Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim for Nintendo switch your thoughts?

• 411 posts
    October 20, 2016 11:09 AM EDT
    So nintendo just revealed the nintendo switch and turns out it will have Skyrim AND ITS PORTABLE! I was gonna get it for the new zelda but now i am throwing my money at nintendo.

https://youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI
    • 261 posts
    October 20, 2016 11:21 AM EDT
    Hear that? That's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor at Mach 5.

Seriously though, portable Skyrim? Hell yes. The fact that Nintendo is getting an ES game is awesome, too.
    • 694 posts
    October 20, 2016 11:34 AM EDT

Man I LOVE the sound of portable Skyrim. This is going to revolutionize my lunch breaks!! Awesome news!

• 312 posts
    October 20, 2016 11:57 AM EDT

Is Nintendo finally expanding its market past kiddies? Don't get me wrong, it has a good number of games marketed for older people, but it seems like all they want to talk about is stuff like Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda while shunting Metroid and Fire Emblem under the rug. Doesn't help that they're basically "kiddifying" Fire Emblem, either.

This is a good thing for Nintendo, and it's one that I've been waiting for.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 20, 2016 12:03 PM EDT
    • 557 posts
    October 20, 2016 12:25 PM EDT

Well I wasn't originally excited for the new Nintendo console, but now... Hell. Yes. Portable Skyrim = instabuy!

• 641 posts
    October 20, 2016 1:00 PM EDT

No way will mods be enabled on this though, right? Nintendo are even weirder about that stuff than Sony.

Regardless this is super cool and weird and I love it.

• 312 posts
    October 20, 2016 1:06 PM EDT
    The day Nintendo announces mod support is the day my world comes crashing down around me.
    • 627 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:13 PM EDT

I'm very tempted by portable Skyrim, so very tempted :D

• 1467 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:52 PM EDT

Eh, I'll probably be getting one anyway so I don't this changes my mind, I'm already super pumped for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

But yes, this is extremely exciting, this is honestly the most interesting gaming related news I've heard in a fair while (since Skyrim SE was announced I guess), portable full-on gaming is pretty awesome.

• 558 posts
    October 20, 2016 9:04 PM EDT

I'm kind of skeptical about how Skyrim will run on the thing (+ the battery life).

• 641 posts
    October 23, 2016 6:49 AM EDT

I'm not to bothered about the battery life. If you are traveling for that long, chances are you will have access to a power supply at some point. I just love that we now have a Nintendo platform that have decided to bring in games like Skyrim.

• 15 posts
    October 24, 2016 5:17 AM EDT

This was a lie. Bethesda says it has not confirmed Skyrim will be on this tablet. That means the screenshots were fake and maybe all of their screenshots were fake. I was excited when I saw the trailer but now I am starting to smell something cod-like.

• 312 posts
    October 24, 2016 5:18 AM EDT

"Fake" is a little extreme, but it is pretty strange no matter how you look at it.

• 627 posts
    October 24, 2016 5:26 AM EDT

It's more likely that they wont confirm it being on the switch until after the special edition is released for the other consoles (that is if it is on the switch), so that they can get people's money from that instead of having a bunch of people wait until next year to give them their money. Instead they'll maybe get to lots of money.

Also just becuase they haven't confirmed it doesn't mean they faked the footage. For all we know they could have thrown together a version to work just for that trailer to emphasis the 3rd party support since most people will recognise Skyrim.

This post was edited by Golden Fool at October 24, 2016 5:28 AM EDT
    • 641 posts
    October 25, 2016 8:22 AM EDT

The footage wasn't faked. If you are talking about them adding in the video in post, thats how video production works.

• 83 posts
    June 15, 2017 9:33 AM EDT

I want it, but I first want Bethesda to remove the Skyrim QA team, and bring in competent individuals to check the game for crashes, bugs, etc.