Forums » Support

Bug Reporting Thread

    • 312 posts
    September 11, 2016 12:47 PM EDT

    Unnumbered Lists don't show up correctly when I post them. It's correct in the editor, but...

    Unnumbered Lists


    This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 11, 2016 12:47 PM EDT
    • 96 posts
    September 11, 2016 3:23 PM EDT
    I dont know if it's a bug or just me but more than some hours pass until stuff that I replied actually appears on the thread/my profile.
    • 555 posts
    September 11, 2016 3:33 PM EDT

    WuYiXiang said:

    Unnumbered Lists don't show up correctly when I post them. It's correct in the editor, but...

    Unnumbered Lists

    I'm looking into this issue - it's bothering me as well. 

    • 555 posts
    September 11, 2016 3:34 PM EDT

    Relycs said: I dont know if it's a bug or just me but more than some hours pass until stuff that I replied actually appears on the thread/my profile.

    I've been updating our plugins lately and this should be fixed soon. Thank you for letting me know!

    • 96 posts
    September 11, 2016 4:57 PM EDT
    Forgot to add: Replies to a discussion in the character building group do not show in my profile. I commented in the group but it only listed my last reply here.
    • 61 posts
    September 12, 2016 9:55 AM EDT

    I've been unable to compose posts or messages from any of my mobile devices, the key board will not come up.  This includes my iphone and kindle tablet, and includes both the moblie site and the full site.

    • 626 posts
    September 12, 2016 10:01 AM EDT

    Vargr said:

    I've been unable to compose posts or messages from any of my mobile devices, the key board will not come up.  This includes my iphone and kindle tablet, and includes both the moblie site and the full site.

    Hmm... I've been having some issues on my iPhone as well, but it's curious to me that it's happening on a Kindle. Thanks for flagging this, Vargr. I'm not sure exactly yet how to troubleshoot it but I'll take a look.

    • 555 posts
    September 12, 2016 10:14 AM EDT

    I'm going to be looking into mobile plugins soon, I'll make sure to keep everyone updated. 

    • 123 posts
    September 13, 2016 1:56 PM EDT

    Two things I've noticed just in the last couple of days...

    1. The inability to post directly on someones profile page.  We were able to do this when the site first opened.

    2. On the main (home) page, the third section for newest articles/postings has disappeared.  I can click on "Popular Content" but there is no longer the ability to post on the main page.  Again, this was an option until just a day or two ago.

    • 592 posts
    September 13, 2016 2:55 PM EDT

    John LeBlanc said:

    Two things I've noticed just in the last couple of days...

    1. The inability to post directly on someones profile page.  We were able to do this when the site first opened.

    2. On the main (home) page, the third section for newest articles/postings has disappeared.  I can click on "Popular Content" but there is no longer the ability to post on the main page.  Again, this was an option until just a day or two ago.

    It´s because of the new plugin that was installed, the one that adds likes to discussion and upgrades the editing tool. As far as I´m aware Admins and Social Engine guys are working on it. 

    • 123 posts
    September 13, 2016 4:23 PM EDT

    Blacklight said:

    The Mighty Deeb said:

    So this might not be a bug but...I don't have an activity feed at the moment, nor a way to post a status, or really interact with anything that's happened recently. 

     

    The exact same thing happened to me. However, I fixed it by doing this. However, it is probably completely irrelivant to you.

    In my recent bar (which I got to by right clicking my browser symbol. In this case, Mozilla Firefox)

    The top link works for me. My activity feed worked fine from that link.

    Beforehand, however, The one underneath it (TamrielVault-Home) did not display the feed.

     

    Hope that helps. Though it probably won't.

     

    That's definitely wierd.  However, I checked and the front page was fixed.  Basically had to reset my bookmark and delete the old one.  Literally, even Friends Online was showing "0" all the time.  As soon as I clicked like above, three friends online and the feed is appearing. 

    • 123 posts
    September 13, 2016 4:28 PM EDT

    Well, spoke too soon.  The bug is still there but it's wierd.  So I click on my feed (like he notes above).  I noted that this shows up as "tamrielvault" and I can see the feed, Friends Online, etc.  But when I go into any link, my personal page and/or go to someone else's personal page the web address reverts to "tamrielvault4" and all the stuff disappears.  Friends Online, for example, reverts from (3) to (0) and the feeds disappear. 

     

    It appears that many pages are still showing "4" including character builds that were put up after the site went live but before the latest plug ins.  And from the character pages, even hitting the logo at the top of the page (The Tamriel Vault) that goes back to "TamrielVault4". 


    This post was edited by John LeBlanc at September 13, 2016 4:31 PM EDT
    • 312 posts
    September 13, 2016 4:57 PM EDT

    WuYiXiang said:

    Ehm, I just want you to know that since the URL change from TamrielVault4 to TamrielVault, none of my feeds have been working. I can't look at other people's activities, the home page feed is blank, and even my own stuff is missing.

    Feed Missing

     

    I checked a few others' pages to see if my CSS was messing up. Sorry, Legion, but you're my guinea pig.

     

    Legion's Feed

     

    Interestingly, when I tried Microsoft Edge, everything showed up, so I think it might just be Google Chrome.

    Microsoft Edge

     

    (Please, please, please don't force me to use Microsoft Edge to visit this page.)

     

    UPDATE:

    I retried everything, and it works. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, though. It seems to occur sporadically.

    It works!

    Update to Update:

    Upon further investigation, I discovered that the time I did get it to work, the site did not redirect to TamrielVault, instead staying on TamrielVault4.

     

    Links to Full Sized Images (in order shown in thread):

    First

    Second

    Third

    Fourth

     Side Note:  I realize that I forgot to disable AdBlock for this site. I have done so. ^^;

    I addressed this here, only in reverse. If you're having trouble with feeds, just delete the "4" from the URL.

    • 5 posts
    September 15, 2016 5:54 AM EDT
    On mobile still: I can only see some of the posts in threads. Case in example: I just foolishly made a post in a tread that, on the list, showed 3 pages of 52 posts. When I open the thread, I see only op+2 posts, the most recent being made in June. I can click on the list links to the other pages, but all of them take me to the same exact 3 posts. As well, I cannot edit nor delete the post I made.
    • 626 posts
    September 16, 2016 8:28 AM EDT

    Lathos Zan said: On mobile still: I can only see some of the posts in threads. Case in example: I just foolishly made a post in a tread that, on the list, showed 3 pages of 52 posts. When I open the thread, I see only op+2 posts, the most recent being made in June. I can click on the list links to the other pages, but all of them take me to the same exact 3 posts. As well, I cannot edit nor delete the post I made.

     

    Hm, do you have the link that's acting up? I can fiddle around with it and see if I can try and pinpoint what's happening with those inconsistencies.

    • 5 posts
    September 16, 2016 6:34 PM EDT
    Edana said:

    Hm, do you have the link that's acting up? I can fiddle around with it and see if I can try and pinpoint what's happening with those inconsistencies.

    http://tamrielvault.com/forums/topic/5756/fallout-sucks Also, cannot make quotes with the mobile version, but I did find the button for the desktop site. Edit: which does not resize at all on mobile even with the use of typical zoom gestures... It is always like 25% wider than my screen, which is odd for a desktop site.
    This post was edited by Lathos Zan at September 16, 2016 6:38 PM EDT
    • 323 posts
    September 18, 2016 7:18 PM EDT

    Here's a bit of an odd one...

    In the Blogs section, if we use any Font other than the default one, anything we have in itallics reverts to the default Font.

     

    Here's an example.

    Aela jumped in a direct response to Sotek’s elbow but she quickly recovered and took point, leading the Companions along with a few select members following behind. Danica could see Aela was troubled and she quickened her pace to move alongside her.

    “Aela, one second child”. She whispered in the Companion’s ear then moved back to her position within the group. “The temple doors don’t just open on Sundas you know”.

     

    Font size 12

    Font Times New Roman.

    Any suggestions on a fix? There are numerous writers in TSC and we all have out preferred Fonts. Itttalics we use for whispers and to show when characters are talking quietly. 

    Sotek Loyal Hound of Hircine

    • 312 posts
    September 18, 2016 7:23 PM EDT

    Sotek said:

    Here's a bit of an odd one...

    In the Blogs section, if we use any Font other than the default one, anything we have in itallics reverts to the default Font.

    It's not just italics, and it's not just blogs. Anything formatted (BoldedItalicized, Underlined, or Struck Through) gets reverted. Note:  All of this is 10pt. Georgia.

    It's messing with my WiPs a lot.


    This post was edited by WuYiXiang at September 18, 2016 7:26 PM EDT
    • 65 posts
    September 19, 2016 12:58 AM EDT

    WuYiXiang said:

    Sotek said:

    Here's a bit of an odd one...

    In the Blogs section, if we use any Font other than the default one, anything we have in itallics reverts to the default Font.

    It's not just italics, and it's not just blogs. Anything formatted (BoldedItalicized, Underlined, or Struck Through) gets reverted. Note:  All of this is 10pt. Georgia.

    It's messing with my WiPs a lot.

    Only way around this so far is to edit the actual code, not the simplest of options :-(

    • 312 posts
    September 19, 2016 2:52 AM EDT

    Meli said:

    Only way around this so far is to edit the actual code, not the simplest of options :-(

    Mmhm. And it's annoying when WYSIWYG isn't actually WYG.

    • 65 posts
    September 19, 2016 7:29 AM EDT

    WuYiXiang said:

    Meli said:

    Only way around this so far is to edit the actual code, not the simplest of options :-(

    Mmhm. And it's annoying when WYSIWYG isn't actually WYG.

    Agreed

    • 795 posts
    October 3, 2016 8:07 PM EDT

    I'm haivng issues whenever I upload an image directly from my computer (either through the upload button on discussions, or adding them into an album). Basically my images have been...decresing in quality when I upload them, as well as shrinking for some reason, it doesn't effect any images I copy from online as long as it's uploaded, but it is a bit of a problem for showing off any images I might want to here.

    Here's an example, the first one is an image I uploaded directly, while the second is the same image from online. I shrunk the second one down to help prove my point, but the quality is just oddly different, but really impactful for builds.  

    • 96 posts
    October 4, 2016 11:32 AM EDT
    Dragonborn1721 said:

    I'm haivng issues whenever I upload an image directly from my computer (either through the upload button on discussions, or adding them into an album). Basically my images have been...decresing in quality when I upload them, as well as shrinking for some reason, it doesn't effect any images I copy from online as long as it's uploaded, but it is a bit of a problem for showing off any images I might want to here.

    Here's an example, the first one is an image I uploaded directly, while the second is the same image from online. I shrunk the second one down to help prove my point, but the quality is just oddly different, but really impactful for builds.  

    The first one doesn't even appear for me..
    • 312 posts
    October 4, 2016 2:33 PM EDT

    Relycs said:The first one doesn't even appear for me.

    Same here. I notice the site automatically compresses everything that's 1920x1080 to around 720x405, though. It's a bit annoying, if you ask me.

    • 1186 posts
    October 4, 2016 10:03 PM EDT

    WuYiXiang said:

    Relycs said:The first one doesn't even appear for me.

    Same here. I notice the site automatically compresses everything that's 1920x1080 to around 720x405, though. It's a bit annoying, if you ask me.

    Does making the image clickable and opening in a new window help relieve this issue? I'll root around in the back when i get in and see if there is anything to be done.