Forums » Elder Scrolls

What truly are Dragon Priests?

• 224 posts
    November 10, 2016 11:38 AM EST

Hello!

I have a some questions for you, specially for the people who likes Elder Scrolls lore, would be cool to have some answer with references about TES

What I know about Dragon Priests is they were part of The Dragon Cult created by Alduin too long ago (Alduin who rebel againts his main purpose)

Here are the questions:

- What truly are Dragon Priests? Are they undead? Are they Liches? Are a kind of undead? Are not undead?

- What is his main relation with Alduin?

- Also I'm going to ask one more question, what was the role of the Draugrs on the Dragon Cult?

I'm really intrigued about what they are, would be really nice to have some good references, or at least some logical answers related to TES lore

Thanks

This post was edited by Medieval at November 10, 2016 11:42 AM EST
    • 122 posts
    January 24, 2017 8:07 PM EST

- What truly are Dragon Priests? Are they undead? Are they Liches? Are a kind of undead? Are not undead?

They're undead, according to this article I'm linking here for ya. They also react to most spells which affect undead in gameplay, which gives creedance to the lore article.

- What is his main relation with Alduin?

Dragon Priests worshipped dragons in a time where they flew the skies freely and lorded over men. They often acted as tyrants, laying down their own edicts in the names of their scaly gods. Here's an article on the Dragon Cult! :D

- Also I'm going to ask one more question, what was the role of the Draugrs on the Dragon Cult?

We don't have a definitive answer, but here's a lore article to read on the subject! :D