Forums » The Lounge

What's your favorite weapon?

• 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 10:57 AM EDT

Just out of curiosity...

Out of all the weapons we've seen in video games, from classic longswords to the Super Sledge, what's your favorite weapon design of them all? Why do you like it so much?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Vár from Valkyria Chronicles III:  Unrecorded Chronicles. As Ace's favored weapon, it's a cross between an anti-tank cannon, a heavy machine gun, and a greatsword. It can even fit a flamethrower and grenade launcher as attachments! What's there not to like about it?

Vár

Imca (AKA "Ace" or "Number 1") wielding the Vár.

If this beauty isn't intimidating, I don't know what is. The weapon, that is...

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 15, 2016 11:01 AM EDT
    • 277 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:08 AM EDT

I haven't played Assassin's Creed since 3 but the hidden blade is still my favourite weapon. :D

• 321 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:11 AM EDT

Honestly, I would choose any weapon from Bloodborne, but I'll go for the Burial Blade, because it has a curved sword. CURVED SWORD! 

• 277 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:16 AM EDT

Yeah, sometimes. :D

Anyone seen that Skyrim Gamer Poop episode with the curved joke? :))

• 321 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:18 AM EDT

I've seen too many to remember ;)

• 96 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:33 AM EDT
    Hmm probably the Vaykor Marelok from Warframe. It's essentially a fast-shooting, cut-down sniper-pistol that prepares another bullet after each shot with the badass shotgun-reload of the Terminator in Judgement Day.
    http://makeagif.com/ID3kiw
    It also sounds as impactful as it is.
    This post was edited by Relycs at October 15, 2016 11:39 AM EDT
    • 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 11:45 AM EDT
    @ Relycs - So a lever-action sawed-off... sniper...? Wut?
    • 367 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:00 PM EDT

I've a few weapons which hold a special place in my armory.

Dragonbone Bow.

DragonBone Axe (1 Handed axe x2)

Spears

I swear I will howl the site into Oblivion if TES 6 don't have spears... or until a mod comes out.

Spell wise, Familiar and Flaming Familiar (used as a pair)

but my top weapons have to be Claws and Fangs..

If it moves, bite it... If it don't, Bite it just in case...

Sotek Loyal Hound of Hircine

• 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:02 PM EDT
    @Sotek - I was super disappointed when there weren't spears/lances in Skyrim :(
    • 649 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:03 PM EDT

Throwing weapons, mainly knives and axes. 

• 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:05 PM EDT
    @Karver - And Fallout 4 lacks both. :( I want my throwing knives back, man.
    • 96 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:11 PM EDT
    WuYiXiang said: @ Relycs - So a lever-action sawed-off... sniper...? Wut?

Yes, it's quite the gun :D.
    • 96 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:12 PM EDT
    WuYiXiang said: @Sotek - I was super disappointed when there weren't spears/lances in Skyrim :(

You know... http://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/6/topic_id/8035
    • 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:13 PM EDT
    @Relycs - It's nice, but not quiiiite what I had in mind. :(
    • 649 posts
    October 15, 2016 12:19 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said: @Karver - And Fallout 4 lacks both. :( I want my throwing knives back, man.

Fallout 4, Oblivion, Skyrim...everything lacks these thing. Good old Morrowind and New Vegas

This post was edited by Karver the Lorc at October 15, 2016 12:19 PM EDT
    • 6 posts
    October 15, 2016 1:11 PM EDT
    In regards to elder scrolls, Volendrung.
    In regards to fallout, Board of education.

My favorite weapon in general is probably guan yu's green dragon crescent blade from the 'warriors' games. Honorable mention goes to the bell chime hammer from dark souls 2.

I like big weapons.
    • 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 1:19 PM EDT
    @ Jordan - I used to love the Guan Do, too, but idk any more. I've become more partial to slimmer, more elegant weapons of late.
    • 1 posts
    October 15, 2016 1:24 PM EDT
    Personally My favorite weapon is Fable: The Lost Chapters' Avo's Tear/Sword of Aeons. Though The sword of Aeons and Avo's tear are two seperate swords, the both have the same damage and augmentations, becaude you get one or the other depending on whether you kill or spare your sister. Both swords look cool, but I personally like them the best because of the choice requirement surrounding either blade.
    • 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 1:28 PM EDT

JusticeSnow said: Personally My favorite weapon is Fable: The Lost Chapters' Avo's Tear/Sword of Aeons. Though The sword of Aeons and Avo's tear are two seperate swords, the both have the same damage and augmentations, becaude you get one or the other depending on whether you kill or spare your sister. Both swords look cool, but I personally like them the best because of the choice requirement surrounding either blade.

I've never played Fable, myself. Couldn't get into it, but that sounds amazing.

• 558 posts
    October 15, 2016 1:51 PM EDT

Amygdala's Arm from Bloodborne. I haven't used it very much, but it is the coolest weapon design I have ever seen. It is literally the arm of a young giant space alien. Rad.

• 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 2:27 PM EDT
    Interesting. I'll have to have a gander, Steezy.
    • 1595 posts
    October 15, 2016 2:48 PM EDT

Favourite weapon in Skyrim in terms of aesthetic appeal is probaably the hunting bow for me. For Fallout I like the pipe reveolver rifle and in Mass Effect 3 I enjoyed the Scorpion.

I guess I a pretty boring when it comes to armaments. The good old iron sword, obsolete as soo as you pick it up, is probably my favourite looking sword. Yeah, I'm pretty dull it seems.

• 649 posts
    October 15, 2016 2:51 PM EDT

How about Oblivion, Phil? Fine Steel Longsword, or Silver Longsword. Elven Shortsword and Dagger are absolutely sick, as is Elven Warhammer

• 1595 posts
    October 15, 2016 2:57 PM EDT

The elven shortsword in OBlivion was a fine looking blade, right you are. To be fair the elven dagger in Skyrim looks the nuts. I do like an elegant curve.

• 312 posts
    October 15, 2016 3:27 PM EDT

Phil said:

I guess I a pretty boring when it comes to armaments. The good old iron sword, obsolete as soo as you pick it up, is probably my favourite looking sword. Yeah, I'm pretty dull it seems.

I can appreciate form over function sometimes. :D