Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bethesda's Skyrim Memories

• 104 posts
    October 20, 2016 11:31 AM EDT

Greetings, With Bethesda publishing their Memorable Moments on Bethesda.net https://bethesda.net/en/article/48cxwnl5PyEAK2aYII4C4Q/7-memorable-moments-from-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim I wondered what are yours, do you have one of those special moments that happened while you were playing the game? Me? well mine is easy its Dragon Down, the first time a Dragon "crash landed" during my first playthrough I was hooked, I have downed many since then but my first was just amazing. Please share your Memorable Moments with us in the comments below we would love to read them, and who knows with the release of Special addition we may even make more.

This post was edited by Bonelord at October 20, 2016 11:38 AM EDT
    • 312 posts
    October 20, 2016 11:59 AM EDT

I think my most memorable moment was getting assaulted by flying mammoths. They died when they hit the floor, but fleeing from giant wool magic carpets is less fun than you'd imagine. Especially if they're angry at you.

• 104 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:39 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

I think my most memorable moment was getting assaulted by flying mammoths. They died when they hit the floor, but fleeing from giant wool magic carpets is less fun than you'd imagine. Especially if they're angry at you.

Wow man rogue flying Mammoths, lol Duck!!!!!!!

• 585 posts
    October 20, 2016 3:27 PM EDT

Mine was probably within an hour or two of first playing. I was playing a stealthy archer assassin (which I'm pretty sure was everyone's first character, thanks Seth) in the Imperial Armour the Imperial Captain was wearing. Thanks to the afore mentioned videos, I decided that I'd attempt to exterminate the population of Whiterun, little did I know that this would be happening a lot in the next few years. Turns out a level 2 armour-clad noob wasn't too good at sneaking, and I was caught so I had to reload. Felt brilliant though.

• 1467 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:14 PM EDT

Well, obviously there was my first time taking Skooma in Skyrim (which honestly wasn't as great as I thought it would be). My most memorable moment from early on would definitely be my first time Dual-Wielding, it wasn't the first time in a game I could do it, but with Skyrim it just felt more awesome than it ever had for me. Kind of gave me my obsession with the style.

Oh, and who could forget their first Chicken Murder, or the first time they felt macho because they helped kill the Giant with the Companions outside of Whiterun (though really...easiest Giant fight ever). First time climbing a mountain on a horse, first time finishing the Companions and thinking...huh that was kinda meh (which I suppose goes for all the non Thieves Guild factions for me.)

• 312 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:16 PM EDT
    @ DB - All of the factions were pretty meh for me, unless you count "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!" as a Dark Brotherhood quest. :P
    • 6 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:30 PM EDT
    Finding mehrunes razor shards within the first 10 hours of playing skyrim on release day. Something about finding the shards with no context to them, when you normally come across daedric artifacts with their respective quests really made it special.
    I'm wasn't even level 10 with these shards in my inventory like "WHERE IS THE REST OF IT!?"
    • 1441 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:38 PM EDT

Oh so many to count. One of the most that sticks out in my mind, was the first time, WAY back in 2011, when my first character was acknowledged as Dragonborn, when I slew my first Dragon and took its Soul. 

• 1467 posts
    October 20, 2016 10:13 PM EDT

@ DB - All of the factions were pretty meh for me, unless you count "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!" as a Dark Brotherhood quest. :P

Heh, I don't think I liked quest as much as the fact that it was an option to complete it, ya know?

• 104 posts
    October 21, 2016 6:42 AM EDT

Chris said:

Oh so many to count. One of the most that sticks out in my mind, was the first time, WAY back in 2011, when my first character was acknowledged as Dragonborn, when I slew my first Dragon and took its Soul. 

Yeah man it was pretty special, but a bit amusing also some guy comes along with a strange accent you must be Dragonborn.

• 41 posts
    October 21, 2016 10:28 AM EDT

Oh I have a good one.

There I was, playing one of the many paladin-like characters that I've played. This one was a breton, sword n' board, heavy armor, no "offensive" magick (no tossing fireballs and the like)

I was doing the quest Diplomatic Immunity. So I went to Solitude, talked to Malborn and gave him all my gear. Weapons, armor, everything. Then I made my way to the stables to talk to Delphine, wearing nothing but common clothes and completely unarmed.

Now guess what happend while I was talking to her.

Yep. A dragon showed up.

So there was my character, with no armor, no weapons, watching while the dragon rained fire upon the city guard.

Luckily, this character had two or three perks in conjuration, and knew the bound sword spell, so I had something to defend myself with.

It turned out to be an awesome fight because I had to completely change the character's playstyle. Blocking shouts with wards instead of interrupting them with bashes, carefully dodging bites with footwork instead of blocking, not to mention the bound sword dealt significantly less damage than my skyforge steel sword :v

In the end the dragon died, and I got a pretty badass memory.

This post was edited by Jéferson at October 21, 2016 11:15 AM EDT
    • 104 posts
    October 21, 2016 10:49 AM EDT

Jéferson said:

Oh I have a good one.

There was I, playing one of the many paladin-like characters that I've played. This one was a breton, sword n' board, heavy armor, no "offensive" magick (no tossing fireballs and the like)

I was doing the quest Diplomatic Immunity. So I went to Solitude, talked to Malborn and gave him all my gear. Weapons, armor, everything. Then I made my way to the stables to talk to Delphine, wearing nothing but common clothes and completely unarmed.

Yep. A dragon showed up.

So there was my character, with no armor, no weapons, watching while the dragon rained fire upon the city guard.

Luckily, this character had two or three perks in conjuration, and knew the bound sword spell, so I had something to defend myself with.

It turned out to be an awesome fight because I had to completely change the character's playstyle. Blocking shouts with wards instead of interrupting them with bashes, carefully dodging bites with footwork instead of blocking, not to mention the bound sword dealt significantly less damage than my skyforge steel sword :v

Now that is badass my friend, you must have wondered if you were going to survive, I expect this will stay in your memory for a very long time

• 41 posts
    October 21, 2016 11:02 AM EDT

Bonelord said:

Jéferson said:

Oh I have a good one.

There was I, playing one of the many paladin-like characters that I've played. This one was a breton, sword n' board, heavy armor, no "offensive" magick (no tossing fireballs and the like)

Yep. A dragon showed up.

Now that is badass my friend, you must have wondered if you were going to survive, I expect this will stay in your memory for a very long time

Yeah. My first reaction when I was talking with Delphine and that big shadow just flew over the stables was "Sssssh*t".

• 21 posts
    October 21, 2016 11:19 AM EDT

My most memorable moment hands down was my first time stepping foot in Sovngarde. No matter how many times I have completed the main quest, I always get this feeling of awe and wonder when I jump into the portal at Skuldafn and enter the afterlife of my Nordic forefathers. 

• 273 posts
    October 21, 2016 12:08 PM EDT

I vividly remember being an Argonian on my first every character, in heavy armor (I looked ridiculous), I didn't follow to Riverwood, I had the Warrior stone I think. Well, I walked in the opposite direction to Hadvar and found myself in the dark, I had no idea where I was (I now know I was near Falkreath) and then I saw a Giant and thought "maybe he's friendly?"

Never have I been more wrong.

• 490 posts
    October 21, 2016 4:14 PM EDT
    Probably the first time rolling with some Daedric artifacts! Especially trolling around with the Wabbajack and Sanguine Rose to just melt everything in my way.
    • 277 posts
    October 21, 2016 4:26 PM EDT

The first time I became visually aware of Blackreach... damn!

• 558 posts
    October 21, 2016 10:09 PM EDT

One of my most memorable moments was when I got Sanguine's Rose in Skyrim. It was a fun quest and the artifact blew me away; the dremora were strong as hell and at the time I didn't know there was a summon dremora spell. 

• 1 posts
    October 24, 2016 11:11 PM EDT

I was doing a roleplay where I'd only sell pelts and smithed armor. I was overjoyed after doing a quest and getting 100+ septims (it was either a bounty quest for Proventus or the Golden Claw quest).

• 248 posts
    October 24, 2016 11:47 PM EDT

Noodles said:

The first time I became visually aware of Blackreach... damn!

Wholeheartily agree with you Noodles. I still think Blackreach is one of the best full sensory experiences in gaming. Completely blew me away. 

Now that I haven't played in a while, I fondly remember the pilgrimage to the Grey Beards. Climbing the steps became a bit of an annoyance after many playthroughs. But the first time, when the wind and snow are crushing you and...oh look a Frost Troll I have little chance of defeating...great. But you manage...and learn to shout...it brings a smile to my face now. And the views up there...worth it.

This post was edited by Mottyskills at October 24, 2016 11:48 PM EDT
    • 8 posts
    October 25, 2016 12:10 AM EDT
    My most memorable moment was when I just bought a horse and a dragon showed up.

I was all "ok, I could more experience."

I get off my horse and the dragon swoops, knocking my horse OVER THE WINDHELM BRIDGE and then left.

Best part; my horse survived.
  • ACD
    • 13 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:54 AM EDT
    For me, fleeing from two mammoths and a giant, running head first into the word wall where Krosis is and then a dragon showing up. In hindsight, I survived longer than I should have.
    • 641 posts
    October 25, 2016 3:19 AM EDT

The first time I went and tried to speak to a giant and it sent me in to orbit. I was like "wow was that meant to happen or was that a bug?"

• 77 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:21 PM EDT

Becoming a werewolf for the first time.  Not the post ritual transformation which is awkward, confusing, and brilliant, but right after when you wake up near Gallows with Aela.  We sneak up to the ruined fort and after some brief scouting my spellsword decides to see just what the beast can do.  A few minuts later i'm tearing the heart out of the Skinner in vengeance of Skjor.

Skyrim is still the best game when it comes to simulating lycanthropy and the werewolves just look awsome. 

• 312 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:23 PM EDT

Vargr White-Tree said:

Skyrim is still the best game when it comes to simulating lycanthropy and the werewolves just look awsome. 

I haven't played many games that simulate lycanthropy at all, so I can't comment on that one. I liked the older werewolf look. This one looks too hairless for my liking.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 25, 2016 2:23 PM EDT