Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim SE - Mods?

• 288 posts
    November 2, 2016 4:11 PM EDT

Tried it. It's ugly. Shades are afwul, lens flare is annoying. Faces are without any smoothing. Managed to stand it until character creation then went back to modded LE :P

• 312 posts
    November 2, 2016 4:50 PM EDT
    One of the first mods I got was to decrease the freakin' yellow filter. Things should not be that orange.
    • 558 posts
    November 2, 2016 7:59 PM EDT

Is it really that bad? What a failure.

• 1467 posts
    November 2, 2016 8:49 PM EDT

Tried it. It's ugly. Shades are afwul, lens flare is annoying. Faces are without any smoothing. Managed to stand it until character creation then went back to modded LE :P

Let me put it this way... compared to Skyrim (PC) on Ultra, yeah it's that bad...Compared to Skyrim (PC) with massive graphical mods, yeah it's that bad. Compared to Skyrim (Console) it's insanely better, compared to PC with no mods, running on the lower settings, it's much better.

The only people who I think can really be dissapointed with the visuals are those who could run Skyrim on High settings for PC, compared to what us consolers had before, there's just no contest. I think it's an important distinction to make, because from what Overhate's said in the past his PC was good enough to run ENB's and probably other graphical mods (Correct me if I'm wrong there Overhate) so his copy of Skyrim probably looks better than most games released in the last two years.

• 627 posts
    November 2, 2016 8:58 PM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

Let me put it this way... compared to Skyrim (PC) on Ultra, yeah it's that bad...Compared to Skyrim (PC) with massive graphical mods, yeah it's that bad. Compared to Skyrim (Console) it's insanely better, compared to PC with no mods, running on the lower settings, it's much better.

The only people who I think can really be dissapointed with the visuals are those who could run Skyrim on High settings for PC, compared to what us consolers had before, there's just no contest. I think it's an important distinction to make, because from what Overhate's said in the past his PC was good enough to run ENB's and probably other graphical mods (Correct me if I'm wrong there Overhate) so his copy of Skyrim probably looks better than most games released in the last two years.

Honestly the best thing about the SE on pc is that it's 64bit, other then that I'm fairly sure they only gave it to pc users because most of them (ok so the more vocal bitchy ones that is) would bitch about not getting something that the "console peasents" were getting.

• 3 posts
    November 6, 2016 7:47 PM EST

omg, I'm loving the SE mods for the xone.  I had to stop ESO for awhile even though I created a new character.  I couldn't wait to see the remastered lands again.  My fav mod has to be the Dragonborn Crafting Hall.  Especially when you don't want to start all over again, which I know sometimes is fun, but I wanted to jump right in since I couldn't import any old characters.  Nothing like Dragonscale armor at level 20 :).  

I don't like the natural hair mod.  Makes Vorstag, my man, have girly hair. :(

Also like the more blood splatter mod, vivid weathers.  I'm also playing the perked out tree mod.  I'm trying to get my speech up to speak with animals.  There is so much you can do now!  I'm waiting though for the mods that enhances the cities.  I haven't seen that one yet.

I agree that Bethesda's mod site stinks.  If myself or my husband downloads a mod on the console, whenever we start our game, if he installed one it automatically enables on my game.  Which doesn't make sense since we have separate Bethesda mod accounts.  Perhaps there's something I'm doing wrong?

Just glad to be in this world again with new things.

• 104 posts
    November 7, 2016 3:56 AM EST

Could someone help me please, I cannot use the unofficial skyrim patch, my game will not start if I do, if I have an ongoing game then enable USP then it works fine, whats up with that, pleeeeases

• 1467 posts
    November 7, 2016 4:14 AM EST

Could someone help me please, I cannot use the unofficial skyrim patch, my game will not start if I do, if I have an ongoing game then enable USP then it works fine, whats up with that, pleeeeases

I've been having an issue with my game starting too (it's a bit different from yours). Whenever I start a new character I get stuck once Alduin attacks, which is really weird.

Anyway, have you checked to make sure it isn't a compatability issue? I doubt it is but that's always a good place to start. Other then that you should change your load order so that the unofficial patch comes is the very first mod. I've just gotten that from the Nexus Page, but they don't have any Xbox specific bug fixes or issues mentioned, so it might be one of those two. Otherwise I'm 100% lost but I'll see if I can find anything about it.

Here is a thread about some bugs with the Unofficial Patch, I'm not sure if any of them match your game but the main issue is that they've only mentioned the two fixes that I've mentioned really. If these two don't work, then I'd suggest just leaving it out, I've personally played with and without the patch on PC and hoenstly preferred the game without it. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at November 7, 2016 4:24 AM EST
    • 104 posts
    November 7, 2016 4:32 AM EST

You are a Gent, thank you, Just read that article it seems its the USP thats the problem, OMG great minds think alike I have almost exactly the same load order as the person on the blog, lol ah well no USP for me just now

This post was edited by Bonelord at November 7, 2016 4:35 AM EST
    • 1467 posts
    November 7, 2016 5:39 AM EST

You are a Gent, thank you, Just read that article it seems its the USP thats the problem, OMG great minds think alike I have almost exactly the same load order as the person on the blog, lol ah well no USP for me just now

Yeah, seems a bit strange that USP is such a difficult mod on Xbox considering it's such a massive mod on PC where I've never really had any issues, and never heard of any as big as yours and what were in that thread.  If it was on PS4 I'd trouble shoot it a little bit, but from what I can tell this is just going to have to wait until they update the Xbone version.

Oh, do check the mod page to see if the uploader has an email or URL where you can leave bug information, they might be able to fix it that way.

• 77 posts
    November 7, 2016 8:45 AM EST

EllMarie said:

I agree that Bethesda's mod site stinks.  If myself or my husband downloads a mod on the console, whenever we start our game, if he installed one it automatically enables on my game.  Which doesn't make sense since we have separate Bethesda mod accounts.  Perhaps there's something I'm doing wrong?

Hi EllMarie,

My husband and I are having the same issue on PS4, I hadn't even registered for mods and it added them to my vanilla save. We tried contacting Bethesda support but didn't really get a straight answer other than gaming together is good for the relationship and that we should tell the other person what mods we've installed :-/

Not helpful if you have a long-ish list and you have to reset them each time either of you starts up a save game 

Will probably see if the Bethesda guys on Twitter can give a better answer, I was afraid it was PS4 specific, but now curious if it's just all consoles?

• 3 posts
    November 7, 2016 11:31 AM EST

Meli said:

EllMarie said:

Hi EllMarie,

My husband and I are having the same issue on PS4, I hadn't even registered for mods and it added them to my vanilla save. We tried contacting Bethesda support but didn't really get a straight answer other than gaming together is good for the relationship and that we should tell the other person what mods we've installed :-/

Not helpful if you have a long-ish list and you have to reset them each time either of you starts up a save game 

Will probably see if the Bethesda guys on Twitter can give a better answer, I was afraid it was PS4 specific, but now curious if it's just all consoles?

Wow Meli, great answer from Bethesda!  Yeah let me know if you get anything else from them.  While yeah great having mods perhaps you'll both use, it's not beneficial when one is playing a different strategy than the other.  Then why do we have to even register for a Bethesda account then, I don't know.

• 312 posts
    November 8, 2016 11:39 AM EST

Meli said:

We tried contacting Bethesda support but didn't really get a straight answer other than gaming together is good for the relationship and that we should tell the other person what mods we've installed :-/

Customer Service 101:  Don't do this. xD