Forums » The Lounge

Character Build Ideas

• 51 posts
    November 2, 2016 3:58 PM EDT

This is just a collection of build ideas that I plan to work on in the future. I originally just had this as a google doc, but decided to put it here. That way, if anyone is interested in what I'm up to as far as builds, they can see this. Also, I can possibly learn if one of my ideas is too similar to an already done build so I don't waste my time on an already used concept. Not to mention, people can tell me if they think an idea is cool or they like it. Some are just a cool sounding name, some are just the concept, and for some I just have a cool picture I'd like to turn into something. 

Nokken(water demon)

Attractive Breton male who wears fancy clothes and lives in deep waters. Lures people into the water(still working on how) and uses Paralyze to make them drown(maybe?). Based mostly on the Scandinavian version of this mythological creature, rather than the English or German(yeah, I realize the images look to be females. I'll try to find male images in the future).

Concept Art

Imperial Raven

The Legion's deadly secret weapon, a dual wielding warrior-assassin hybrid. A cold blooded killer, which is why they don't like to use her, but feel they have to in order to defeat Ulfric's growing army. Uses the Raven Witch Armor mod.

Concept Art

Prince of Rags

A Robin Hood-esque noble archer and thief, who grew up poor in Riften. He steals from the rich and gives to the poor. Has two personas: his regular self that everyone knows just as a beggar on the streets, and an infamous masked criminal who steals from rich households. Doesn't kill unless absolutely necessary. Uses paralytic poisons to stop enemies he can't sneak by.

Concept Art

The Alpha   

Werewolf seducer from an ancient family of Nord werewolves. Uses Illusion to lure in females and then turns into a werewolf and turns on them. Uses the werewolf howl ability frequently and travels with a pacck of dogs. Is a quick and ferocious two-handed fighter when not in his beast form. 
    Concept Art

Captain build

A young Imperial commander who uses Illusion to buff his allies, then charges into battle with them using classic sword and board combat. A support-combat hybrid. 
    Concept Art

The Beast of Wrothgar

A huge beast, even for an Orc, this guy's only weapon is them hands. He uses Unarmed combat with Conjuration and Destruction magic to burn and pummel things at the same time with Flame Cloak, Flaming Familiars, Flame Atronachs, Fire Breath. Anything with fire, he likes it. 
    Concept Art

Something that uses this image

Possibly some evil political conspirator. Just a cool image so far.

Narcotic using Khajiit archer

Not much yet, just know that I want drugs to be a big part of this build as if being high grants her some form of clarity and control over her skills. Possibly going to make Night Eye a big part of the gameplay mechanics.

Concept Art

Crazy old guy build

No ideas yet, but he's going to be definitely a cooky old weirdo. Somewhat inspired by Karver's build, The Hermit, though it would have less to do with nature. Might have him travel around with a pet. Might possibly combine him with the build below to make a dichotomy. He would be this unsupecting crazy old man, but also has immense secret power through his other personalities that no one knows about. In a way it's like Yoshimura form Tokyo Ghoul, but crazy instead of being normal. Plus(Tokyo Ghoul spoiler ahead!) it was way too easy to guess he was the Owl.

Concept Art

Build using several different masks

A build that uses all of the Dragon Priest maks and the Wooden Mask. Each mask, when put on, embodies a different part of the character's personality. Each allows him different abilities and possibly has a different roleplay too. Might make some be very conflicting like one is a benevolent personality and another is very evil. Might combine with the build above.

Concept Art

The Ebonheart Cleanser

A Dunmer agent from Ebonheart in Morrowind, who wishes to carry out his mission of genocide in Skyrim, just as he did in many parts of Morrowind. I still haven't decided which race(s) he wants to get rid of. Dual wields daggers and uses destruction. Very fast and deadly.

Concept Art

Bonecarver

A necromancer that is actully more parts warrior than mage. A sort of 'lord of the dead'. He raises undead minions to fight for him and then goes into battle with a mace and shield, wearing heavy armor. He also steals souls just to have them(he doesn't use enchanting).

Concept Art

Tokyo Ghoul ghoul build

Tokyo Ghoul is my favorite anime, so I want to find a way to make something sort of like the ghouls' kagune so I can play as a ghoul. Not sure at all how I'm going to do that. Will have four different playstyles for the player to choose from depending on the type of kagune they want. 

Tokyo Ghoul CCG build

I also want to make a build based off of the ghoul investigators in Tokyo Ghoul. It'd be some sort of demon or vampire hunter. I'll try to find some interesting way through enchating to simluate a quinque.

The Soldier of the Sun

A classic sword and board warrior, but with a lot of fire enchanting. A powerful fighter who draws energy from the sun. Probably going to add a concept of being weaker at night and stronger during the day. 

Concept Art

The White Giant

An enormous, beastly man with skin as white as snow, who is just as likely to kill you with his fists as he is with his blade. Probably gonna make him a fearsome gladiator of some sort. 

Concept Art

The Forgotten

A once well-known, honored warrior is now an outcast for committing some rather ingloroius war crimes in the past. Now, the world has forgotten him and they shun him. He seeks not to restore his fame and glory, as it never meant much to him, but rather he seeks to restore his honor and bring to justice his superiors who ordered him to commit those crimes. As Dragonborn, he might finally get this chance. Probably going to make him a poor alcoholic working as a sellsword and millwoker to get by, then add some real character development as he moves up in the world again and changes his life. 

Concept Art

Soul Leach

A treacherous mage who uses black magicks to steal souls from others and sells them on the 'black market'. See is interested in slowly draining her opponent's life force and soul away, wanting to watch them suffer as they die. 

Concept Art

This post was edited by Blooded at April 10, 2017 2:14 PM EDT
    • 51 posts
    November 3, 2016 12:42 PM EDT

Added several new builds.

• 51 posts
    November 3, 2016 1:13 PM EDT

Added another new build.

• 585 posts
    November 3, 2016 1:47 PM EDT

The Nokken build is actually very similar to the Volkihar Clan in a lore sense. They supposedly live below frozen lakes and draw people below without breaking the surface. Maybe you could include something like this in your build? Even having a loose affiliation with the Volkihar would do, or you could be an offshoot breed of the Volkihar, tainted by impure blood and so cast out, along with having slightly different powers. This could even go so far as you being against the main group, and joining the Dawnguard as a result.

• 51 posts
    November 3, 2016 1:56 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

The Nokken build is actually very similar to the Volkihar Clan in a lore sense. They supposedly live below frozen lakes and draw people below without breaking the surface. Maybe you could include something like this in your build? Even having a loose affiliation with the Volkihar would do, or you could be an offshoot breed of the Volkihar, tainted by impure blood and so cast out, along with having slightly different powers. This could even go so far as you being against the main group, and joining the Dawnguard as a result.

That's pretty cool and it could really help for fitting into Elder Scrolls lore and fitting in the world and everything. I didn't know that about the Volkihar. I thought they were just an uppity old clan of vamps and that was it. I could kill 2 birds with one stone actually and make it that vampire build I was wanting to do. Not to mention that it would be quite different from usual vampire builds and very interesting. Thanks :)

• 51 posts
    November 4, 2016 11:48 PM EDT

Added 2 new ideas.

• 51 posts
    November 13, 2016 8:03 PM EST

Added new build.

• 51 posts
    November 17, 2016 12:17 AM EST

Added 3 new builds.

• 585 posts
    November 17, 2016 2:36 AM EST

The Forgotten is probably my favourite out of the new ones, it screams RP to me, and it would be interesting to see what a dishonoured warrior's views would be on a lot of the quests in Skyrim. For example, maybe he joins the Thieves Guild at first as a necessary evil to get by, but as his fame and wallet grows, he leaves it behind. It's actually really similar to the backstory for my next character, so I'm really into it right now.

• 51 posts
    November 17, 2016 2:41 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

The Forgotten is probably my favourite out of the new ones, it screams RP to me, and it would be interesting to see what a dishonoured warrior's views would be on a lot of the quests in Skyrim. For example, maybe he joins the Thieves Guild at first as a necessary evil to get by, but as his fame and wallet grows, he leaves it behind. It's actually really similar to the backstory for my next character, so I'm really into it right now.

I like the way you think. That's exactly where I was headed, even considering the Brotherhood because it would give him chances to strike from the shadows against the people he wants to take down.