Forums » Introduce Yourself

• 8 posts
    October 28, 2016 6:11 PM EDT

Hi, Ryoko here. I want to introduce myself to the community I wanna be a part of :)

I have not been a gamer whole my life but it has been like 7 years I guess. My favorite kinds of games are card games and RPG (surprise). I have been playing Yugioh competitively since 2011, just dropped it for MTG this year. I also play Pokemon and lots of other card games. Designing cards for them is also a hobby of mine. 

I started to play Skyrim last year. Yeah, I know but I did have a very bad computer in my defense. Since then I also finished Oblivion and got midway through Morrowind and Arena. Also played out Fallout games and I am currently playing FO4 as well. 

My non-gaming hobbies are drawing and writing (mostly game related, though :P. I was really into FRP until last year.)

I have also a question. I am planning to share my builds and I was wondering how mods are received in character builds posts. Ordinator is one of my essential mods. I don't usually use other impactful mods on character builds but some of my builds would not be possible without Ordinator. 

Anyway, pleased to meet you all :)

• 367 posts
    October 28, 2016 7:41 PM EDT

Awwwooo

Hello Ryokoichi and welcome to The Tamriel Vault. I'm Sotek, the Resident Argonian Werewolf. It's great to find members who have delved into Morrowind and Oblivion as well as Skyrim. If your drawings and artwork are based around TES and Fallout then you'll be able to post them on the site here. We've a fair few talented artists and the Art group is quite active. 

We've also got a a place for members who write TES and FAllout stories. Have a look in The Story Corner when you get a chance. 

(Watchout for the Argonian Host though. He's a werewolf!)

Builds and Mods is a vexed question. Some Builders feel Mods adds to the CB while others don't. In all fairness this is better answered by someone else. What I will say and this is something I stand by is:

It don't matter if you have a build with mods or not. What matters is the time and effort you put into it. Listen to advice from your peers, take feedback in good faith and make your build the best you can then you will have no issues what so ever. We've a workshop where you can put your build together and recieve feedback to help you make it shine. There are members willing to help with Art, Perk Spreads and Lore. 

Hope to see you around the site.

Sotek Loyal Hound of Hircine

• 312 posts
    October 28, 2016 11:38 PM EDT

Hello, there! :D

I work in the Workshop, and I can tell you that we endeavor to give the best feedback we can. In any case, welcome to the Vault, and I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

- WuYiXiang

• 8 posts
    October 29, 2016 5:24 AM EDT

Thank you both :) 

• 1595 posts
    October 30, 2016 3:10 AM EDT

Mmmm. I loved Ryoko in the Tenchi series. Any connection? Welcome, btw :)

• 8 posts
    October 30, 2016 3:29 AM EDT
    Thanks. I picked the name when I first joined a forum on internet which was almost 10 years ago. I dont even remember where the name comes from :D