Forums » The Lounge

What's your favorite weapon?

• 321 posts
    October 15, 2016 9:18 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said: @ Relycs - So a lever-action sawed-off... sniper...? Wut?

Eh, that's not the most confusing weapon I've heard off. Try imagining a compact sniper scythe...

• 1467 posts
    October 15, 2016 10:13 PM EDT

Hmm, it depends. I'm a huge fan of the Ebony Blade or Blade's Sword from Skyrim, Oblivion's Steel Sword, from Fallout in general it'd just be the Katana from NV (GRA I think...or GRA made it good).

Basically the more Katana like the sword the better, but I am a big fan of any throwing weapon or spear. 

• 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:01 PM EDT

Axius Revan said:

Eh, that's not the most confusing weapon I've heard off. Try imagining a compact sniper scythe...

See, that's so over the top weird that it went right back around to being easy to imagine...

• 1441 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:22 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Axius Revan said:

See, that's so over the top weird that it went right back around to being easy to imagine...

Ruby Rose would disagree with you, she has one

• 312 posts
    October 16, 2016 12:18 AM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

Hmm, it depends. I'm a huge fan of the Ebony Blade or Blade's Sword from Skyrim, Oblivion's Steel Sword, from Fallout in general it'd just be the Katana from NV (GRA I think...or GRA made it good).

Basically the more Katana like the sword the better, but I am a big fan of any throwing weapon or spear. 

I see the Dragonborn likes curved swords. Slim curved swords, but curved swords nonetheless.

• 312 posts
    October 18, 2016 11:13 PM EDT
    Started playing Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires again, and I must say I prefer the simple weapon designs to the higher-level weapons. Also, the rank 1 Bladebow's design is sleeeeeek!
    • 127 posts
    October 19, 2016 12:17 PM EDT

Truly, the Elven Warmhammer is a thing of beauty.

...I just noticed the typo, but I like it, so I'm leaving it in.

This post was edited by J.D. Primrose at October 19, 2016 12:18 PM EDT
    • 312 posts
    October 19, 2016 2:31 PM EDT

Are we talkingSkyrim or Oblivion?

• 127 posts
    October 19, 2016 4:52 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Are we talkingSkyrim or Oblivion?

I was referring to the Skyrim one, but the Oblivion one is more glorious.  But that bird theming, the colour, the sleek look are all wonderful to see covered in the blood of my foes.

• 224 posts
    October 19, 2016 5:27 PM EDT

My favorite weapon would be the Double-bladed Lightsaber from any of the Star Wars games.

• 312 posts
    October 19, 2016 6:21 PM EDT
    I prefer Vibroblades to Lightsabers, myself.
    • 113 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:27 AM EDT
    Dragonrider's Twinblade from Dark Souls 2. Just love stunlocking. Starfang from Dragon Age: Origins (dah memories...)
    • 312 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:16 AM EDT
    Which Starfang? ._.
    • 627 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:14 AM EDT

Sindeed said: Dragonrider's Twinblade from Dark Souls 2. Just love stunlocking. Starfang from Dragon Age: Origins (dah memories...)

Ah yes the Superman Sword, such fond memories.

As for myself, the one that comes to mind the easiest would have to be the iron sword from Skyrim. Purely because there's beauty in the simplisity of its design. The guards can make fun of me all they want (and yes I do happen to kill butterflies on occasion :P) for when it comes down to it an iron sword will kill something just like any other weapon, sure it may take a little longer but it gets there in the end.

Now if I'm thinking about fallout, it would have to be the shishkebab. Because as I once described it to a friend: "Its a sword. That's on fire. A fire sword."

• 45 posts
    October 20, 2016 9:58 AM EDT
    I like Kotal Kahns greatsword from mkx. I know its based off a real world weapon, I cant remember the name of it, some aztec/mayan word XD zabuzas sword, lanius' sword, squalls gunblade, sephiroths masamune, the list goes on, but just imagine giant swords, and thats the list XD
    • 312 posts
    October 20, 2016 10:20 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

As for myself, the one that comes to mind the easiest would have to be the iron sword from Skyrim. Purely because there's beauty in the simplisity of its design. The guards can make fun of me all they want (and yes I do happen to kill butterflies on occasion :P) for when it comes down to it an iron sword will kill something just like any other weapon, sure it may take a little longer but it gets there in the end.

Now if I'm thinking about fallout, it would have to be the shishkebab. Because as I once described it to a friend: "Its a sword. That's on fire. A fire sword."

Honestly, the Iron Sword is a bit too simple for my taste. Now Steel, that's a good look right there. About the Shishkabob, there is literally nothing wrong with that concept. Nothing could ever go wrong, and even if it did, it would be so, so right.

Capricorn said: I like Kotal Kahns greatsword from mkx. I know its based off a real world weapon, I cant remember the name of it, some aztec/mayan word XD zabuzas sword, lanius' sword, squalls gunblade, sephiroths masamune, the list goes on, but just imagine giant swords, and thats the list XD

Get me a pic, and I'll see if I can't identify it. :P

• 224 posts
    October 20, 2016 3:14 PM EDT

I forgot to also add any of the Legendary/Seraph/Pearlescent weapons made by Torgue because EXPLOSIONS!!!

• 312 posts
    October 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT

The Thief said:

I forgot to also add any of the Legendary/Seraph/Pearlescent weapons made by Torgue because EXPLOSIONS!!!

I'm sad to say I have zero idea what you're referring to. If you'd kindly provide a link to their awesomeness, I would be much obliged.

• 224 posts
    October 24, 2016 10:12 AM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

The Thief said:

I'm sad to say I have zero idea what you're referring to. If you'd kindly provide a link to their awesomeness, I would be much obliged.

You never played Borderlands 2? Also, here are some links Looter's GuideMr. Torgue's Awesomeness, and More Info about Torgue. I can't find any great videos of the guns in action. If I find some I will post them :)

• 312 posts
    October 24, 2016 11:24 AM EDT
    The Thief said:

WuYiXiang said:

The Thief said:

You never played Borderlands 2? Also, here are some links Looter's GuideMr. Torgue's Awesomeness, and More Info about Torgue. I can't find any great videos of the guns in action. If I find some I will post them :)

Not a fan of Borderlands (or FPS in general).