Forums » Elder Scrolls

Guess my Shack

• 1595 posts
    November 18, 2016 3:44 AM EST

So Edana and Golden Fool have had me on a sort of treasure hunt in which they posted screenshots of their location, be that a cabin (hence the title of this thread) or a lonely statue in the wilderness, and I then went in search of those areas. Thought it would make for a light-hearted forum game. The rules are nice and easy as this is supposed to be fun and smiles and so forth:

I'll post a screenshot here of a location, make it fairly easy, the person who discovers the location and takes a screenshot of it then can pose the next puzzle. Or the name and/or general location of it will do, but going there and posting a victory posing shot is more fun.

Feel free to share to main the main page too if it is a particularly artful shot. To keep the game moving if the winner has not posted a new screenshot within decent time frame then it will become a free-for-all where the first member to post a location pic has the ball, so to speak. The original member who guessed right will have their turn put on hold. Or something. Hell, I don't know -I hate rules and ignore most of them anyway.

Here's the mystery location. Can you guess my shack?

• 321 posts
    November 18, 2016 7:58 AM EST

I'm taking a wild guess that it's somewhere located in Northern Haafingar, near Fort Hraggstad.

I think I've been there before.

EDIT: Forgot to fully read the rules. I'll be back with a screenshot of it soon.

This post was edited by A-Pocky-Hah! at November 18, 2016 7:59 AM EST
    • 77 posts
    November 18, 2016 12:08 PM EST

Axius Revan said:

I'm taking a wild guess that it's somewhere located in Northern Haafingar, near Fort Hraggstad.

I think I've been there before.

EDIT: Forgot to fully read the rules. I'll be back with a screenshot of it soon.

Aww Axius come on! :-)

I had my screen shot & location before you posted this, but was holding off posting it until I came up with a mystery location (which I still haven't managed), so I'm letting you keep this one, but after you post your screenshot, I'll be following it up with mine as it just has to be shared :-D

Next time I won't hesitate to put a reply up if I get it sussed ;-)

This post was edited by Meli at November 18, 2016 12:09 PM EST
    • 1595 posts
    November 18, 2016 1:03 PM EST

Haha, good! You're both on the money. The bandit chief who occupied the place had one hell of a mace-arm. I had to cheat and lure her to the edge of the cliff before using Unrelenting Force.

Axius, I'm looking forward to the screenshot :) Meli, I can't wait for this must-see shack :)

• 77 posts
    November 18, 2016 1:51 PM EST

Phil said:

Haha, good! You're both on the money. The bandit chief who occupied the place had one hell of a mace-arm. I had to cheat and lure her to the edge of the cliff before using Unrelenting Force.

Axius, I'm looking forward to the screenshot :) Meli, I can't wait for this must-see shack :)

I think it was a bit hairy on the first trip there on this play through, the second trip for the screenshot was a bit of a let down, but the screenshot makes up for it. Khajit has skills :-)

I may raise your shack to something else, serious exploration by this one, seeing how far I can push Bethesda lol

Having the ability to take screenshots now is great fun.

• 1595 posts
    November 19, 2016 3:35 AM EST

A bit hairy, eh? Is that a pussy cat pun? :P Go ahead and post it Meli, Axius has provided a description and that'll do. While we wait for him to get shacked you should share your escapades.

This post was edited by Paws at November 19, 2016 3:36 AM EST
    • 321 posts
    November 19, 2016 4:31 AM EST

Alright, so I found the shack and after clearing it off bandits, I did a bit of spring cleaning.

Don't mind the bandit in the background.. he's just taking a nap.

This post was edited by A-Pocky-Hah! at November 19, 2016 4:34 AM EST
    • 1595 posts
    November 19, 2016 4:53 AM EST

:D Sweet! AE Animations and Cloaks and Capes are bonus points. Trust the "sleeping" bandit to be khajiit by the fire. Cats and warmth. They're covred in fur! How warm do they need to be?

Okay, so I see no harm in both you and Meli posting locations. Gives me more to hunt for ;)

• 77 posts
    November 19, 2016 6:03 AM EST

What were you saying about cats and warmth Phil?

Doing what I do best (for a certain definition of best lol), sneaky archer :-P with a heavy amount of destruction, enchanting and alchemy mixed in. J'zargo has competition at the College.

Hairy, in that this one was not quite prepared for the onset of bandits (nasty condition that), it took two goes as stealth went out of the window rather quickly, disapointing as this one was not in sight of the shack at that point :-(

• 77 posts
    November 20, 2016 4:12 AM EST

Okay, here's my mystery location. Can you guess my shack?

I'll add this to my screenshot album once the location has been identified, good luck guys :-)

• 1595 posts
    November 20, 2016 4:28 AM EST

Meli said:

What were you saying about cats and warmth Phil?

Doing what I do best (for a certain definition of best lol), sneaky archer :-P with a heavy amount of destruction, enchanting and alchemy mixed in. J'zargo has competition at the College.

Hairy, in that this one was not quite prepared for the onset of bandits (nasty condition that), it took two goes as stealth went out of the window rather quickly, disapointing as this one was not in sight of the shack at that point :-(

Damn, how'd you get up there?! :D And why is she wearing feathers? Her name is...?

And hairy. Now I'm with ya! This one had difficulty with those bandits too!

Meli said:

I'll add this to my screenshot album once the location has been identified, good luck guys :-)

Damn, that's a good shack! very well shot. Is it the Alchemist's Shack in the Rift, near Ivarstead? Oh no, wait! Is it the shack in the rift with the weird river of blood below it? The scooma den? Is that why your kitty was in that region?

• 77 posts
    November 20, 2016 4:43 AM EST

Phil said:

Damn, how'd you get up there?! :D And why is she wearing feathers? Her name is...?

And hairy. Now I'm with ya! This one had difficulty with those bandits too!

That was ninjing up the rocks behind the chimney stack, much easier than some of Ji'sari's other climing escapdes, which SE demands based on the improved graphics. Feathers because light armour/stealth and I'm not good at defence unless I'm in Orsimer mode:-(

Phil said:

Meli said:

Damn, that's a good shack! very well shot. Is it the Alchemist's Shack in the Rift, near Ivarstead? Oh no, wait! Is it the shack in the rift with the weird river of blood below it? The scooma den? Is that why your kitty was in that region?

How many guesses would you like? lol but yes, Redwater Den.

Skooma for relious purposes, this feline prefers wine, is usually carrying about 4 bottles of the stuff and then just wandring around gazing at the pretties.

This post was edited by Meli at November 20, 2016 4:44 AM EST
    • 1595 posts
    November 20, 2016 5:50 AM EST

Ha! I'd like six guesses! The Moth Queen went looking for Ji'sari but all she saw was a lounging bandit. But she hears you, she likes a fine wine too. And mead. And ale. And Sparkling Honeytongue. And fizzy water. Not a fan of skooma, though, prefers pure Moonsugar :)

It was such a grey and misty morning, though, and so she regrets not wearing a fine hat.

Alas, no time for a shack, not even a quick one. I give my turn to whoever wants it while we wait on Mr A. Revan to shack us.

This post was edited by Paws at November 20, 2016 5:51 AM EST
    • 1595 posts
    November 22, 2016 4:54 AM EST

Ok, so I'll reclaim my turn while we wait. :P

Guess my ramshackle residence:

• 627 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:03 AM EST

Simple :P

I managed to get a shot with the owner of said shack.

• 1595 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:34 AM EST

Lord Naarfin! You've got the shack, your turn Golds :)

• 627 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:48 AM EST

Very well. Now how difficult should I make this? I have three potential locations lined up... I think I'll go with... AH yes this one should do :P

• 1595 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:50 AM EST

Ooh, hail to the shack master! I will hunt for this tomorrow unless Meli's ninging cat gets there first ;)

• 77 posts
    November 22, 2016 7:52 AM EST

Phil said:

Ooh, hail to the shack master! I will hunt for this tomorrow unless Meli's ninging cat gets there first ;)

This one has not wandered far in these lands, though this area is of much rockiness, and may provide Ji'sari with much climbing.

Not sure when I can hunt for this one, but will give it a go :-(

• 77 posts
    November 26, 2016 4:44 AM EST

Golden Fool said:

Very well. Now how difficult should I make this? I have three potential locations lined up... I think I'll go with... AH yes this one should do :P

This one has finally found the camp, much climbing, Dragon Bridge Overlook, pictures to follow :-)

• 1595 posts
    November 26, 2016 5:12 AM EST

Wot?! I have been combing the area from Markarth to Bthardamz, crossing streams and fording dams, going back to home and hearth before continuing my search as planned. Treading well-trampled paths, across wide rivers I swam, now I learn you get there and laugh! Most impressive, I'll be damned.

This post was edited by Paws at November 26, 2016 5:18 AM EST
    • 627 posts
    November 26, 2016 5:21 AM EST

I can count the number of times I've visited the Overlook on a single hand. also phil don't worry I deliberatly took the shot from an angle that hides the bridge just to make it harder :P

• 1595 posts
    November 26, 2016 4:19 PM EST

Golden Fool said:

I can count the number of times I've visited the Overlook on a single hand. also phil don't worry I deliberatly took the shot from an angle that hides the bridge just to make it harder :P

Ah, I would have found it eventually. Also, I have never really liked the Reach. Yet with SE the atmosphere has been upped massivley and I really enjoyed my searches for the shack. No time was wasted, beleive me ;)

• 77 posts
    November 27, 2016 1:33 PM EST

Okay here s Ji'sari at Dragon Bridge Overlook complete with her atronach

• 77 posts
    November 27, 2016 1:36 PM EST

And for my next mystery shack:

Again fairly happy with this shot, so will upload to my album once somebody identifies the location.