Fight them all by yourself 

• 261 posts
    December 10, 2016 4:26 AM EST
    All are good options, but I eventually went with B. Since the Argonians have proven untrustworthy, you need other allies for your ascent to the Emperor's throne!
    • 43 posts
    December 10, 2016 4:37 AM EST

B) Start your own branch of the Camonna Tong in Skyrim.

• 104 posts
    December 10, 2016 6:36 AM EST

yes, start a new gang with the Iron clad guy

• 295 posts
    December 10, 2016 7:46 AM EST

C) Cry - at some point he will need to release all the pent up stress. :P

• 585 posts
    December 10, 2016 11:40 AM EST

I'm also voting B, gangs could be a really interesting way to go (and I'm still waiting for that guard to show up and do something).

And I congratulte you on using the classic 'your mum' insults, the first one especially. I feel right at home! :P

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 11:58 AM EST

Tenebrous said: All are good options, but I eventually went with B. Since the Argonians have proven untrustworthy, you need other allies for your ascent to the Emperor's throne!

Yes, soon, the Dreth family will be the new dynasty of the Empire!

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 11:58 AM EST

NoOneIsHear said:

No idea what that is, but it sounds pretty sinister.

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:01 PM EST

Bonelord said:

yes, start a new gang with the Iron clad guy

Hopefully he'll be able to understand the legend that is Romlyn Dreth's mightiness! 

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:01 PM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

C) Cry - at some point he will need to release all the pent up stress. :P

Maybe he'll score another scale while he's at it :p

• 743 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:04 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

I'm also voting B, gangs could be a really interesting way to go (and I'm still waiting for that guard to show up and do something).

And I congratulte you on using the classic 'your mum' insults, the first one especially. I feel right at home! :P

Yeah, I've got a few ideas for both choices, but admittedly, most are allotted towards the gang idea. AC Syndicate has given me some inspiration. Also, stay tuned for the guard, he's not exactly pleased with the Dreth family!

Thanks! When you brought up the mum insults, I knew that would be a must-have for the next post :)

• 43 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:08 PM EST

RogueSilver said:

NoOneIsHear said:

No idea what that is, but it sounds pretty sinister.

The Camonna Tong is the Dark Elf version of the Thieves Guild only with lots more brutality, drug dealing and xenophobia.

This post was edited by NoOneIsHear at December 10, 2016 12:10 PM EST