Forums » The Lounge

Vault D&D

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:12 PM EDT

Hey everyone, Zonnonn and I have been discussing about the potential of a Vault D&D game on Roll20, or perhaps Skype. What do you guys think? Anyone wanna set up a game? We'll need a good DM as well as a few more players. 

• 404 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:15 PM EDT

sounds rad. I always wanted to play D&D.

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:16 PM EDT

ShyGuyWolf said:

sounds rad. I always wanted to play D&D.

Awesome ShyGuy, glad your game!

• 1441 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:19 PM EDT

I´d be up for it, played a few games of D&D myself, quite fun

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:21 PM EDT

Chris said:

I´d be up for it, played a few games of D&D myself, quite fun

Great, Chris!

• 585 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:24 PM EDT

Obviously I'm all about it, do we have an experienced DM in here who can help the newer players *cough me *cough work out some of the mechanics?

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:29 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Obviously I'm all about it, do we have an experienced DM in here who can help the newer players *cough me *cough work out some of the mechanics?

Hmmm, surely you wouldn't be sutable, right?

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:29 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

Hmmm, surely you wouldn't be suitable, right?

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:30 PM EDT

And I just wrote the same comment twice trying to fix a spelling mistake. Slick.

This post was edited by Rogue at September 13, 2016 12:30 PM EDT
    • 4 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:32 PM EDT

hey im down but what edition are we up for... i have books for 3.5 and i have a pdf of 5th edition handbook

• 585 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:33 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

Well silly me once again, I was saying that I was the new player, and someone else needs to guide me. I swear I passed English, but I'm starting to think they were sympathy marks.

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:36 PM EDT

Justiciar Russ said:

hey im down but what edition are we up for... i have books for 3.5 and i have a pdf of 5th edition handbook

Cool, the more the merrier!

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:38 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

RogueSilver said:

Zonnonn said:

That makes so much more sense now :p

Well silly me once again, I was saying that I was the new player, and someone else needs to guide me. I swear I passed English, but I'm starting to think they were sympathy marks.

• 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:40 PM EDT

Just to clarify, DM position is still available.

• 4 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:41 PM EDT

i have.. ghostwalk,complete adventuer,complete scoundrel, and heros of horror nd dragon magic

• 585 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:45 PM EDT

Justiciar Russ said:

I guess 5th as that's most up to date, and we can ask on other forums and stuff if we're stuck with something. But I have heard that 3.5 was pretty great, and if that's what the majority of people have experienced with it wouldn't be an issue to play it, or another edition.

• 4 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:47 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Justiciar Russ said:

I guess 5th as that's most up to date, and we can ask on other forums and stuff if we're stuckwith something. But I have heard that 3.5 was pretty great, and if that's what the majority of people have experienced with it wouldn't be an issue to play it, or another edition.

the reason i asked is cuz im really familair with 3.5 and im bout 35% sure how 5th works

This post was edited by Supreme Warlock at September 13, 2016 12:48 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:48 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Justiciar Russ said:

I guess 5th as that's most up to date, and we can ask on other forums and stuff if we're stuck with something. But I have heard that 3.5 was pretty great, and if that's what the majority of people have experienced with it wouldn't be an issue to play it, or another edition.

I'm of the same mind. We may just have the edition chosen by the DM. Once we actually have one, that is.

• 4 posts
    September 13, 2016 12:50 PM EDT

either 3.5 or 5th i have a charcter all ready picked out

• 312 posts
    September 13, 2016 7:34 PM EDT

I'm down. Unfortunately, my work hours might clash, so it's tentative for now. I can't find my old rulebooks, or I'd be down for DM. :/

• 404 posts
    September 13, 2016 10:09 PM EDT

hey guys, I am using the site Chaotic Shiny for my character. if you want to see what I got please pm me.

• 411 posts
    September 13, 2016 10:20 PM EDT

I havent played D&D in a long time but i may join.

(Although i cant use skype due to personal reasons if we are using skype.)

• 1467 posts
    September 13, 2016 10:52 PM EDT

I'd be down to play, especially if it was 3.5 (but I could give 5 a shot)

But it might be a bit harder for me to show up considering the Australian time zone is pretty far off the rest of the site's, and whenever I am open is usually like 3 in the morning for others. At least that's how[ it went last time I gave it a shot. 

EDIT:

The more I read the player's handbook, the more interested I am in playing 5th Edition, it would certainly make my character almost too easy to create (I used the character rolling site that ShyGuy mentioned, and got a fun seeming first character, just expanding her now, but only a bit so she can fit into either 3.5 or 5th edition later on).

I dunno, depending on who the DM is, I am setting her up with some little abilities kind of (ones that have pros and cons, not ones that overpower her), for instance I rolled an affinity with Wind Magic on that site, so any wind based spells (ones that are obvious, not things like saying...well Burning Hands means the fire is going between two parts of air so it totes counts) do a little bit more damage, but she can't use other elements...Or another one, that because she doesn't believe in gods or anything, she can't use Holy items (but if it was 3.5, she might get a better Persuade change with someone with a similar belief). Just some little things that make her  a bit more interesting, though wouldn't ruin the character if I wasn't allowed to add them. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at September 14, 2016 8:02 AM EDT
    • 743 posts
    September 14, 2016 11:59 AM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

But it might be a bit harder for me to show up considering the Australian time zone is pretty far off the rest of the site's, and whenever I am open is usually like 3 in the morning for others. At least that's how[ it went last time I gave it a shot. 

EDIT:

The more I read the player's handbook, the more interested I am in playing 5th Edition, it would certainly make my character almost too easy to create (I used the character rolling site that ShyGuy mentioned, and got a fun seeming first character, just expanding her now, but only a bit so she can fit into either 3.5 or 5th edition later on).

I dunno, depending on who the DM is, I am setting her up with some little abilities kind of (ones that have pros and cons, not ones that overpower her), for instance I rolled an affinity with Wind Magic on that site, so any wind based spells (ones that are obvious, not things like saying...well Burning Hands means the fire is going between two parts of air so it totes counts) do a little bit more damage, but she can't use other elements...Or another one, that because she doesn't believe in gods or anything, she can't use Holy items (but if it was 3.5, she might get a better Persuade change with someone with a similar belief). Just some little things that make her  a bit more interesting, though wouldn't ruin the character if I wasn't allowed to add them. 

Great, I suppose you could help out us noobs?

• 585 posts
    September 15, 2016 3:08 AM EDT

Anyone fancy being a DM yet?

Dragonborn1721 said:

EDIT:

This character sounds pretty cool, I think I need to visit this site for myself.