Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim SE - Character Build Plans

• ACD
    • 13 posts
    October 28, 2016 2:27 AM EDT
    After having 4 or 5 characters on the bounce with Skyrim LE, I now have a rather sobering decision to make. Where do I start now? I was in the middle of a build play test on LE but that seems like a waste - to start on an experiment if I want to full experience.

Alas, for this decision has consumed me. I'll work it out when the game arrives I'm sure.

Which leads me to the question - what build will be your first in Skyrim SE?
    • 627 posts
    October 28, 2016 2:45 AM EDT

Dunno that's months away for me :P

It's sitting in my steam library just waiting while I ignore it. But when I finally do get the new pc that I've been planning on getting for the past several months (ever since just before my grandmother died... that was a lot less funny then I thought it would be, especially since it's true...) I'll probably just make a character to dick around with. So basically Cyre :D

• 288 posts
    October 28, 2016 4:26 AM EDT

Is there any real point in getting this SE for PC? After all the trouble of setting up ENB and downloading high-res texture mods. Because so far I'm not impressed by the graphics quality of the screenshots and Youtube "let's play"'s I've seen.

• 627 posts
    October 28, 2016 4:31 AM EDT

I'm sure at some point there will be mods that you can only get with SE, but then the same can be said for the standard edition and all those mods that may never be updated to work with SE.

As for me I don't have all those high-res textures or an ENB since my laptop can't run them, so when I finally can I might as well have a slightly higher starting point

• 1595 posts
    October 28, 2016 5:04 AM EDT

ACD said: After having 4 or 5 characters on the bounce with Skyrim LE, I now have a rather sobering decision to make. Where do I start now? I was in the middle of a build play test on LE but that seems like a waste - to start on an experiment if I want to full experience. Alas, for this decision has consumed me. I'll work it out when the game arrives I'm sure. Which leads me to the question - what build will be your first in Skyrim SE?

That is the very question I am asking myself as I await the game's delivery. Even now I still haven't decided. A lot will depend on the mods available when I browse, but I may yet participate in the CB event. 

• 627 posts
    October 28, 2016 5:20 AM EDT

Phil said:

ACD said: After having 4 or 5 characters on the bounce with Skyrim LE, I now have a rather sobering decision to make. Where do I start now? I was in the middle of a build play test on LE but that seems like a waste - to start on an experiment if I want to full experience. Alas, for this decision has consumed me. I'll work it out when the game arrives I'm sure. Which leads me to the question - what build will be your first in Skyrim SE?

That is the very question I am asking myself as I await the game's delivery. Even now I still haven't decided. A lot will depend on the mods available when I browse, but I may yet participate in the CB event. 

Do it Phil :D

• 295 posts
    October 28, 2016 6:53 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Phil said:

Do it Phil :D

Yeah, do it. You know you wanna.

I'm liking it so far. It felt good raiding Khajiit chest again and exploiting the atronach stone. :P Gonna use this game to see if I can do all the achievements in a single playthrough and enjoy some no strings attached gaming. The wonderful thing is that I've got my immersive playthroughs in my other skyrim. 

• 1595 posts
    October 28, 2016 7:41 AM EDT

Ah, you know how it is Lis, need to check out the Seraphim Female Body Replacer mod... A determing factor in any new project is the, err, aesthetics :p

• 585 posts
    October 28, 2016 1:03 PM EDT

I'm no where near creative enough to come up with a new build, so I'm going with Henson's classic Sun Priest, with some additional priesty RP to spice it up.

And I'd just like to say that the game looks gorgeous from the few hours I've been able to play it. Making the game more colourful and increasing the amount of fauna (which I think they did?) goes miles, it looks incredible. Then again, this is just a console peasant mewing, I'm sure PC could look this good years ago.

• 312 posts
    October 28, 2016 10:35 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

And I'd just like to say that the game looks gorgeous from the few hours I've been able to play it. Making the game more colourful and increasing the amount of fauna (which I think they did?) goes miles, it looks incredible. Then again, this is just a console peasant mewing, I'm sure PC could look this good years ago.

I've only ever lightly modded Skyrim, and this is a huge upgrade. That said, I'm happy that 90% of my mods made it over to Special Edition (minus SkyUI, of course).

• ACD
    • 13 posts
    October 29, 2016 1:18 AM EDT
    I'm completely biased towards this game. So my advice would always be 'get it' which isn't that helpful. I've only been able to find about an hour to play it so far. But the alternate start mod along with frostfall has blown me out of the water. Modding is completely new to me and I can't believe how seamless it is on Xbox one. Bloody good job to the modders and Bethesda for it being so. Im currently play testing a Altmer Stormcloak for the event build. Let's see if I can find more time to play today.
    • 585 posts
    October 29, 2016 5:38 AM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Zonnonn said:

I've only ever lightly modded Skyrim, and this is a huge upgrade. That said, I'm happy that 90% of my mods made it over to Special Edition (minus SkyUI, of course).

I'm refusing to get any mods until I've played through the game at least once, and I might never install 'em. Little stuff like Alternate Start might be alright, though.

• 288 posts
    October 29, 2016 7:11 AM EDT

Ok, so this is an image that has been circulating the TV, obviously from Skyrim SE:

And this is (more or less) the same scenery from my ENB modded standard Skyrim LE:

I kind of like mine more, especially the reflection of the mountain in the lake which is missing in the top picture. But of course different people may have a different opinion.

• 104 posts
    October 29, 2016 7:40 AM EDT

Well bugger me, I used a Mod on Skyrim for the very first time, Live another life, it was mental, I chose to be  Necromancer in a location, but I was really pissed when they sent me to Sinderons lab in bloody Blackreach, lol

• 312 posts
    October 29, 2016 3:50 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

I'm refusing to get any mods until I've played through the game at least once, and I might never install 'em. Little stuff like Alternate Start might be alright, though.

I have that same mentality, but since I've already played Skyrim, this hardly counts (imo). The mods I'm using are all immersion-based mods (no load screen between cities and the outside, lanterns on the roads, better road signs, less yellow filter and the like). Nothing that changes gameplay except Alternate Start and the Unoffical Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

• 490 posts
    October 29, 2016 5:13 PM EDT
    Well I have 21 builds planned. Posting may be a different story
  • ACD
    • 13 posts
    October 29, 2016 6:16 PM EDT
    I went completely the opposite way than I thought I would. I'm replaying my Kyne's Storm build because I want to add some mod notes to it now that mods are more easily accessed and seemed to have used ones that - although keeping true to the feel of skyrim - really change the way it can be played. Frostfall, perk overhaul, larger magic lists, levelled enemies, respecced looting and hunting tweaks are some examples. The dynamism of the game never ceases to amaze me.