Forums » Support

Bug Reporting Thread

• 277 posts
    October 23, 2016 3:31 AM EDT

The full site view on my smartphone has a bug since Friday. I press the notifications button and this is how it looks like. I can't navigate sideways.

• 312 posts
    October 23, 2016 3:46 AM EDT

Noodles said:

The full site view on my smartphone has a bug since Friday. I press the notifications button and this is how it looks like. I can't navigate sideways.

Exact same issue here. Was just about to report it, actually, since I'm finally on my PC, but Noodles beat me to it.

Edana said:

Drowning dude, eh? I see a dude on a rollercoaster! Weeeeeee. lol

So you're the glass-half-full type, eh? :P

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 23, 2016 3:48 AM EDT
    • 96 posts
    October 23, 2016 6:09 AM EDT
    Not sure if this is a 'bug' or intentional but the main line "TamrielVault" doesn't link to the home site (activity feed) anymore. At least not on mobile.
    Looks great how it's now organized, though.
    • 1595 posts
    October 23, 2016 6:40 AM EDT

Relycs said: Not sure if this is a 'bug' or intentional but the main line "TamrielVault" doesn't link to the home site (activity feed) anymore. At least not on mobile.

Could you do a quick test now and see if it works?

• 694 posts
    October 23, 2016 7:39 AM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Noodles said:

Exact same issue here. Was just about to report it, actually, since I'm finally on my PC, but Noodles beat me to it.

Thanks guys! Can you give me an estimate of what time the clipping started happening? I installed the new plugin on Friday, but not til the evening (like 8:30P Eastern) and if it was happening before then I can rule out that the new plugin is causing it.

Thanks!

• 277 posts
    October 23, 2016 7:45 AM EDT

Edana said:

WuYiXiang said:

Noodles said:

Thanks guys! Can you give me an estimate of what time the clipping started happening? I installed the new plugin on Friday, but not til the evening (like 8:30P Eastern) and if it was happening before then I can rule out that the new plugin is causing it.

Thanks!

Well before Friday evening (7 - 9 PM Eastern European), the notifications tab wouldn't expand this way. But navigating sideways never worked for me on smartphone.

• 694 posts
    October 23, 2016 8:23 AM EDT

Noodles said:

Well before Friday evening (7 - 9 PM Eastern European), the notifications tab wouldn't expand this way. But navigating sideways never worked for me on smartphone.

Hm. Curious. At least that rules out the new plugin. Thanks Noodles, I'll take a look.

• 312 posts
    October 23, 2016 8:52 AM EDT

Noodles said:

I'm not quite sure on my end, to be honest. I only really noticed it Saturday morning.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 23, 2016 8:52 AM EDT
    • 96 posts
    October 23, 2016 12:56 PM EDT
    Phil said:

Relycs said: Not sure if this is a 'bug' or intentional but the main line "TamrielVault" doesn't link to the home site (activity feed) anymore. At least not on mobile.

Could you do a quick test now and see if it works?

Yes, it does, thanks for looking into it. Quoting also seems to work now properly.
    This post was edited by Relycs at October 23, 2016 12:56 PM EDT
    • 694 posts
    October 23, 2016 8:22 PM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

I'm haivng issues whenever I upload an image directly from my computer (either through the upload button on discussions, or adding them into an album). Basically my images have been...decresing in quality when I upload them, as well as shrinking for some reason, it doesn't effect any images I copy from online as long as it's uploaded, but it is a bit of a problem for showing off any images I might want to here.

@Deebs, we fixed this issue with the new plugin. You can now upload large, hi-res images to your albums. Once you upload it, view the image in full screen, right click on the image to grab your link. This is the test link that demonstrates the use of full res photos.

This post was edited by Edana at October 23, 2016 8:45 PM EDT
    • 641 posts
    October 24, 2016 11:27 AM EDT

Hey guys, seem to be getting multiple notifications when people comment in threads I comment in.

• 1595 posts
    October 24, 2016 1:48 PM EDT

Thanks Vel. I am looking at the notification settings, we may be able to tweak it. Would you mind taking a screenshot of the multiple noties so i can narrow down said tweakage?

• 641 posts
    October 24, 2016 2:23 PM EDT

Is this good Phil?

• 1595 posts
    October 24, 2016 2:33 PM EDT

It does help! And all those were for the same group post?

• 641 posts
    October 24, 2016 2:50 PM EDT

I think two but most of them from the same

• 1595 posts
    October 24, 2016 4:29 PM EDT

Vel, could you make a test post in the Gateway? I want to spam replies at you and see if I can detect what's up. I have a feeling the bugs we're seeing occur when we are operating in a mode designed for web developing. The pattern indiactes this coud be the case, but I would like to see for myself.

• 641 posts
    October 24, 2016 5:04 PM EDT

Sure Phil, just in any old thread?

• 1595 posts
    October 24, 2016 5:07 PM EDT

No no, make a new discussion. Call it The Glove or Test or whatever :)

• 312 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:33 PM EDT

Dunno if anyone else still has this issue, but after a few weeks of playing nice, Chrome has decided to ignore the "Remember Me" checkmark by the login and forgets me every time.

• 312 posts
    October 26, 2016 12:48 PM EDT

Now, idk if you've finished messing around with the navigation bar, but I thought I'd post this regardless:

The buttons on the bar keep changing sizes when I mouse over them, making it very difficult to pin down the button I want.

• 77 posts
    October 26, 2016 2:04 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Now, idk if you've finished messing around with the navigation bar, but I thought I'd post this regardless:

The buttons on the bar keep changing sizes when I mouse over them, making it very difficult to pin down the button I want.

I had a similar thing the other evening and had to resort to the More menu, however, I had 3 other tabs open for the site as I was uploading photos, and only one of the other tabs behaved in the same way - wouldn't let me click on the first sub-menu, the other 2 tabs behaved as expected. I put it down to the browser being funky (Firefox), but depending on which browser you are using, it could point to something more site based :-/

• 312 posts
    October 26, 2016 3:54 PM EDT

Using Chrome, so if both Firefox and Chrome are experiencing the same thing, it's likely the site.

Well, it's not doing it any more. >.>

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 26, 2016 3:58 PM EDT
    • 312 posts
    October 27, 2016 1:30 AM EDT

Aaaand it's doing it again.

• 694 posts
    October 27, 2016 6:53 AM EDT
    Thanks Wu, for the screenshot and tracking the issue. There was an issue where the menu wasn't working on the landing page and member profiles. Apparently the fix for that somehow caused this, I think. Usually viewing it on a larger monitor rather than a laptop helps.

I'm under the gun on a deadline for work today but I'll noodle around with this as soon as I can.
    • 312 posts
    November 5, 2016 2:29 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

At the same time, the "Quote" function on my PC (also Chrome) is now forcing the page to load into the full reply rather than simply pasting the code into the Quick Reply box like it used to. There are occasions when it uses the Quick Reply box, but they're few and far between.

I think I figured out the cause of the inconsistency. The forums always load into a new page, but discussions will paste it straight to the Quick Reply box, so it might be that the button functions differently between the two types.

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at November 5, 2016 2:34 PM EDT